How do you deal with anxiety?

Unfortunately, I struggle with this a lot too so I don't have the most clearest answer or solution. It's really, really hard. I will say that I had monumentally worse anxiety before I finally got prescribed something for my ADHD. I went years and years without treating it because firstly, I didn't think I had it and secondly, I was scared that I might get pegged as just someone looking to get access to what ADHD meds usually are (as they can be popular for the wrong reasons). I finally stopped stigmatizing them and got help and for some reason, my anxiety is SO much better now. I guess that it was a side effect of the ADHD and what it did to my brain when untreated. Now obviously this is a very weird random personal case. In fact ADHD meds more often worsen anxiety than relieve it, so I'm not making a recommendation -- but I thought it was interesting that this helped so I thought I'd share it anyway haha.

i dont really.. i just try my best to deep breathe if it happens and remove myself from situations that give me anxiety

I eradicate the issue that is creating the anxiety (have to be careful to find the true root). Either that or I do anything within my means to address it as much as I can. I don’t have baseless anxiety though, I think some people do, so they probably can’t do this. Mine is rooted entirely in reality

Okay I also spend money or look at the thousands of pictures i have of my pug on my phone

Oh yeah I guess I should include that I have not one, but two psychiatrists. I get a whole team

462CB9A3-F897-40D2-AEE0-03415B4DE927.jpeg
Post automatically merged:

seroquel and citalopram
yo **** citalopram

Last edited:
There are a few things that work for me. A creative outlet, prayer, video games, movies, music, quiet time, and cut down on sugar. You will have to find what works for you. Some people get bothered by too much caffeine. Some find relief by exercising.
I would look for support. Like a forum site that is for anxiety. A therapist is a good idea if this is something that happens alot. Medication is sometimes needed and is ok. Reading about anxiety and coping mechanisms can be helpful. Especially if you get panic attacks or anxiousness frequently.

Usually i just talk to people. I dont have to tell them what's up, it's enough for me to hang out or have a conversation about anything, maybe play a game with them to take my mind off things. Telling someone about all of my worries and fears just makes me feel worse in the end. I also listen to music or stim by cracking my knuckles and other parts of the body. The idea of meditating is torture it is important for me to start wiggling around

For a more hands-on method i should be taking SSRIs but i am lazy and dumb and forget to take them in the morning

Since the 2.0 update, I have been playing Animal Crossing when I’m anxious (if I’m able to at the time) and it’s helpful. There are more little tasks I can give myself in-game to busy myself and focus on something. This is in conjunction with medication, not independent of it. But it’s helpful.

Lol, how do I deal with anxiety?
I don’t. It engulfs me & rips me apart every day.

I eradicate the issue that is creating the anxiety (have to be careful to find the true root). Either that or I do anything within my means to address it as much as I can. I don’t have baseless anxiety though, I think some people do, so they probably can’t do this. Mine is rooted entirely in reality

Okay I also spend money or look at the thousands of pictures i have of my pug on my phone

Oh yeah I guess I should include that I have not one, but two psychiatrists. I get a whole team

yo **** citalopram

PREACH, **** citalopram. And sertraline!

I suffer from desyncronizaton/derealonizaion disorder which is brought on by my anxiety, I use somthing called rescue remedy when I know I am going to be in a stressful situation that my anxiety will kick off, it's a herbal thing that you can take whenever an however many times needed, it's the spray one I get but they have gummies or drops as well, I also took some cbt which I can't recommend enough, counselling just didn't work for me, probably because she was a c** but I then got referred for cbt an it made a difference but it was a slow one, nothing like that will ever be quick, looking back onto what I was like till now I have definitely come a long way, also the 54321 helps me if I feel like am getting stressed
5 things you can see
4 things you can hear
3 things you can smell
2 things you can touch
1 thing you can taste

Your brain can't focus on two things at once so distracting it by doing somthing or thinking of something can help calm you, also I was tought that if your breathing starts to go to imagine there's a candle in front of you an when you take a deep breath you let it out slowly that you wouldn't blow the candle out, just slowing your breathing can also stop the anxiety from over taking you

Back