• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Funny, strange and disturbing Club Tortimer Stories

I had a very similar experience once. There were holes blocking off everywhere when I came off the island. I put the dirt back on a few of the holes ( pressing Y) and someone came over shouting " NO!!!!!" I laughed to myself and flipped the switch.

Aw, but I think if you flip the switch it kicks them off of it too! They had to go start all over again on some other island. lol

I don't mind if people come in and chop most of the trees etc down, because it helps everyone with beetle hunting when there are fewer trees. But some people get mad about it, so I never did that myself. Mostly though, it's not anyone's personal island, so no one should yell at you "no" for doing anything there. I mean they can try to do their thing, but you can also do your thing. Hopefully everyone can be civil...but yeah, let's be realistic. XD

I only really went to Club Tortimer a lot when I first started playing ACNL and was in a rush to get all of the Mermaid items and, naively, looking to make friends. In my experience, nice people are few and far between on there.
I've had countless kids between 8 and 12 telling me I'm "old" (yep, 21 is definitely ancient); countless disconnects when finally finding what I wanted in the shop or after collecting some bugs, and when I've refused to give out my FC to just anyone or give bells. There've also been a lot of people who got angry with me because I didn't speak their language.
My favourites were a Japanese boy chasing me around the island, hitting me with a net and then digging holes around me to block me in while I was fishing; and then getting harassed by a boy who was dropping bananas for me to "blow". Yep.
Now that I've got all the items I want, I don't bother with TC and just stick to my own island. TC isn't worth the hassle, imo.

This reminds me, once I was fishing and this Japanese boy arrived. He ran up to me and the first thing he said was " しね", which means die or something in Japanese. Then he immedietely left.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got there once and someone had dug holes everywhere. Just a bunch of holes, in neat little rows, like every last square that they could have they had dug a hole, no trees, bushes anything. I didn't really know what to do with that, so I just left, but lol, I still wonder why they took the time to do that. I guess if someone was low on bells they might have been annoyed that they wasted 1000 bells to end up on that island with no trees, so maybe that's why the person dug the holes?? IDK, it was kind of amusing to me.

I don't remember if I came home, or if I went on a tour. It's been a loooong time since I've been to CT, but as I recall if you go on a tour and come back you end up on a different island. Or I might have been island hopping anyway, so it wouldn't have bothered me.

I feel like you're talking about me because a few weeks ago I did the exact thing because I got bored and the holes in the shape of the square was my "house".

I feel like you're talking about me because a few weeks ago I did the exact thing because I got bored and the holes in the shape of the square was my "house".

lol, no this was like last year...but I guess people must do it a lot then. XD

Heres a cute story.

I went to ct, and this boy was just leaving.Before he left, he told me to make sure that i go outside.He had made a maze with holes.When i finished the maze, there was a bag of 99k bells at the end.

Another time, this girl had gone on a ton of tours so she could fill the entire island with flowers.It was quite lovely.

Another time, this boy arrived and started giving everyone bags of bells.

This young girl told me i was very nice and she gave me a lucky clover.

One time i told this girl that i liked her outfit.She gave me a pair of ladder shades.I didn't need them, but i could tell that it made her happy for me to take them.

Heres a cute story.

I went to ct, and this boy was just leaving.Before he left, he told me to make sure that i go outside.He had made a maze with holes.When i finished the maze, there was a bag of 99k bells at the end.

Another time, this girl had gone on a ton of tours so she could fill the entire island with flowers.It was quite lovely.

Another time, this boy arrived and started giving everyone bags of bells.

This young girl told me i was very nice and she gave me a lucky clover.

One time i told this girl that i liked her outfit.She gave me a pair of ladder shades.I didn't need them, but i could tell that it made her happy for me to take them.

Aw, usually you hear bad stuff about CT, these were really nice! :)

Here's my story.

I met a guy on CT. When I went there, I stated that I only came for the bush starts and asked if he would like to go on tours so I can grind for medals. He said yes and we went to tours. We went to do Hop-to-it, Shark battle, Labyrinth, and Elite Hide and Seek(I picked that one). Then he asked if I liked smash and I said yes. I then asked for his FC, I typed his FC on the PC while he wrote mine on the pen.He asked if he wants to go on his town and I said yes.

I then went to his town and it's pretty new, I gave him 2 baskets of perfect apples since he just started out and I guess he ate his initial one, he's very happy and his friend suddenly came in to his town but immediately left. I best friended both of them. Then I left so he can go on my town. His trip to my town is very short since he said "gtg being kicked off".

I've never been trolled, yet.

I've actually never had a bad thing happen to me at the island. I always have a good time. EXCEPT. DUH DUH DUH

Once there was this girl there. I was really happy that day, trying to be extra nice since I felt so good, ya know? So I said to her, want some random bells? :D And I was totally surprised by her reply, and a little confused. Then I decided that she must not have understood me. Her reply? "I don't play with beggars". I offered her bells, and I didn't beg her to take them, so yeah. But whatever! I just left and came back to someone else who gladly took my bells and thanked me. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here's my story.

I met a guy on CT. When I went there, I stated that I only came for the bush starts and asked if he would like to go on tours so I can grind for medals. He said yes and we went to tours. We went to do Hop-to-it, Shark battle, Labyrinth, and Elite Hide and Seek(I picked that one). Then he asked if I liked smash and I said yes. I then asked for his FC, I typed his FC on the PC while he wrote mine on the pen.He asked if he wants to go on his town and I said yes.

I then went to his town and it's pretty new, I gave him 2 baskets of perfect apples since he just started out and I guess he ate his initial one, he's very happy and his friend suddenly came in to his town but immediately left. I best friended both of them. Then I left so he can go on my town. His trip to my town is very short since he said "gtg being kicked off".

I've never been trolled, yet.
That's a nice story!! My brother (When he still played New Leaf) went and found some girl that invited him to her town. I came too, because I needed a break from my town. She was actually really nice. We fished, went to the island, and watched the meteor shower together. :)

I've actually never had a bad thing happen to me at the island. I always have a good time. EXCEPT. DUH DUH DUH

Once there was this girl there. I was really happy that day, trying to be extra nice since I felt so good, ya know? So I said to her, want some random bells? :D And I was totally surprised by her reply, and a little confused. Then I decided that she must not have understood me. Her reply? "I don't play with beggars". I offered her bells, and I didn't beg her to take them, so yeah. But whatever! I just left and came back to someone else who gladly took my bells and thanked me. :D

Aw, hehe, poor girl had some issues! Maybe she just meant she wasn't a beggar?? Nah, that's still rude to say to someone offering you something. That sucks though, when you're trying to be nice. One time IRL my boyfriend gave change to a homeless person that ASKED for it, and then when he turned his back they THREW the change at him. lol...I guess they wanted bills when they asked for "change". XD (I mean he should have maybe given bills to begin with but he didn't think about it, and still he didn't owe them anything! lol)

This is my only negative time that has happened to me on ct.
I went onto this Island with 3 girls on it. After I had wondered around for a bit a fourth girl came on. The other two had to shower and something so there characters were dead so the fourth girl started hitting me with a net, asking for my shoes for which I replied no. She then said "don't worry your shoes are ugly" ???? I then went into the ocean to escape from her because I don't like the sound of the net and she followed me but she couldn't do anything ofc. I went back into the island where she continued hitting me with the net and insulting me when one of the girls came back which I asked for her to stop the girl who was hitting me with the net. The girl hitting me then replied "What? No! You were doing that to me" so I say to the girl "which one do you believe?" And she then replied "I believe in the crown." Which I then got confused since we were both wearing crowns. Fighting happened blah blah till the other girl came back and then the girl hitting me eventually errored -_-

Lol I love reading this I wish there were more

My only story isn't really bad but just weird. I arrived at an island with a girl already on it. We talked for a while and established that we are both 15. Out of nowhere, she started quoting Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" and since I knew what lines were next I responded to her. We spent the next hour and a half reciting Shakespeare together. After a while she said she had to go to bed. I've never seen her again XD

Pfff haha
I'm gonna go play with weird people and entertain yalls

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I was playing on CT, and at the time, (this is important!) there was a purple rose in my mouth to match my hair and clothes. I say hi, and look at a bush start. She then says
"THROW UP UR OWN FLOWR"
I'm just like "wat"
"PLS"
She's in my face, making several emotes. I just laugh, and say no. I proceed to go island hopping, and as I'm talking to Leilani, she screams "U WOT M8?"
I lost it X3

For some reason, I love reading these, but I'm yet to actually have a bad or really funny experience on Club Tortimer yet. I just meet a lot of Germans on the international island and get all excited at being able to actually use my German language skills.

Hnu8p9a.jpg

This sort of speaks for itself, lol. It was pretty strange.​

I only have one that was weird. This older Japanese male asked me how old I was. I thought it was weird and wanted to tell him "non of your business", but I was in a friendly mood so I told him I was 24. This is how the conversation went:
Older Japanese male- "OH you old"
Me- "Erh, I guess. Hbu?"
Older Japanese male- "what is hbu?"
Me- "how about you?!"
Older Japanese male- "46"
Me- "well, we're both oldies then"
Older Japanese male- "I like younger girls"
Me- "Younger than me?!"
Older Japanese male- "yes"
Me- "How much younger?"
Older Japanese male- "younger"

I sighed and left the island. Honestly, he was a creep. I had no idea what I was even doing on the island still. I guess he sparked my curiosity for a minute, and I was super bored.

Also, a girl trapped me on the island once, but I had no idea that's what she was doing lol I didn't know people did that stuff on purpose, I just thought she was going to go to a tour and went afk or something.
I just waited and waited and waited, and she ended up saying I suck and left herself. At the time I was confused as ****, and thought I did something wrong.

Lol.Great stories.

I have quite a few, but i'll tell one that i thought was kind of cute.

This little girl was dressed up like a princess.She cut down a tree and sat on the stump.Then she started to demand that i bring her food and gifts.I had to do it, she was after all royality.I would bring her bananas and sea shells, but these gifts never pleased her.lol.

aww! that seems so cute :3 sounds like something i would do

These were some fun stories to read!!!! Gosh. :D Some were strange but yeaH!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I only have one that was weird. This older Japanese male asked me how old I was. I thought it was weird and wanted to tell him "non of your business", but I was in a friendly mood so I told him I was 24. This is how the conversation went:
Me- "Erh, I guess. Hbu?"
Me- "how about you?!"
Me- "Younger than me?!"
Me- "How much younger?"

I sighed and left the island. Honestly, he was a creep. I had no idea what I was even doing on the island still. I guess he sparked my curiosity for a minute, and I was super bored.

Also, a girl trapped me on the island once, but I had no idea that's what she was doing lol I didn't know people did that stuff on purpose, I just thought she was going to go to a tour and went afk or something.
I just waited and waited and waited, and she ended up saying I suck and left herself. At the time I was confused as ****, and thought I did something wrong.
Nope, totally not your fault. And WHAT a creep!?! :O

Me- "Erh, I guess. Hbu?"
Me- "how about you?!"
Me- "Younger than me?!"
Me- "How much younger?"

wow that is creepy 0.0

Back