• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasy Life. I was so hyped for it when they announced it, loaded my eshop wallet to buy it day one. Bought it the second it came out, played it for a little while and then stopped. Recently came back to it and I can't force myself to play it anymore. It's just too boring now.

I wish Nintendo would let you do a 1-time only eShop refund, because so far this is the only game I ever regret buying. And I have a LOT of games.

Fantasy Life. I was so hyped for it when they announced it, loaded my eshop wallet to buy it day one. Bought it the second it came out, played it for a little while and then stopped. Recently came back to it and I can't force myself to play it anymore. It's just too boring now.

I wish Nintendo would let you do a 1-time only eShop refund, because so far this is the only game I ever regret buying. And I have a LOT of games.
I was looking into buying Fantasy Life :L

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. For whatever reason, I wasn't as interested in it as I was with X/Y or any of the previous games. It's been quite some time since I purchased it (I preordered it, actually) and I just am not bringing myself to finish it. I have a few badges, but...I just can't do it.

When I first bought SOnic Riders I regretted it. I was terrible at it. Then a few years later I restarted and was suddenly amazing at it, lol!

But the one game I really regretted buying was Lunar Dragon Song. I gave up after about a day of trying to play that game. I love the lunar series and that game is just... ugh. It's NOT a Lunar game in my eyes. In fact, as far as I'm concerned that game doesn't exist. I gave it to my ex. xD

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. For whatever reason, I wasn't as interested in it as I was with X/Y or any of the previous games. It's been quite some time since I purchased it (I preordered it, actually) and I just am not bringing myself to finish it. I have a few badges, but...I just can't do it.

I actually enjoyed it, mainly because it's wasn't one of these new graphics/environments exploitations like XY. And they still have Wonder Trade :)

Am I literally the only one who likes the sixth generation of Pokemon here? To me, it was a whole lot better after the disappointment that was fifth gen.

On that: The one game I regret buying was Pokemon White 2. I had heard so many people overhyping how 'amazing' it was, and how it was apparently the 'best entry in the series'. Just a few days later- I learnt that it was the biggest lie I have heard in my life. It's obscenely boring, and it does little to fix the linear structure of the region. Additionally, the addition of older Pokemon to areas that didn't have them before in the region just felt like they were pandering to those who complained about their absence- Unova felt more unknown and interesting when it was almost entirely filled with new Pokemon and nothing else. Sure, the characters were kind of cool, but otherwise- horrible game, do not play. You aren't missing out.

Probably, I don't know. I just think they failed when they did the "3D" graphics as they did; bugs, added nothing. And the roller blades things were pretty much meh.

As I said, too little story, too much graphics. It's not like it's some heavily obscure game that they need to do all these towns and riding rhyhorns ><

Old but I bought a used Batman arkham city for my 360. So boring. I don't know what I was thinking. I don't even have my 360 anymore. I regret that I ever bought it all those years ago bc I only enjoyed 2 indie games. I think I might have a Katamari game still but that's it. There was literally no point to me owning that console. I finally got a ps3 for free in the summer which I love so much more.

On steam I regret buying Borderlands 2 and more recently this game called Endless Legend which is a civ fantasy clone thingy. I hate the interface and I'm burnt out on that type of game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

after reading through this thread I'm glad I never bought TL or FL. I was really thinking about buying fantasy life. I guess there are other games I'd rather buy. I'm really cheap.

Pokemon X, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Monster hunter 4
For some reason I find pokemon very boring and I don't get the craze at all.
With monster hunter 4, I find it impossible to play with just a normal 3ds, I don't know why I bought it- even when they did say that it is especially for the new 3ds.

FL seems bad so I won't get it lol. As for TL I got some free demo-ish version ("Welcome edition") when I bought the MM New 3ds xl and it's literally even worse than.. idk that ET game

MH4U seems nice and looking into it more in-depth it seems good.

Also yes, the New 3ds consoles does wonders with the camera thing.

Last edited:
Probably, I don't know. I just think they failed when they did the "3D" graphics as they did; bugs, added nothing. And the roller blades things were pretty much meh.

As I said, too little story, too much graphics. It's not like it's some heavily obscure game that they need to do all these towns and riding rhyhorns ><

The only good things about the game was the graphics, pss/wonder trade/amie and clothing. The game felt unfinished. It did not feel like a whole new region whatsoever. Even the towns/cities were meh. Plus the camera angles mixed with the rollerblades made the controls a mess. Such a waste of money.

The only good things about the game was the graphics, pss/wonder trade/amie and clothing. The game felt unfinished. It did not feel like a whole new region whatsoever. Even the towns/cities were meh. Plus the camera angles mixed with the rollerblades made the controls a mess. Such a waste of money.

Wonder trade is so much fun to troll around with, Amie kinda did nothing for me, I got a Ninfia in WT anyways. I hated the graphics and for me it was too much done. Like, yay let's smoosh it with all 3D we can and make hilariously large cities for no good.

Customization was did bad, considering the time you had to spend to get it all, and boring choices.

Yep yep, camera/controls were the worst.

Am I literally the only one who likes the sixth generation of Pokemon here? To me, it was a whole lot better after the disappointment that was fifth gen.

On that: The one game I regret buying was Pokemon White 2. I had heard so many people overhyping how 'amazing' it was, and how it was apparently the 'best entry in the series'. Just a few days later- I learnt that it was the biggest lie I have heard in my life. It's obscenely boring, and it does little to fix the linear structure of the region. Additionally, the addition of older Pokemon to areas that didn't have them before in the region just felt like they were pandering to those who complained about their absence- Unova felt more unknown and interesting when it was almost entirely filled with new Pokemon and nothing else. Sure, the characters were kind of cool, but otherwise- horrible game, do not play. You aren't missing out.

I love Pokemon XY. The rollerblades were the best.

I kind of regret buying Pokemon X, considering how little I played and how long it's been since I've even played it.

Destiny, maybe? I had fun with the game, but the repetitiveness of the missions began to really take its toll after awhile. What really made me quit playing the game though is when they released that DLC with the "upgrade" system that made all of the armor I earned up to that point worthless. Then, if you didn't buy the DLC you were robbed of some of the daily and weekly challenges. I haven't touched it for months.

I kind of regret buying Pokemon X, considering how little I played and how long it's been since I've even played it.

Funny. I've been thinking the same thing about Omega Ruby and White 2 recently - never finished either, and I don't really intend to pick them back up - and that the only "recent" Pokemon game I haven't regretted grabbing was X.

SAME. Then I gave it to my boyfriend, he played hardly at all and then gave up. =/ IDK there wasn't enough story for me? Also I regret buying Rollercoaster Tycoon, I actually asked for it for my b-day but it is like way too complicated, the first real coaster I had to build I couldn't even get it to auto-finish after like 10 tries I gave up and it sits in it's box with all of my other neglected DS/3DS games. ACNL has kind of taken over...

Games I regret buying:
Sims 2 apartment Pets- DS
Mario Party (every single one)
Harvest Moon Island of Happiness-DS (all harvest moon games are boring af)
Sonic mega collection Plus- PS2
Sonic Riders- Ps2

Some pretty old games that I still remember being terrible.

Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts I was so excited for a third that I didn't even think twice about getting it

I've never been so disapointed in my LIFE about a video game jesus it was so awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back