• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Ideas for new villagers?

I want Basset Hounds, Sea Otters, Armadillos, Pangolins

I'd like to see a villager that looks more like a red eyed tree frog and not loosley based like Henry Jambette.

Lots of great ideas in this thread, I would love if they made more animal types!

I wish there were sloth villagers, but I feel like they'd look weird. If anything, I wish that some of the villager models were updates, or that species with fur were more fluffy. It feels kinda weird to look at dog villagers and just see sleekness but when you look at sheep they have fluff. This is an outrage.

I want more sea creature villagers! Sharks and sea turtles, angler fish, whales, seals
I also want snakes. Boas and pythons, garters, cobras, coral snakes and scarlet king snakes (those last two having opposite personalities would be cool)
Also give me the red pandas Nintendo. You and I both know they would make for adorable villagers. Hand em over.
And more mythological villagers. We have a unicorn, where's our mothman, our nessie, give us the kelpies.

Was surprised when starting up New Leaf to find out that there aren't any insect villagers. Would be cool to see a few kinds of spider running around, or some butterflies. Maybe even some cricket types? Bugs are fascinating, and cartoony versions might look cool in the style of the game.

Sure, you can catch bugs, which might make it weird - but you can also catch squid and frogs, so maybe not THAT weird.

> Red Panda
> Gopher
> Guinea Pig/Capybara
> European Badger
> Meerkat
> Magpie in the form of the "bird villager" design/body type
> Spoonbill in the form of the "ostrich villager" design/body type
> Gerbil
> Chinchilla
> Armadillo
> Pangolins ( Anteaters cover this, Anabelle being an example)
> Tamandua Anteater
> Aardvark ( Possibly in the form of the Anteater villager design/body type, there are plenty of things that could distinguish them)
> Flat Face Persian Cat in the form of the cat villager design/body type
> Wolverine
> Bees (It's a stretch but I think it could work)

ooh shark :D i'd also like lizards or snakes, ahaha. same with any sort of cryptid/mythical creature. i'd be all over that.

i also had a good idea for two new personality types but i completely forgot them. :mad:

Skink villagers could work for a snake/lizard combo. :)

I'd prefer if we could catch reptiles so I'm not too sure about just snakes or lizards.

Back