• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Gyroids question

Bells
Hi, peeps! :D

I have a question, has anyone ever completed a gyroids collection? XD
I am keeping track of the ones I dig up, but I'm stuck! I always find ones I already found before...

So, is there anyone who can say they found them all? :D

I have them all stored in my museum. You'll probably have to trade with other people though because the odds of you finding them all by yourself are very small. Most people don't even want them, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty convincing people to sell them to you. If you are looking for some, I have a lot of extras (about 30 to 40 I think) which I would be happy to give you for free.

No, I haven't completed a full gyroid set, although I'm in the process of collecting one now. But... since my town is being cleaned out, I'm actually planning on selling or giving away them all and restarting my collection, just because. So if you ever need any, just send me a VM/PM and I'd be happy to share some!

As a side note, I do know a few people on here who have completed full gyroid sets, so it's definitely not impossible. Just really really difficult without assistance.

Oh, I see!
So on my own would be very difficult/impossible! I actually thought about soft-resetting to see if I could find some different ones, but it's too much on an hassle! XD

Red Cat, I am having a little trouble with connecting to other people's towns, but as soon as I get it fixed I might take you on on your offer! :D Thank you so much!!

It's just too bad gyroids only really have one use that's not even useful. It'd be cool if we could have them be a museum display like fossils and stuff.

It's just too bad gyroids only really have one use that's not even useful. It'd be cool if we could have them be a museum display like fossils and stuff.

Most furniture doesn't have any real "use" except to decorate your house. I don't think gyroids were intended to be a collectible thing. They are just there to decorate your house with. It would have been nice though if gyroids were in rhythm with the music playing in the room like in the previous AC games. I also think you could have more than 4 gyroids going at once too, so you could actually make some cool beats with gyroids. Now they are kind of boring since they follow a set rhytym regardless of the music and you can have only four on at once. Some people still like them as decorations though and they make some fun noises which is nice for rooms without music playing.

No I haven't completed it yet but I'm not planning to keep them. I use the catalogue to keep track of how much and what hydroids I have. They aren't orderable by the way ◕ ◡ ◕.

Someone once let me catalog their completely collection so yes someone out there has completed them. Don't know what he did with them afterwards. I think he was just trying to help people complete their catalog. I personally aren't too fond of them. They scared me as a kid.

does anybody know if there is a resource out there with the gyroid images and their sound samples??

does anybody know if there is a resource out there with the gyroid images and their sound samples??

You can find all of the images on moridb.com. I'm not sure where you can find the sounds. I have all of the gyroids in my museum if you want to take a look (I don't know whether you can turn them on or off, but if you can, then you can come to my town and listen to them).

I almost have all the gyroids. I only need the mini freakoid and the four brewstoids and I'll have them all. I found all of them myself, too.

I almost have all the gyroids. I only need the mini freakoid and the four brewstoids and I'll have them all. I found all of them myself, too.

That's incredible! Congratulations!!

Yeah, I know they have little to no use, but I find some of them cute :3 Like the lullaboids, for example! A couple of them in a room could help create some sort of atmosphere, I think :)

Back