• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

have you ever accidentally gotten a dreamie through pure luck?

Recently after i let one of my old villagers move away i was searching and after 3 separate nookmile islands i found Tia, i was not expecting to find her at all! She is now on my island with my other amazing dreamies Ankha and my beloved coco :love:

Yes! I found Kiki at my campsite a couple months ago! She's the only dreamie I've found through it, and I've had the game since launch.

Yes. Raymond was my second camper. I had just recently been talking to my friend about him and we were both saying we wanted him but there was no way because he was so popular. I was so shocked to find him in my campsite. Then there was Molly. I loved her in nl and wanted her on my nh island too. I went island hopping with zero expectations and found her very quickly. For some reason all the islands had rain that day so she was walking around in her cute little raincoat. I couldn’t believe my luck. The third was Cherry. My friend had her and was going to give her to me
but the timing just didn’t work out. So then Cobb moved and I didn’t get a new villager to replace him. The next day I checked the plot to see who my random move in was and it was Cherry, the same Cherry my friend let leave. The void did me a favor for once.

Started a new island last month and dreading first campsite visitor. Turned out to be Julian! Have been very lucky with this island.

My definition of 'dreamie' is pretty loose but, yes, three times!

First was Aurora, who I loved having around way back in New Leaf. When my island was new, I went island hopping with only a handful of tickets, and I'm pretty sure she was among the first 3 villagers I saw, if not the first.

Both Hornsby and Eloise were villagers I first saw on other islands and instantly really liked. Both showed up in my campsite only a few weeks after I first saw them. Like Aurora, they both are still on my island now. :D

Yep, I got Ankha in my campsite very early on in the game.

And I got Raymond with only 1 nook mile ticket -it was the very first day of the swimming update and my intention of going to a mystery island was to swim in hopes of getting different sea creatures and I happened to have an empty plot; couldn't find any new sea creatures but ended up finding the most sought after villager in the game lol

Queue in me, during March of 2020, having no clue of what I was doing. Before I even got to the point of placing down the three plots for the starter normal, peppy and lazy, I decided to use a Nook Miles ticket because I was curious.

And then my jaw hit the floor as I walked up the island and I saw Skye, just standing there. The way she was the first villager I ever encountered on a mystery island is a stark contrast to me spending nearly a year navigating this forum trying to find her back in New Leaf lol. She is absolutely never leaving me, even though girl didn't give me her picture until this week.

ET4-YSNU0AAk77S

I got this guy as my first camper.He wasn't actually a "dreamie"at the time but he's become one of my favorite villagers.

Cole!! I was planning to have him on my island but didn't think I'd get him for a while. I loaded up my game last week and he was at my campsite. D: D: D:

I recently reset my island and I've ran into Skye, Audie, Fauna, Kyle AND Zell on Mystery Tours. I also got Freya from my campsite.

My luck with villagers on this island has been pretty insane.

Audie was the forced peppy villager that moved into my island when I started it. I was so happy when I saw her name on the move in sign because I really wanted her and was dreading the amount of saving I'd have to do to try and get her on the forums. Of course this does have the downside of her being in the default peppy house permanently. My best friend and I could never really get our islands to line up with someone moving out and Audie moving out and now my friend has all the villagers she wants so oh well.

And while not a dreamie for me, I did get Raymond as my forced camper so I kept him for a while then gave him away to my best friend.

yes! i’ve encountered most of my obtained dreamies through island hopping (which is pretty lucky imo), but my luckiest incident was definitely when i had audie as a random camper! i had plenty of dreamies when the game first came out, but audie was the one villager that i really wanted — i was absolutely obsessed with her lol. i wasn’t in any rush to get her, especially since i wanted to find her on my own, but man i wanted her so badly.

and thankfully, i didn’t have to wait long for her. :’)

i loaded up my game one morning after having a bit of a rough night, and isabelle informed me that i had a camper. i jokingly said to myself “lol what if it’s audie” as i always did whenever i had a camper, and well... it was lmao.

DA03ACD1-8001-4E97-920B-880CE541F5E3.jpeg

i literally stared at her with my jaw on the floor for like,, 10 minutes before actually talking to her LOL, but that moment of happiness will always stay with me, and still means a lot to me over a year later. 🧡

So when New Horizons first released, the first camping villager that's supposed to be Smug 100% was Raymond for me. I think he was my 3rd villager to move in? I felt pretty damn lucky that I got him and so early on to boot. With how much hype there was surrounding him, there was no way I would of been able to afford him otherwise. I've kept him on my island ever since.

I was island hopping after a random villager asked to leave. I was island hopping for maybe an hour and was almost going to give up (as it normally goes) and I saw that derpy purple face. I almost got emotional 😂 I had been telling my boyfriend about this cat named Bob that I had loved since I was a kid. And there he was! It was great. 😊

I got Boots, Molly and Stitches from my campsite - was super happy! Though I then spent hundreds and hundreds of tickets trying to get Flora and Freya so it all balances out I guess

I usually don't try hard, but I feel that I got pretty lucky overall. :blush:

Marshal was my first camper and while I had never really understood the hype about him in New Leaf (I found him cute, but that was all), he quickly grew on me. Julia (whom I've always been curious about) was another campsite find. All my other villagers came from mystery islands. I never thought I'd find Penelope (wanted to meet her again after I had her in my 2nd town in New Leaf), Lobo (we go wayyy back, one of my favorite villagers in the GameCube version) and Molly (someone I always wanted and that one time she showed up in my New Leaf campsite, I didn't have room) there. Drago, Reneigh and Lolly were villagers I had to invite after bumping into them. :blush:

best feeling ever!!

Erik also showed up at my campsite out of pure luck, the way my heart stopped when I saw him... 😍

I got lucky back when I first started and got Audie and Raymond pretty much instantly and without any effort. I was happy about that for a loooong time, but recently let both go because I was changing my whole island.

Back when I was trying to fill the last of my island plots shortly after the game launched, I ended up finding Katt with the very first NMT I used after placing the plot. I haven't had anywhere near that kind of luck on that island since. I also chanced upon Rizzo on my secondary island in the same situation (filling a newly placed plot). Even though I didn't want any of the same villagers between the two islands, I couldn't just leave him there.

Back