• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I need help trying to get rid of a villager

Ravedous

Bells
I am trying to get rid of a villager called Rodney the bear just because his house is in the place I wanted to build the bridge. Also he is kind of a rude person, so what I kept doing is hitting him with a net to piss him off. I also kept pushing him around in pitfalls but I can't seem to get rid of him. Plz help me. 😊

As far as I can tell, getting rid of the villager will be entirely the villager's choice - so it will be random. I have several villagers I'm hoping will move out, but its the ones I talk to daily, write letters to, and do favors for that seem to want to leave, sadly. ;v; So I think your best bet would just be to ignore him. When he's thinking of moving you might hear about it from other villagers. He also might come up to you wanting to talk one day and say he's planning to move on such-and-such a date. You'll have the option to say goodbye or take care or something along those lines, or to ask him to stay.

I think the best thing that did the trick for me is to just ignore them and talk to everyone else. I believe after a couple days up to a week they would approach you with an exclamation and tell you they are moving.

Like everyone else said, just ignore them. And if they come put to you and ask for anything, just say no. They will eventually announce that they're moving.

I think the best thing that did the trick for me is to just ignore them and talk to everyone else. I believe after a couple days up to a week they would approach you with an exclamation and tell you they are moving.

Nope, it's 100% random. It's definitely possible to ignore unwanted villagers for long periods of time and yet the ones you talk to often will ask to leave.

It's 100% random and nothing anybody can do will ever change that. All we can do is hope they make clear ways of removing villagers in future games. There are no "tricks" in New Leaf. None. Every single method people have ever listed on any New Leaf board has been confirmed as false at this point.

Edit: Also, if you're going to ignore them then completely ignore them. If they do ever want to move your favorite villagers will be the ones who let you know who's moving out. If it happens to be the one you want gone then continue ignoring them. The reason being is that there's a chance that when a villager wants to leave and you tell them to go they actually change their mind and stay. Whenever a villager decides to stay they can't be convinced otherwise until the next time they try leaving in the future.

Keep up what you're doing and eventually you'll get the message that the villager is moving out. It took me a week to get rid of a villager just by repeatedly hitting them with the net and ignoring them.

What I hated was that a villager I wanted gone had decided that he wanted to move and told me about it. When he said goodbye, I didn't ask him to stay, the villager then decided to stay because we needed to be better friends. I was so angry, I just wish it was like in Wild World where when you wanted them to leave and ypu told them so, they would leave.

Back