• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomodachi Life. I really enjoyed it for a while, but then it got super repetitive and boring. Also... the Miis of me and my real life husband divorced after having two children. NOT. RIGHT. o-o

Yes... and it's absolutely pitiful. MY character, MEEEE... she wouldn't get back together with my husband Josh. And he was crying and blubbering and having flashbacks. I tried so hard to get them back together, but my own representation of me was being a jerk. Haven't played since. :/

Well for me it was waste of money since you had to play for straight hours on the 2nd because saving in the midst of something was pointless because you had to redo it, and the missions were quite long. I usually don't mind hack and slash/mission games but this was just wtf

I don't know what you mean. Maybe our gameplay was different but the missions were fairly quick but presented the right amount of difficulty.

Yes... and it's absolutely pitiful. MY character, MEEEE... she wouldn't get back together with my husband Josh. And he was crying and blubbering and having flashbacks. I tried so hard to get them back together, but my own representation of me was being a jerk. Haven't played since. :/

owh god this is sad
they'd make a good sit-com though
I'd love to know what happens next

I feel bad for you though, I got hooked up with a guy that later became my bf
Tomodachi Life can predict the future

I bought Tomodachi but to be honest..... it faded. To me, Nintendo had advertised it too much and pretty much lied about it .-.
After watching ONE VIDEO to see how to do something, Nintendo's Girl's Club! It's bad how they are painting certain games such as classics like Mario as 'Boy Games' and pathetic games like 'Barbie's dream B*****s' and 'My Pets' as 'Girl Games' I actually find it somewhat offensive, as I'm a girl gamer myself :/

Annnnnnyway, I went Off topic there! Oh gosh, I bought soooo many pointless games! Like Mensa Academy. (Y BRAIN Y)

I don't know what you mean. Maybe our gameplay was different but the missions were fairly quick but presented the right amount of difficulty.

Yes, but if you save & quit during a longer mission you had to re-do it in the 2nd. Oh well at least the camera and shooting was better

Hometown Story. One of the worst games I've ever played. It was advertised to be like Harvest Moon, but it was nothing like it. There were hardly any tutorials and the characters were super boring. There weren't any events to break up the monotony. You basically do the same thing every day the whole game.

Borderlands pre-seq isn't as good as the others due to the crappy abilities of the characters.

Oh, I know! I was so disappointing you couldn't play as a siren anymore. I was so excited for it, and now I've hardly touched it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do we need a Borderlands thread? I feel I'd go into a tangent about it here.

Yes please. I have so much to say.

Oh god, Civilization III. Even though it was only like $1.50 on Steam, I still regret buying it.

It's good if you're into these games of the old days but it can be a bit annoying so I feel you.

Also some random Steam stuff like The Ball, Lovely Planet, Impire.. yeah

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Chantelise.. got it on Steam because it looked good. Nope even with controller it's one of the worst JRPG's on there

Hometown Story. One of the worst games I've ever played. It was advertised to be like Harvest Moon, but it was nothing like it. There were hardly any tutorials and the characters were super boring. There weren't any events to break up the monotony. You basically do the same thing every day the whole game.

This game shows up so often in this thread lol and as a Harvest Moon fanatic I'm surprised I had never heard about it until I read some people bash it in this thread. But man, that game looks so terrible, I'm sorry you were a victim to it's false pretenses :(

conception II. i'm a huge atlus fan, and i liked the japanese version (but not the translated version lol) of dangan ronpa, so when i heard that it was an atlus/spike chunsoft game i was thrilled. but when i actually got it, it ended up being probably the most disappointing game i've ever played. gameplay was clunky, confusing, and awkward, story and dialogue was UNCOMFORTABLE (the whole plot is to sleep with girls to make magic babies and save the world), and characters were dull and their only point was to look like the waifu-fodder they are. ended up trading it in at gamestop a couple days later. i was so disappointed :(

Haha, I liked the woohoo concept but 7 girls for getting plat no thanks

and the english voices sucks. stop making english only crap dubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back