• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

How do we make hybrids? Purposefully...

Nathalie0528

Bells
I have a bunch of hybrids, but they've all come in my town randomly.

I've got like two of each - blue roses, black roses, black lilies, pink lilies, pink tulips, pink roses, orange roses, orange cosmos, pink cosmos, purple roses from my mom on Valentine's Day, red and black thingy-magiggys whatever... but anyway, just like a few hybrids and for the life of me I have no idea how to make a bunch of one hybrid. For instance, I want a bunch of blue roses/lillies.

Can anyone help? How do you all make hybrids? What are your tips? Looking for a bunch of different responses, I feel like the more advice, the better. I'm clearly not intuitively getting it myself.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of hybrids, but they've all come in my town randomly.

I've got like two of each - blue roses, black roses, black lilies, pink lilies, pink tulips, pink roses, orange roses, orange cosmos, pink cosmos, purple roses from my mom on Valentine's Day, red and black thingy-magiggys whatever... but anyway, just like a few hybrids and for the life of me I have no idea how to make a bunch of one hybrid. For instance, I want a bunch of blue roses/lillies.

Can anyone help? How do you all make hybrids? What are your tips? Looking for a bunch of different responses, I feel like the more advice, the better. I'm clearly not intuitively getting it myself.

Plant them by each other and water every day. Here's my black roses so far, I started with 5.
UIfmg5e.jpg

I think the key is to leave enough space for a hybrid to grow. For the longest time I had all my flowers grouped together and no room for any hybrids. I'm pretty sure there needs to be empty space for a new flower to bloom.
Also water them as often as you can, preferably with a gold watering can if possible.

Alright! How does that work if I only have one of a certain hybrid though?

Also - how can I use Jacob's Ladders to help create hybrids? I have a few of those too, and I think I've heard of being able to use those before. I could be wrong, though?

You could plant the flowers on the beach to protect them from villagers that move in and the beautiful town ordinance helps because the flowers won?t wilt. Only water the flowers you want hybrisd from.

Back