• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Pokémon First ever shiny pokemon?

In what generation did you find your first shiny?

• Gen 2

Votes: 37 15.3%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Gen 5

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Gen 6

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
I found a shiny zubat in slowpoke well in Soul Silver, first shiny I ever saw!
I didnt catch it sadly :-/

The First one i caught was a shiny Audino right before i went to victory road in pokemon White,

My first shiny was a Staravia in Diamond. It's a Staraptor now. It has a dumb name that was basically my reaction to finding a shiny for the first time. :p

It was Oddish. I was like wtf why is he green, but luckily a friend was next to me and he told me that's super rare and I must catch it!

My first shiny was ghastly in pearl cause I chained it.. I never was lucky enough to randomly run into a shiny (despite playing since fire red/leaf green) T.T

My first ever one in the wild was a shiny Vulpix on my OR cartridge that I evolved into Ninetales. Shortly after, like the next day, I found a shiny Littwick, but I traded it for a different shiny Pokemon. I forgot it's name but it's a gen 5 poke.

My first natural shiny was a Gothorita in X. I've been playing since gen 1 came out in America in too. I don't count the forced Red Gyrados in Gen 2 though.

My first shiny was a shiny growlithe in a friend safari. I was so happy, it was the first patch of grass I walked into also. :)

Mine was a Swablu, but only because I decided to shiny hunt it, using two 3DS' in ORAS with the chaining and horde method :( took me 3 whole days. Now I only focus on breeding shinies... much easier :D

A female shiny golbat in Turnback Cave in my Pearl Version. I evolved it and crobat remains as one of my favorite shinies :p

Mine was Snover in Diamond back in 2007. I actually didn't know what shinies where at the time, but I still caught it because I thought it was special, about a week later I found out about shinies online, I had to have more.😮
So several year later, after many random encounters, hatched eggs,events,resets, and trades I have 3 boxes full of many shiny Pok?mon I really wanted, still a few more I'd like to get, but I'm still slowly but surely working on it.😊

shiny rhyhorn in safari zone (leaf green) i named him brownie!!

Shiny Voltorb in FireRed, power plant. Thank God it didn't know self-destruct yet. ._.

Last edited:
Despite playing EVERY SINGLE POKEMON GAME. I have seen one shiny. Ever.

A shiny Whismur in emerald, and i killed it because I didnt know what it was as I was young :(

fml

Mine was in Gen III where I was making my way to Rustboro City and I came across a shiny Poochyena! I tried to catch it but I ran outta balls...

Back