• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I am beyond frustrated trying to reset!

Ankhes

Wounded Orb
Bells
Winter Mittens
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
I have been preparing to reset my Main Town of Roseberg for, I'd guess, over a MONTH! I already have all my money and things held in another of my towns and I have been getting my villagers to their promised homes. But it is all TAKING forever!

To get a villager out you have to have a full enough town. To do that you need enough villagers. To do that you either have to adopt freebies if you have time to stalk Giveaways (but I don't because I don't want to just use some for "pushing fodder" to get the desired villagers re-homed) or get lucky with the Camp Site.

I hardly EVER get a camper even tho when I can I TT day by stinking day. When I do, I still go day by day and sometimes I go over a WEEK with nobody leaving even tho I am at 9 villagers or higher.

I have several pretty popular villagers now that I want to give others the opportunity to adopt, not to mention that 2 of them I could possibly trade (just this ONCE to get a dreamie of my own) but it feels like my crappy town will NEVER be ready to reset!

I guess I could...but then I'd be tossing Diana, Rudy, Anchovy, Annaliese, Pippy, Fuschia, Gruff, Pango, Charliese, Drago, and Punchy (who I have somebody who wants him) to the Void just to reset. I feel like these villager are all too great to just toss, even tho I actually feel that ANY villager is...but I just feel like I'm at my wit's end.

But if I don't reset soon I fear I never will.

Has anybody else ever had such problems? Is resetting always so frustrating? Am I over-thinking? I also cannot stop myself from digging up fossils and gyroids, thus creating even MORE crap to transport to my other town, and to top everything off, a lovely gal I've promised Marina to (in my other town) just REFUSES to move.

I'm ready to tear my hair out. UGH!

Does anybody feel, or has ever felt so much frustration? Gah...or do I deserve it by being so picky or something about "when" is the right time...

The way you're going, there will never be an end. Just reset now and you won't regret it. I can help out if you'd like as well.

That OP in that thread specifically says that that thread is for people wanting to know IF they should reset, not problems with or anything else. Other stuff may be covered in the thread but I decided to follow the opening post. Thanks, tho.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The way you're going, there will never be an end. Just reset now and you won't regret it. I can help out if you'd like as well.

Thank you! I thought about what you said and you are right. My deadline is tomorrow. A new Roseberg come what may. If I don't I think you're right. I'll always get some other cool villager or something else to delay me.

I may just take you up on your offer. :).

Thank you! I thought about what you said and you are right. My deadline is tomorrow. A new Roseberg come what may. If I don't I think you're right. I'll always get some other cool villager or something else to delay me.

I may just take you up on your offer. :).

No problem. I restarted my town back in October for a few reasons. The town layout had been bugging me since July but it wasn't until October that I figured out I could TT to June 9th to keep my TPC start date nice and intact. I just TT'd slowly to catch up to the normal date. Mystery from Moonlite sounds a billion times better than Missy from Apple. I meant to save a few things. (ended up being about 180 items) I gave them to a friend to hold onto. She disappeared within a few days. She wasn't back until like January. I basically had no items and started from scratch. (When she came back, she ended up resetting her town again and didn't remember my junk in her town until she saw Rover on the train) I didn't really think too much about my villagers even though there were a few I liked a lot. (like Bob or Kidd) I just thought it'd be nice to meet some new villagers and it was. To this day, I do not regret resetting at all and my playtime is so much better now that I actually like my layout. (silly me who was too excited to play on launch that she picked a lame name/town name and the first layout option. XD) Well, sorry for the long rant. PM me if you need help. :)

*whispers*
Don't look at my signature...

Last edited:

I'd agree with this. :)
I've gotten stuck in the resetting/cycling trap before, and it never ends. There's always going to be something nice to give away to others that you may not want to 'waste' (villagers, etc.). But I guess in trying to do a service to others in that way, you can really do a disservice to yourself by continuing something that's frustrating and stressful. ;v;

Good luck in your new town when you start it! :)

Thanks, all of you. Tomorrow it is. I'm tired now so I know if I try now I'll pick some silly layout or mess up my town or mayor's name. Lol!
You are both right, of course. I need to stop frustrating myself or I'll no longer really be able to be of use to anyone else, either. I hadn't thought of that, nor of the cool new villagers I can meet.

Dev, I'm sorry you've been stuck like this...but I'm also relieved I'm not the only one.

Mystery...thanks for your kick and insight. :). You did not ramble at all. I really appreciate your thoughts.

*whisper*. I may not be able to resist... ;)

Thanks, all of you. Tomorrow it is. I'm tired now so I know if I try now I'll pick some silly layout or mess up my town or mayor's name. Lol!
You are both right, of course. I need to stop frustrating myself or I'll no longer really be able to be of use to anyone else, either. I hadn't thought of that, nor of the cool new villagers I can meet.

Dev, I'm sorry you've been stuck like this...but I'm also relieved I'm not the only one.

Mystery...thanks for your kick and insight. :). You did not ramble at all. I really appreciate your thoughts.

*whisper*. I may not be able to resist... ;)

No problem. :D

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of entrants. I thought a lot of people would want in regardless if I hid it in my signature or not...oh well...
Maybe I'll try this: There is a secret contest hidden in my signature.

Last edited:
That OP in that thread specifically says that that thread is for people wanting to know IF they should reset, not problems with or anything else. Other stuff may be covered in the thread but I decided to follow the opening post. Thanks, tho.

Best of luck then. ^^ I can't help you personally.

Ah, I feel your pain :(
I tried to reset a month or two ago, and I thought it would take a couple days, three at the most. Ended up taking three weeks @_@
If you want to get villagers out quickly, you could try Karen's cycling method. Apparently it works really well!
Don't feel too bad about voiding popular villagers though. I voided a few popular and semi-popular ones, but it didn't really end up mattering (sorry, Erik, Tom, Savannah and Shep...)

Good luck! c:

^ This! :)

I love how you are so generous to wait to get out villagers to give-away! (extremely nice of you) but I think you should take your priority first for this, and just reset! If getting villagers out is keeping you back, just reset! Villagers always pop up so other people can always get villagers through give-aways/auctions etc! Don't hold back and reset <3333 Good luck. :) <3

I came across the same problem when I wanted to reset my cycling town - I ended up keeping a running count of villagers who'd be reset with the town and ones who I'd try to find homes for.
When I got to 8/8 villagers who'd be reset over, that's when I reset the town - before any new villager could move in!

As for that game?
I lent it to a friend who hadn't tried ACNL yet - I like cycling, but the game is a lot more fun when it's shared with other people.

I have been preparing to reset my Main Town of Roseberg for, I'd guess, over a MONTH! I already have all my money and things held in another of my towns and I have been getting my villagers to their promised homes. But it is all TAKING forever!

To get a villager out you have to have a full enough town. To do that you need enough villagers. To do that you either have to adopt freebies if you have time to stalk Giveaways (but I don't because I don't want to just use some for "pushing fodder" to get the desired villagers re-homed) or get lucky with the Camp Site.

I hardly EVER get a camper even tho when I can I TT day by stinking day. When I do, I still go day by day and sometimes I go over a WEEK with nobody leaving even tho I am at 9 villagers or higher.

I have several pretty popular villagers now that I want to give others the opportunity to adopt, not to mention that 2 of them I could possibly trade (just this ONCE to get a dreamie of my own) but it feels like my crappy town will NEVER be ready to reset!

I guess I could...but then I'd be tossing Diana, Rudy, Anchovy, Annaliese, Pippy, Fuschia, Gruff, Pango, Charliese, Drago, and Punchy (who I have somebody who wants him) to the Void just to reset. I feel like these villager are all too great to just toss, even tho I actually feel that ANY villager is...but I just feel like I'm at my wit's end.

But if I don't reset soon I fear I never will.

Has anybody else ever had such problems? Is resetting always so frustrating? Am I over-thinking? I also cannot stop myself from digging up fossils and gyroids, thus creating even MORE crap to transport to my other town, and to top everything off, a lovely gal I've promised Marina to (in my other town) just REFUSES to move.

I'm ready to tear my hair out. UGH!

Does anybody feel, or has ever felt so much frustration? Gah...or do I deserve it by being so picky or something about "when" is the right time...

My advice: If you choose to reset, then reset the game with a combination of a map, the native fruit, and five starting villagers that are pleasing enough. (You can't expect to have 100-percent personal satisfaction.)

The game gives you five beginning villagers belonging to separate personality categories. Make sure at least one of them, and from his/her respective category, suits your tastes. And the fruit may matter to you for visual purpose. (My first town is oranges. My second town is peaches. I wanted my third town to be apples.)

When it comes to the sixth, seventh, and eighth villagers, they will belong to separate personality categories. (Refer to and print out the following: http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Villager+Personalities .) On Day #02, "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" has a house plot for an incoming villager not belonging to any of the First Five villager personality categories. You will want, as you're beginning Day #02, to use a new character. And by doing so, you have that character check out whose house is about to be built. If this incoming villager is to be rejected, then you don't save the new human character; so you would end without saving. Then you would start that new human character over again. And repeat the process until the situation meets with your satisfaction. (Or is close enough to doing so.)

I have a third town, and I found that I needed to reset (not the game but the new human) more than 20 times. It's best to break it up for rest periods.

So, write down on paper who the first five villagers are and the personality categories. Example:
1. Snooty
2. Peppy
3. Cranky
4. Jock
5. Normal

That means No. 6 will be between a Lazy, Smug, or Uchi. When No. 6 is established, getting to No. 7 will leave the other two categories of personality types randomly offered up by the game. But do remember to use a move-in human character so you don't become stuck with whomever "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" randomly gives you.

Last edited:
My advice: If you choose to reset, then reset the game with a combination of a map, the native fruit, and five starting villagers that are pleasing enough. (You can't expect to have 100-percent personal satisfaction.)

The game gives you five beginning villagers belonging to separate personality categories. Make sure at least one of them, and from his/her respective category, suits your tastes. And the fruit may matter to you for visual purpose. (My first town is oranges. My second town is peaches. I wanted my third town to be apples.)

When it comes to the sixth, seventh, and eighth villagers, they will belong to separate personality categories. (Refer to and print out the following: http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Villager+Personalities .) On Day #02, "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" has a house plot for an incoming villager not belonging to any of the First Five villager personality categories. You will want, as you're beginning Day #02, to use a new character. And by doing so, you have that character check out whose house is about to be built. If this incoming villager is to be rejected, then you don't save the new human character; so you would end without saving. Then you would start that new human character over again. And repeat the process until the situation meets with your satisfaction. (Or is close enough to doing so.)

I have a third town, and I found that I needed to reset (not the game but the new human) more than 20 times. It's best to break it up for rest periods.

So, write down on paper who the first five villagers are and the personality categories. Example:
1. Snooty
2. Peppy
3. Cranky
4. Jock
5. Normal

That means No. 6 will be between a Lazy, Smug, or Uchi. When No. 6 is established, getting to No. 7 will leave the other two categories of personality types randomly offered up by the game. But do remember to use a move-in human character so you don't become stuck with whomever "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" randomly gives you.

Candy, that is absolute sage advice! *enthusiastic hug!* I'll do that! I've never done the thing about plot setting with a new character to find a villager I like of the remaining type...that is PERFECT! And I like your starting criteria. I'd hate to have a map I love with no starting villager that I feel good about, yet having villagers I like and a crappy map would be just as bad.

I'm going to, for once, really try to plan and do this right. I expect to make a mistake or two, but this way nothing will be irreparable and I won't get myself into the situation of hating my town again. Keeping in mind that the first villagers (I'll check but I think it's true) are never Smugs...that will make it easier to find Pietro or Julian.

I'm not too worried about the fruit, tho for me pears or cherries would be a nice change.

I appreciate each and every one of everybody's input. I'm actually, at this moment, taking Ankhes to another town to dump her last remaining fossils, bells, and gyroids. Then...the BIG RESET!

I'm now, instead of being beyond frustrated, beyond excited. Tho since Fuschia is moving on the day of this game I'll try to give her away first. It's the least I can do since my game is set to her departure day. :)

Just reset already. You can get all of your villagers back somehow. I'm thinking about resetting, but I might only bring along my main dreamies; Bam, Biskit, Molly, etc.

Back