• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How much flowers is too much?

Underneath The Stars

거기 너 i fancy you
Bells
Tasty Cake
idk you guys i feel pressure now that dreams are coming because my island is kinda overgrown with hybrids 😿 feeling a bit insecure when i watch island tours and i see they manage their space so well with so little flowers

When literally every inch of your island is just flowers. Make paths with flowers!

You could just move them all together and buffer them with cliffs and call it flower valley.

I think too many flowers when you start storing them in places because you don't know what to do with them.

there is no such things as too many flowers :p

2020060213324400-02-CB906-EA538-A35643-C1-E1484-C4-B947-D.jpg

My island is covered and I still haven't found my too many flowers limit! :D

The limit does not exist! :D My rule of thumb is still being able to navigate throughout my island without worrying about sprinting and trampling over flowers.

When literally every inch of your island is just flowers. Make paths with flowers!

You could just move them all together and buffer them with cliffs and call it flower valley.

I think too many flowers when you start storing them in places because you don't know what to do with them.

my paths are generally flower paths, and i was ok with it until i saw several island tours and noticed how they’re able to fit more areas and furniture because they sacrificed by not having too many flowers. maybe i could still keep some of them and then other areas just have less. because some paths have 2 layers of flowers on the side PLUS fencing or bushes.

I've heard flowers cause frame drops when really out of control so I personally try to keep on top of removing any unwanted flowers after rain.

I actually find it calming to patrol my island after it rains to do some clean up. Pretty sure I'm in the minority on this.

If the flowers are arranged in a nice way, I don't think there can be "too many". That said...I have seen people who just have them all over the place in attempts to breed hybrids, and...yeah...that doesn't look too great. Lol. I think you need intentional groupings of colors and patterns in order to avoid looking cluttered.

My island is insanely covered in flowers. I see people decorate their area with only like 5 flowers all scattered around but that's not my style. Plus they breed so easy so I have an abundance.

I've heard flowers cause frame drops when really out of control so I personally try to keep on top of removing any unwanted flowers after rain.

I actually find it calming to patrol my island after it rains to do some clean up. Pretty sure I'm in the minority on this.
I do the same thing. New spawns are removed. Sometimes I swap colors around, since that's fun.

As for too many, that's depends on the person. I don't want it too overgrown around my house, which is forested, but my villager neighborhoods are literally wall-to-wall checkerboards of either tulips or pansies.

I mean I'm decorating my island with a lot of flowers scattered in different areas. I'm going for a more "natural" look though so I can get away with it.
I do have a bunch of extra hybrids just cluttering up one area of my island that I want to remove before I make a dream island though.

Never too many unless you feel as though there are! One trick i learned to keep flowers contained in an area without adding trees/fences/etc. is to create a fully transparent design and put it on the ground around them c: the design keeps them from growing and doesn't change anything!

I feel like it's dependent of which direction you're taking for the design of your island--urban, rural, etc... I've seen beautiful islands covered with fields of flowers and some with not much flowers. In my opinion I did use not much flowers around my island since I wanted to decorate more with custom designs / paths and furniture. Too much flowers for me is when you do not see any future plans of where to put the flowers and just start selling them.

my paths are generally flower paths, and i was ok with it until i saw several island tours and noticed how they’re able to fit more areas and furniture because they sacrificed by not having too many flowers. maybe i could still keep some of them and then other areas just have less. because some paths have 2 layers of flowers on the side PLUS fencing or bushes.

I wasn't talking about a path lined with flowers. I was talking about instead of laying down a path, it's just filled in with white cosmos bracket with flowers of a different type/colors.

Maybe you can use some garden inspo if you think you have too make flowers? You can mix flowers and furniture to make some sort of garden cafe/party area.

the game does lag when a certain area is covered in flowers but honestly it's a small price to pay for a true flowery paradise :)

Flowers are the best i dont think you can have too many if you ask me! They really make an island from ordinary to incredible

At one point most of the unused ground in my town was flowers, and they were spreading onto the paths I like to take. That was the limit for me.

Now I have dug up most of them, and have flower patches in places that are blocked off with furniture, fencing, patterns and/or cliffs to prevent them from multiplying ever again.

So yes, there is a limit for me, and I have enough flowers. :D

I have a giant field and boxed it in with paths and clear custom design. I like have room to run and catch bugs. It's everything I cannot get in the city. :)

I dont mind having a lot of flowers.

Back