• "Join us at 8 PM EDT for a special, for-fun (no spectator points) staff stream of ACNH hide-and-seek!"
    ~~ Coming Soon on Twitch with chat in #secret-stream ~~

i might start a cycling town, any suggestions?

yosugay

餅ガール
Bells
im thinking of starting a cycling town and would love to have some tips and suggestions on how to run a good cycling town

be patient, and I DO mean patient. rushing cycling is the absolute worst thing you can do, especially after a while where it can get incredibly tedious when you start potentially having a near full set of villagers you like

also I'd recommend even if no villagers ping you, find one to talk to until they get sick of you (ignore any requests to speed things up) to see if they give you any "Did you know X is thinking about moving...." message

also for recruiting campers, make sure you're not carrying any items or bells so you dont have to bother with their games and can just go straight into recruitment (with nonsense flavor text)

9 villagers drop to 8 will always have a new villager move in shortly after, though 10 dropping to 9 never will without a secondary trigger from my experience (streetpass, camper, recruit from another town, etc)

Last edited:
be patient, and I DO mean patient. rushing cycling is the absolute worst thing you can do, especially after a while where it can get incredibly tedious when you start potentially having a near full set of villagers you like

also I'd recommend even if no villagers ping you, find one to talk to until they get sick of you (ignore any requests to speed things up) to see if they give you any "Did you know X is thinking about moving...." message

also for recruiting campers, make sure you're not carrying any items or bells so you dont have to bother with their games and can just go straight into recruitment (with nonsense flavor text)

9 villagers drop to 8 will always have a new villager move in shortly after, though 10 dropping to 9 never will without a secondary trigger from my experience (streetpass, camper, recruit from another town, etc)

tysm! will keep that in mind

Back