• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How difficult is it to get villager pictures?

Same here. Playing since Easter and never had a photo. Suddenly I got three in two weeks. Strange. The one villager who is so in love with my character just won't give me a photo! I don't know how I'm going to get it!

Alot of it is just luck, the percentage chance each time you gift is very low! Bangle was one of the last of my villagers at high enough level to give me her photo, even though she is my original peppy. Make sure you are following the gifting guides, which have changed a couple times since the game came out. I had a spell of getting no pictures for a month, and it turned out i had missed that giving one wrapped fruit no longer works. After i started gifting the right kind of gifts I got 5-6 pictures in one week (they were all just waiting to give me their pictures once i got my act together i guess). Things like giving clothes don't get you the photos, and I don't think sending letters does anything either. yuecrossing's guide, which someone mentioned above is great, and @Sharksheep is an expert at this stuff.

I used to gift every day before the new update. That gave me 6ish villager pictures. Since this, I've sort of stopped gifting and haven't earned one since. It's pretty tough imo. Good luck!

It seems like its really just bad pulls at RNG when this happens :(
I have been having similar problems as well!

Back