• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

If you gave a villager a house with two rooms, and decide to remake the whole thing/make a new house/whatever the option is called in the english version to get rid of the theme, you can actually give them 3 rooms... Two on the first floor and either a second floor or a basement. And no, you can't adjust the size of the room, which sucks but oh well

That's what I heard and was trying to remember. Thank you! :)

Can anyone tell me how to redesign a building in town? I think I've unlocked them all but Isabelle doesn't give me the option to remodel when I talk to her.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, when you redesign a villager's house can you change the plot/season or are you stuck with the first one you pick?

Can anyone tell me how to redesign a building in town? I think I've unlocked them all but Isabelle doesn't give me the option to remodel when I talk to her.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, when you redesign a villager's house can you change the plot/season or are you stuck with the first one you pick?

Digby is the one that gives you the option of remodeling public buildings, and you can't remodel them until Digby is on the first floor. I think he'll move floors either when you make all the buildings or after you make a certain amount, I forgot.

And for your second question, you can change the plot and season, just go yo the villager house, talk to it and select the second option and you'll be back in the office to select the new plot and house size.

Last edited:

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) after you build all the facilities (hospital, school, cafe, shop) Isabelle will talk to or you talk to her (don't remember this part) on the 2nd day, not the following day (because she won't be there) and she will talk about the new facilities and how digby will now be in charge of remodeling the buildings.

Hi! I have a Japanese HHD with 7/11 DLC downloaded and now I'd like to transfer some furniture from this set to my European copy of the game. Is it possible to do using amiibo cards? And if it is, how to do it? Thanks!

Hi! I have a Japanese HHD with 7/11 DLC downloaded and now I'd like to transfer some furniture from this set to my European copy of the game. Is it possible to do using amiibo cards? And if it is, how to do it? Thanks!

Hi there! Mod Justin put up a little article about this on Animal Crossing World a few months ago (translated by mirukushake). Basically, you use an amiibo card to invite a character over to a villager's house in your Japanese game who's got the furniture you want in their home, then read the same card into your English game. Let us know if it works!!

Hi there! Mod Justin put up a little article about this on Animal Crossing World a few months ago (translated by mirukushake). Basically, you use an amiibo card to invite a character over to a villager's house in your Japanese game who's got the furniture you want in their home, then read the same card into your English game. Let us know if it works!!
I saw it and tried several times but it doesn't work. Hope somebody will share their experience about trading items between the games

I saw it and tried several times but it doesn't work. Hope somebody will share their experience about trading items between the games

Invite the villager to the house where you want to read the furniture. Then tap the amiibo card icon again and just lay the card there until it finishes reading. Then when you go to the new game, call that villager on the amiibo phone. When you do their house, all of the items will go to your catalog.

I was wondering if there's more then one page in the guidebook on the desk, and also how do I unlock bigger floor plans? I got the option once and never again. :confused:

I was wondering if there's more then one page in the guidebook on the desk, and also how do I unlock bigger floor plans? I got the option once and never again. :confused:

There's only one page in the guidebook. I'm not sure if when I worked on Jay's room triggered for it to appear on the guidebook or not, but I did all the guidelines and went outside and worked on Jay's room which was a different floor dimension since his theme was bowling. Afterwards when I went back the lesson "Choosing a Layout" appeared which expands and adds additional rooms.

While I do know that you can remodel facilities when Digby's on the first floor, can you remodel a villagers home? And if so, when and how?

Last edited:
While I do know that you can remodel facilities when Digby's on the first floor, can you remodel a villagers home? And if so, when and how?

Yes. I think it's not something you have to unlock but if you did it would be in the handbook and you remake/remodel by visiting a villager after finishing their home and talking to them.

When can we redesign official buildings like the school and such? I wish I had waited to unlock refurbishing options before I did them.

And is it possible to dress up in the animals houses? I've seen pictures of people wearing stuff other than the HH Shirt.

When can we redesign official buildings like the school and such? I wish I had waited to unlock refurbishing options before I did them.

And is it possible to dress up in the animals houses? I've seen pictures of people wearing stuff other than the HH Shirt.

You can redesign buildings after you finish the first set of buildings. I think it unlocked after I did the school the second time. You talk to digby to redesign them.

You can dress up animals whenever you're visiting their home or building. Drag them onto the clothes that pop up when you pick them up.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a frequently asked question, but I'll ask anyway: does anyone know which characters unlock the Kintaro wig and the duck beak? Thank you!

Hey there! You can get the Kintaro wig from Kabuki or Nan. (Nan also has the set of zodiac animals, no idea what else Kabuki has.)

Which animals unlock the box sofa, box corner sofa, and display stand? I am hoping to use them ASAP.

i'm still not really clear on how i can remodel a villlagers house that i already decorated. i'm not seeing anything in the handbook about unlocking it and i've tried talking to the villagers in their houses.

edit: never mind, i just realised i was always visiting them at the end of each day, visited them at the start and the dialogue came up

Last edited:
Hey Snow, gracias! You know I can't do without my sweet, sweet wig.

Also, thanks to Celtichood and KitchenWhisk for answering my beak query. I have since obtained the beak from Scoot.

Back