• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Hypochondria

goatling

Little Flower
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
I was wondering, how many people here also have hypochondria? I'm a hypochondriac and it's a struggle to deal with everyday for nearly seven years. I also have GAD and I feel like my hypochondria makes it much worse than it already is. Do you have hypochondria? If so, what are your coping methods (if any)?

I both have hypochondria, as well as varied medical conditions, so it makes it hard to distinguish so I just never go to the doctors even though there are many things very wrong. I don't really do anything to cope, I just avoid Web MD, and by avoid I mean consult every time anything happens. It's pretty awful.

I both have hypochondria, as well as varied medical conditions, so it makes it hard to distinguish so I just never go to the doctors even though there are many things very wrong. I don't really do anything to cope, I just avoid Web MD, and by avoid I mean consult every time anything happens. It's pretty awful.

Yeah, I think one of the worst parts about it is not knowing whether you should go to the doctor or it's just your anxiety making you feel this way. I also try to avoid looking up my symptoms because everyone recommends that, but I'm bad and do it anyway...

Yeah, I think one of the worst parts about it is not knowing whether you should go to the doctor or it's just your anxiety making you feel this way. I also try to avoid looking up my symptoms because everyone recommends that, but I'm bad and do it anyway...

Also doesn't help when the news is like "everything causes cancer" Cause if I look up a symptom and it says anything remotely connected to cancer I'm just like, RIP, I lived a good life right?

Also doesn't help when the news is like "everything causes cancer" Cause if I look up a symptom and it says anything remotely connected to cancer I'm just like, RIP, I lived a good life right?

That's so true! It seems like every symptom I've looked up is related to at least one type of cancer... I guess that's why everyone tells you to stay away from WebMD.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a hypochondriac :(

I'm sorry to hear that! :^(

That's so true! It seems like every symptom I've looked up is related to at least one type of cancer... I guess that's why everyone tells you to stay away from WebMD.

Truth. It's awful cause I get some minor problem and I look it up, think I am probably going to die, and then get really scared/depressed for like a week, or until the symptoms die down. >.< I really wish I didn't have it. I wrote a big post about it before on here too, cause I do have real problems that I should go to the doctors for but I have major anxiety about going to the doctors because I think they'll tell me I'm dying and I don't want to know so I stay home, and look it up, think its something worse, but then avoid doctors still, and it's just a huge spiral of horribleness.

Truth. It's awful cause I get some minor problem and I look it up, think I am probably going to die, and then get really scared/depressed for like a week, or until the symptoms die down. >.< I really wish I didn't have it. I wrote a big post about it before on here too, cause I do have real problems that I should go to the doctors for but I have major anxiety about going to the doctors because I think they'll tell me I'm dying and I don't want to know so I stay home, and look it up, think its something worse, but then avoid doctors still, and it's just a huge spiral of horribleness.

Yeah! And sometimes when I hear about some horrible illness, I'll start to get symptoms for it (from anxiety) and it terrifies me. I was convinced for a week that I had Ebola during that big Ebola scare last year.

As for going to the doctor, I also get anxious, but mostly I feel the urge to go see the doctor every time I get the slightest ache, pain, or anything.

Back