• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I think I made a mistake.

nintendoanna

Bells
Switch
2902-9478-7785
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Lobo
Cake
So my dreamies are Julian, Merengue, Tia, Beau, Whitney, Muffy & Maple.

3 of them are normal and I noticed they say the same things, sometimes. I mean when I was picking my dreamies I knew they were normal, but I didn't know they would have that much of a similar dialogue. Do any of you notice notice this?

I might have to get rid of one but I know I'm definitely keeping maple!

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed that when I got a bunch of smug villagers. It kind of contributed to me quitting playing AC daily.

I like to have one of each personality type because imo, if you have more than 2, they become bland very quickly and you start to dislike them.

This is why I had to get rid of some of my normals. They all became the same. I had like 4 of them.

So my dreamies are Julian, Merengue, Tia, Beau, Whitney, Muffy & Maple.

3 of them are normal and I noticed they say the same things, sometimes. I mean when I was picking my dreamies I knew they were normal, but I didn't know they would have that much of a similar dialogue. Do any of you notice notice this?

Yeah, normals have repetitive dialogue. In fact, all four of the female personalities are flawed.

The normal villagers are the worst when it comes to repetitive dialogue.
The peppy villagers are damn annoying.
The uchi villagers usually have a bad character design.
The snooty villagers are the meanest villagers in town.

But yes, normals are highly repetitive in dialogue, and it gets boring.

yep, and such a shame that a lot of normal villagers look so cute :-\

but idk I'm still keeping the 4 normals I have.. even though the dialogues.. Gosh :rolleyes:

Normals are so repetitive, but they're all cute so I live with it.
Half of my first town is normals... Marina, Poppy, Ava, Gayle, Merengue.

It is kind of unfortunate, especially since the normals are some of the cutest ones in the game! Like everyone else said, it's not fun to have more than 2 of any personality type, but I feel like it's especially bad with normals and jocks. I can only really stand having one of each of those in my town or else I go crazy haha >.<

I think this is why I hate, hate, hate Kid Cat. Teddy was one of my first villagers and I liked him a lot, and then KC moved in and had NOTHING new to say. I've wanted him out ever since. Do not have the patience for two jocks in my town!

It started to get on my nerves when I had four normal villagers in my town, ahaha!
They're so cute, but there's only so much you can listen to the same dialogue over and over.
I've started to vary the personality composition of my towns to limit repetitive dialogue as much as possible.
I never used to like Peppy villagers but I've actually grown rather fond of them lately, just because I haven't interacted with them much and they can still surprise me. :blush:

that was a huge factor in me getting rid of 2 of my normals. i had marcie, peaches and vesta who i loved dearly, but vesta was my dreamie and the rest just had to go because their dialogue was the exact same and nothing else about them was interesting aside from their designs.

I have 3 normals in my main town, sure, their dialogue is repetitive, but I can't let them go because it would break my heart to :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I love the lazy and smug villagers, but yeah when they keep repeating things it makes me sad inside... I wish there was a larger pool of replies and stuff. >.<

Back