• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Have you ever reset your town?

Have you ever reset your town?

• Yes

Votes: 61 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 28.2%

• Total voters

Lavamaize

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Perfect Apple
New Leaf Token
Perfect Cherry
Pink Balloon
I have never reset my town, because I would be upset to loose all my progress. What about you?

I have. And currently planning to for my oldest town.
I love the feel when you start from scratch and grinding over everything on my own.
Just the thing every time is, villagers. I would feel horrible eliminating them like nothing. So that's what makes me hesitant and likely to give up resetting most of the time.

I have. Hundreds of times. Especially if you're an avid player, once you reach the limit of no return its always nice to start from scratch, a feeling you havent experience for quite a while. I also like having a new layout, house spot, native fruit, and villagers

No, I've never reset and don't think that I ever would unless I was very early on in my town and realized it just wasn't working. Otherwise, I'm too attached to my villagers, my own player characters and the town itself to reset. When I wanted to start a new town and try something different, I just bought a second cartridge.

Multiple times- I actually /just/ finished moving items so I can reset one of mine later today xD I do feel a little bad... but, I also want to focus on... while I’m going to be incredibly picky until I get the perfect map, and I will bring in an axe to get trees down for layout planning, I want to actually take it day by day this time around & not rush things. Have a layout I can work with & turn into my ideal vision, but... one day. Not like speeding through within a month.

Multiple times, but I've only regretted resetting one town.
I just like that I can try out new ideas and layouts every time that I do.
I've never repeated the same theme with any one of my towns. I had reset a town last night!

I deleted my original New Leaf town years ago and remade it, both because it was full of villagers I didn't particularly want and because I didn't really like the town name after a while. I would say no regrets, but the map in this specific town is really kind of bad. In my haste to find a town with Lucky and Ankha as starting villagers and because I wasn't all that informed back then, I opted for villagers I liked instead of the more important stuff. Regardless, it's workable, and I'd say it worked out more for the better than for the worse.

Would I do so now though? No. I humored the idea of making another town to adopt more villagers who I like but who didn't fit in the towns I currently have, but apparently the amiibo maker I was going to buy from stopped making them a few months ago. Guess I'll just wait for New Horizons.

I've never done it before...yet

But i don't think i will ever reset my town because my hard work will be wasted all this time

I reset my old town of many years when I was no longer having fun with it. Coming to that decision was not fun and it felt awful deleting it at the time, but I do not regret that decision today. Only wish I'd taken more photos of the old town.

After that I had a couple towns, each only lasting about a week. One of them was named Lotus and it had some potential, but I ended up having another idea come to me. I don't remember what the others were called and they probably weren't important.

Before I finally deleted my town, I got it valued by Tom Nook (he offered me a crap load for it too!) in the "sell your town" option after selecting recreate (I think that's what it says).

I almost went through with it, but just couldn't at that point in time.

Way to often. Can't even tell how many towns I had over the time since I started playing New Leaf back in 2013. At a certain point, I had big issues to keep a town for longer than just a few days or a week, as I always thought I could find a town which is better than the current one I had or I found something about my current town which bothers me too much to keep it any longer. I will definitely watch out to not do the same mistake with New Horizons, as I just wasted so much time with that resetting madness in NL, don't wanna repeat this in a new AC game for sure.

Yeah, many times because I'm a perfectionist and wanted everything to be spotless. I wish that I had kept my original town, once New Horizons comes out I'm going to stick with the same town from day one

Honestly... I'm WAAY too scared to reset my town. Like, after so many hours of work to make my town look the way I want it to look... and made relationships with my villagers... I'm like... naah man.
I remembered deleting my save file for Tomodachi Life a few years back and I regretted it so much! And since I've spend doubled the amount of hours in New Leaf... I'm gonna pass on resetting it :p

I've restarted both my games. I restarted my first original town after Welcome Amiibo came out because I wanted a fresh start. I reset my second game a couple times because I was working on themed or challenge towns that never really worked out. But since those resets I've settled on my two perfect towns and I would never reset them again! I just got to finish my second town somehow when I'm not lazy.

Yes. I have done that with lots time when I played Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The reason why I start over the towns that I've had is usually because of boredom. I always felt like resetting my town was the best option to do whenever I have nothing to do in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Currently... I still have my newest town that I have made a long time ago and just stopped playing Animal Crossing due to playing Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns.

I just restarted my old town a couple days ago! Usually I restart after not playing for a while and the first week or so is usually the most fun part of the game for me personally. c:

Yes, I've done a couple of times before. I was very picky with map layouts and sometimes starting villagers so yeah. Wish they had better options for the rng and not all these crappy bends lol

Back