• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How Tech Savvy are your Parents/Grandparents/etc.?

my grandmother phoned me because she couldnt get her computer to turn on and it turned out it wasnt even plugged in the first place smh

i believe my mom (36) has a degree in business administration, which allows her to get pretty neat jobs with accounting. knowing that, she interacts with microsoft office programs all the time. she uses perfect grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling in her texts/emails. (trust me, that's important)
my dad (35) doesn't know anything about technology, lol. he plays solitaire on his phone. at least he still has his sporty charm.
my grandparents... as young as they are (50's), they are clueless.

my mom asked me how to turn her iphone on silent
I'm the only andriod phone user in my family(笑)

my grandmother phoned me because she couldnt get her computer to turn on and it turned out it wasnt even plugged in the first place smh

this has happened to me so many times except with my great grandparents

my grandmother only knows how to play solitaire on the computer. she also thinks u can find literally anything on the internet like it just appears there.

my mother kind of knows her way around the computer but i wouldnt call her savvy. she types really slowly and thinks the computer can do stuff it cant. she also talks about its functions like theyre brand new

my dad didn't know how to hang up his phone for five years. if the other person doesn't hang up, the phone call never ends. i only recently realized this and showed him where the "hang up" button is. i still don't think he's entirely got it...

My mom works for a company that makes all the websites and prints the bills for a lot of important companies, such as Wells Fargo and Kaiser Permanente. Even will her computer based job I still have to teach her how to do a lot of things on the internet, and instead of typing anything into the actual address bar, she searches google (in the google search bar), then typed the full URL to a website in the search bar, searches, and then clicks the link to get to actual site. I have told her a million times she can just type it in, but she still doesn't. My grandma is pretty awful on the internet and every time I go to her house I have to delete the nearly half a screen's worth of tool bars she has installed on her browser... I've showed her how to do a lot but she forgets easily so I made her like the longest list of bookmarks ever, and shortcuts all over her computer to make it easier for her. Sadly though my mom has been over there teaching her stuff on the computer so I worry for her progress...

*Mom always use andriod for facebook and games hmm computer damn shes slow at typing.
*Dad knows how to use the computer if he did something wrong he'll call me and fix stuff (i.e all programs are not owrking and the icon change into a paper icon thing)
*My grandparents dunno how to use except uhhh nokia 3300 one time when me and Farobi are away my grandpa use Farobi's laptop and keeps touching the screen then he accidentally open his fb account and all chat box are open bwahahaha

I'm pretty much the tech support for the entire family.

This ranges from telling them to "press the X, now you're fine...No, 'google' isn't a virus" to "dear God, you shouldn't be allowed technology! What have you done to this!?"

My parents are kinda tech-savy! They both know how to operate computers and how to build them, but they're pretty much clueless when it comes to smartphones. (Mainly my dad, though. Mom knows how to use her phone, but only like 60% lmao)

My older brother is pretty smart. He knows phones and computers in and out.

My grandparents are very much clueless. My uncle sent my grandfather an iPhone 4 for Christmas last year and it was kinda adorable seeing him slap my grandmother's hand away from the phone because she might break it. :rolleyes:

my dog is very tech savvy and draws pictures on my iPad with her nose

- - - Post Merge - - -

note: by pictures I mean random lines

Back