• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Greetings from Searenity Isle

Lillith

Bells
Hi everyone and Happy Holidays. I'm brand spanking new here, also new to console gaming as well. :) Bought myself a switch lite for Christmas and been in ACNH for about 4 days now. I'm loving my island so far. I'm finding lots of fossils for Blathers and cashing in on Bells from gathering and such.
My biggest questions is What is the biggest thing you wish you knew when your first started playing?
In addition, I was hoping someone can direct me to a good site/thread that may help a first time player.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Lilith, welcome to the forums!! I hope you're enjoying your fresh island - I miss those early days!
To be honest, I'm glad I went into the game relatively blind and I don't wish I knew anything about it as it made going through the tutorial phase a lot more enjoyable to me. Sometimes when you expose yourself to tricks and such it can dull down the experience... at least, that's my opinion!

Animal Crossing: New Horizons board is for general discussion about the game. The Train Station is where you want to go to WiFi with other players. The Retail board is for buying/trading/and selling items, and the New Neighbour Network is for buying and selling villagers! You can also check out our Island Journals board to see what other players are up to on their islands and to document your own adventures about your Island! Hope you have fun here and let me know if you have any questions :)

Welcome to the forums and animal crossing! This is one of the best internet neighbourhoods around, not too dissimilar to those in the animal crossing games themselves :) I'd 2nd what dizzy said for the most part, going into the beginning blind was a great experience! If anything, I'd just tell you to keep a curious mind, explore, and experiment.

Happy beginnings! ✨🌠

Hey there!

Welcome to the forum and to gaming !!! I got my switch light two weeks after the first quarantine and it has been a wonderful gaming distraction form the disasters from the world, I am loving the game and my island too TBH. Hope you like it here in the forum, there are tons of interesting discussions in different threats but since i see some pp already pointed out where you can go to get acquainted with the forum ill skip that part, the forum is very active and the staff are amazing.

Hm coming to your questions, im not sure what i would have known before buying the game TBH 😅 i guess its more or less what i expected since i played NL when i was a bit younger.

Welcome to TBT and hope you are having a lovely winter holiday :D!

Back