• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Features that were removed in NL that should return in the next game?

I first started playing the game cube version. I remember getting so excited to visit the store to see what furniture was for sell, or catching a new bug or fish that I've never seen. New leaf has some new things, but they kept a lot of the old stuff.The excitement wasn't there anymore.

The scorpions and tarantulas were scary in wild world. I miss that.

I especially miss playing with my kids. They're older now, and have other interests.

New Leaf is still my favorite out of the series. I think they did a great job.

GameCube had a ton of events throughout the year. One I remember was a sports day? It's really fun :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also miss being able to ask villagers if they need help.

Wisp the ghost was a great guy it's a shame he was pulled again, the gyroid storage was so useful; there's so many of them and they take up so much space. The observatory with the constellations was great too, Celeste must miss it. And Blathers used to ramble on about a fish or bug when you gave it to him but now he just says it'll be explained in the description. It was just a small detail that fleshed out the game personality-wise I suppose but then again, maybe it's character development. A realisation that he was blathering on, but I digress...

Background stories or problems of the NPCs! I used to love hearing the what they had on their mind, like Blathers with his bug fear and Tom Nook with his Timmy/Tommy problem. It'd be interesting to hear what Isabelle or Leif might be feeling, this gave those types of characters emotion in general!

I want the dump/recycle bin to make a return. I get that Re-tail basically fufils that purpose, but it was fun seeing what your villagers would throw away.

The shopping card definitely needs to make a return, I still don't understand why they removed it in the first place. And the recycling bin, getting rid of trash without a garbage can is such a pain :(

shopping card.
constellations.
I would also greatly enjoy being able to get all of Gracie's furniture at once like in City Folk.
gyroid storage.
Blathers blathering. that's his thing! I was so disappointed that they made him stop. >:
mean villagers would be funny tbh, I want that too.

I want to see more of Sable's backstory unfold when you speak with her :3
Constellations! Very beauty, much cool. Wow.
I also want Serena to come back! 'Cause she gives honest noobs free stuff!

Meow (The villager) also I think it would be cool for the fruit trees to turn pink in the cherry blossom season

I miss conversations with Blathers! This is a really little personal preference, but I liked how K.K. played his songs in the Roost. It was a nice atmosphere.

Meow (The villager) also I think it would be cool for the fruit trees to turn pink in the cherry blossom season

I've seen the trees go pink in New Leaf, I can't be sure of the fruit trees in particular but I know all the others do for a fact. Did you just mean the fruit trees in particular? Why? Do fruit trees go pink in real life? I don't know, I'm not sure. This is an intriguing one.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but I would love to see the cliffs return. They were so cool. They made the town look somewhat bigger and way more spacious.

Also bigger towns. I don't really like to see a clmp of villagers in one spot or another. I was playing AC on the gamecube a little while ago and it seemed like all the villagers were spread out more. We also had to walk quite a distance to get to their homes.

Acres as well. I'm not sure why, but I just found them a little nifty.

Back