• Modern (Eastern/Asian)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Both/Mix

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Argo

No, not the cornstarch
Bells
I just want some advice before I set some things into stone for my town. So originally I was gonna have a European Castle for the mayor?s house, and make the first room (when you walked in) fancy with some additional food items (I have a food theme town, but you probably already knew that). But recently, I thought of the idea of making my house a Zen Castle, and having the first floor correspond with that. Please help me decide with this, as the mayor?s house has a huge influence on what my town will be inspired by. I was gonna make it more modern but westernized, however I want to take my other idea into consideration (making the town modern, but more like what you see in Tokyo or Seoul). I could also try to mix the two themes, although it sounds like a extremely daunting task.

tl;dr? pls vote on the poll :)

Last edited:
At first brush, I want to say that I would be more interested to see how you'd develop a Western castle town, because I haven't seen too much of this in my travels. Zen towns, while soothing and classically pretty, are pretty common. Granted, that's probably because there's a lot of PWPs, furniture and exteriors to allow that. I'm longing to see someone attempt a medieval or Euro-inspired burg, but I'm worried it might be a little limiting considering PWPs.

A modern Tokyo/Seoul town could be cool to see too, and from personal experience building a city town was a lot of fun and felt totally different from my approaches in the past.

At first brush, I want to say that I would be more interested to see how you'd develop a Western castle town, because I haven't seen too much of this in my travels. Zen towns, while soothing and classically pretty, are pretty common. Granted, that's probably because there's a lot of PWPs, furniture and exteriors to allow that. I'm longing to see someone attempt a medieval or Euro-inspired burg, but I'm worried it might be a little limiting considering PWPs.

A modern Tokyo/Seoul town could be cool to see too, and from personal experience building a city town was a lot of fun and felt totally different from my approaches in the past.

If I were to make a modern westernized town, I’d probably make it look similar to Paris or London. I’d still make it food related tho, but my food theme town is more like a little village/bistro

Edit: Do you think it would be ok to have a wooden bridge in my town?

Last edited:
If I were to make a modern westernized town, I’d probably make it look similar to Paris or London. I’d still make it food related tho, but my food theme town is more like a little village/bistro

For the Western theme? I think that would be fine, though personally I'd lean towards a brick or cobblestone one. Wooden bridges are so pretty though!

That’s a really good idea! I’m sure when your town is done it will turn out very nice

I agree with Colette, a western castle town sounds much unique and I’d personally be super interested to see that!

I feel like most people do the Eastern theme. A more European style would be cooler.

Back