Voodoo Doll
森
の
う
ぶ
つ
ど
Hello!

I'm looking for some opinions regarding raffles/giveaways! (hope this is the right place >-<)
If you could fill out the following and give me your thoughts/opinions, I'd really help me out since I'm planning some raffle/giveaway events! :D

Note: These questions are regarding raffles/giveaways dealing with items/sets, not villagers.

Regarding raffles:

1. Out of the following, which would you feel the ideal amount of people in a raffle would be? 10~20/30~50/80+/Other (please explain)
2. If you were to participate in a raffle, would you find interacting with the other participants would make the raffle more fun? It would be more fun/It wouldn't make a difference
3. How long would you like a raffle to be open before the winners are announced? Less than one hour/One hour/Several hours/One day/Several days

Regarding giveaways:

1. Do you find timezone to be an issue for giveaways/raffles? Yes/No
2. What time of day suits best for a giveaway/raffle for you? Morning/Afternoon/Night/Midnight~after
3. What's your time-zone (if you're comfortable sharing this would help me a lot!)?
4. Do you mind being queued in a group, and waiting for your turn in a giveaway? Yes/No/It depends on my schedule/Other (please explain)
5. Are you interested in event giveaways (an experience), or receiving items only?
6. What's your favorite style giveaway you've participated in so far?
7. What things would you like to see given away in the future?

Thanks so much for looking, and if you have the time to answer these it'd really help me a lot!
If you don't understand something, please ask or put it in your post, and Ill try and get back to you!

Last edited:
Regarding raffles:

1. I think raffles are more fun with less people because obviously if your entering a raffle you want to win the items.
2. 20/30 seems like a reasonable amount
3. It would be more fun to interact :]
4. Yes because then you wouldn't care about losing because the prizes would go to someone deserving/nice
5. If I won items that I already owned/did not want I would definitely give them away ^^
6. several hours

Regarding giveaways:

1. No (I'm online/awake a lot)
2. Afternoon or night
3. EST
4. I don't mind as long as the creator of the giveaway communicates well with the contestants. There have been several occasions where I have waited in a thread for someone constantly refreshing to see if it is my turn to come to the giveaway. And then I find out they are making a thread asking people to hang out or selling things. Pretty much as long as it doesn't waste my time.
5. Both are good. Events are nice cuz socializing but I think receiving items is probably best because it is quicker and you will be able to give to more people.
6. Im not sure, basically all of the ones I have participated in are "Hey come over, Ive got stuff" sorta things. I would really like to see more writing/drawing/etc contests tho :3
7. Artwork, furniture sets, DLC's, Hybrids.

Last edited:
Thanks for you help and feedback! I edited out some unnecessary questions since your answers were right on. xD

Last edited:
Regarding raffles:

1. Probably 20-40. I agree with the above post~ It's not fun if the chance of you winning is low. You might as well not join if your chance is only 2%. ;^;
2. Interacting with others would be fun!
3. I would like a raffle to be open several hours to one day at the most. One hour is too short, and everyone has different time zones. Probably one day would be the most to leave a raffle open.

Regarding giveaways:

1. Yes, it can be.
2. Afternoon but I can be wrong, since everyones schedule varies. High amounts I knotice were during the weekends for obvious reasons. xD
3. PST c:
4. I wouldn't mind being in a group, it feels more organized. The only con to this is that someone may drop out/go offline and you have to move one person into the group. Then they'll get upset and what not next time they are online.
5. Event giveaways seem more fun ^-^ I like to see new ideas for giveaways.
6. My favorite style of giveaway would be actually going to someones town and hunting for items. But this could be a problem for some people. My second favorite style of giveaway is guessing games (I prefer hosting them lol)~
7. Hm.. probably any full sets. Popular sets such as sloppy, zodiac, DLC's. Those are what mostly catch peoples attention in my opinion.

Good luck on your plotting for a giveaway! <3

Regarding raffles:

1. Out of the following, which would you feel the ideal amount of people in a raffle would be? 10~20/30~50/80+/Other (please explain)? I'd say 30-50! So more people have a chance participate. Due to everyone's different timezones, having a give-away with more numbers is really helpful !~
2. If you were to participate in a raffle, would you find interacting with the other participants would make the raffle more fun? It would be more fun/It wouldn't make a difference. I think it would be more fun as you get to interact with other players and such! but i'd prefer to do it alone since it's quicker and easier that way, and the give-away gets done faster!~ :3
3. How long would you like a raffle to be open before the winners are announced? Less than one hour/One hour/Several hours/One day/Several days. I would say 3 days max. That would be enough time for people from different timezones to participate! c:

Regarding giveaways:

1. Do you find timezone to be an issue for giveaways/raffles? Yes/No
Yes! ;-; The time-zone differences makes it difficult for other people to participate as they may be asleep by the time it starts and by the time it ends, it's probably already morning for them ! D: I had issues like this before when trying to enter give-aways so I always mainly have to stay up to 4am or something like that.. >.<
2. What time of day suits best for a giveaway/raffle for you? Morning/Afternoon/Night/Midnight~after Night! Not sure why though haha c:
3. What's your time-zone (if you're comfortable sharing this would help me a lot!)? My timezone is UTC+11. I live in Australia. XD
4. Do you mind being queued in a group, and waiting for your turn in a giveaway? Yes/No/It depends on my schedule/Other (please explain) It depends on my schedule. If i'm free during that time I would just enter witht he group, if i'm not, i'll just ask to be move to the last group so I can come back to enter later c:
5. Are you interested in event giveaways (an experience), or receiving items only? I'm interested in the event give-aways! the experience is super fun and of course the presents are loveable! x
6. What's your favorite style giveaway you've participated in so far? One time, I entered an Ankha villager give-away where the person holding the give-away put pitfalls all over their town and 3 people had to wait the the train station and when they said "GOOO" you had to run to the villager's house and whoever gets in first gets to ask Ankha to move into their town. It was super smart and fun! I didn't win though :c

Regarding raffles:

1. Out of the following, which would you feel the ideal amount of people in a raffle would be? 10~20/30~50/80+/Other (please explain) 10 or 20, having more chance in a raffle makes it more exciting

2. If you were to participate in a raffle, would you find interacting with the other participants would make the raffle more fun? It would be more fun/It wouldn't make a difference It would be fun!

3. How long would you like a raffle to be open before the winners are announced? Less than one hour/One hour/Several hours/One day/Several days one day to give every timezone a chance to enter

Regarding giveaways:

1. Do you find timezone to be an issue for giveaways/raffles? yes
2. What time of day suits best for a giveaway/raffle for you? Morning/Afternoon/Night/Midnight~after evening
3. What's your time-zone (if you're comfortable sharing this would help me a lot!)? GMT +1
4. Do you mind being queued in a group, and waiting for your turn in a giveaway? Yes/No/It depends on my schedule/Other (please explain) It depends on my schedule but usually I don't mind
5. Are you interested in event giveaways (an experience), or receiving items only? both! events are fun too
6. What's your favorite style giveaway you've participated in so far? Dig up/search for items or some sort of contest
7. What things would you like to see given away in the future? DLC, furniture, fertilizer, clothing, sets, island things (wetsuits for example)

Thanks for the feedback!
Your answers are fun to read and helpful :blush:

dreamysnowx your last answer made me laugh xD I actually saw that event and really wanted to join but I'm GMT +9 so?yeah xD
That's also why I always see you online at the same time as me xD
By the way, you're the one that got me interested in starting giveaways (yours was the first I had won, and after that decided I wanted to host my own, now I'm thinking of doing more!) so thank you :blush:

Back