• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Fast and Easy(ier?) Way to Kick out Villagers/Get them in boxes! (TT and Non-TT)

I have gotten 2 villagers to move out so far. One villager, I kept talking to her over and over again until she told me she wanted time alone. Then I left to do dailies and came back to find that she had a bubble on her head and she asked me to move away right then and there. I was quite surprised. Also a few days ago, one villager said he wanted to leave but I said no. Then 2 days later a different villager asked me to leave and so I said yes. After having one villager asking me to move, I was surprised another one asked me about moving during the same week (I do not TT in acnh btw as I had TT in acnl).

Because you won't offer any evidence of the danger?

Listen, if there's another way to brick your save (other than leaving quietly), then that's extremely important and everyone should know. I'm honest to god not trying to antagonize you. But I have yet to see any proof of this, which means I am still treating it as a rumor. I think it's also important to protect people against misinformation.
As I said before.. Close your game however you choose as it's your game, your island and your data that's at risk not someone else's..

I still would not recommend anyone force close their game unless they are willing to accept the possible consequences of doing so...

All moot as the OP updated the thread and also added a warning.. Not sure why you are so intent on wanting people to risk loosing their data though...

As I said before.. Close your game however you choose as it's your game, your island and your data that's at risk not someone else's..

I still would not recommend anyone force close their game unless they are willing to accept the possible consequences of doing so...

All moot as the OP updated the thread and also added a warning.. Not sure why you are so intent on wanting people to risk loosing their data though...
but if you have evidence of this actually happening to people, you should definitely post it. imo it's a bit irresponsible to say that force quitting the game can cause save data corruption without evidence because force quitting is kinda the only way to avoid being scammed when trading online.

but if you have evidence of this actually happening to people, you should definitely post it.
The internet is your friend.. Plenty of instances of corrupt data. Instead of hijacking a thread that the OP has already added a warning to, do some research and not ask others to do it for you OR contact a moderator and inform them you feel that I am unwarranted in my warning others about force closing and data corruption...

When I see force closing mentioned in the future I'll continue to warn others about the danger of it. If you don;t like reading such things then you are more than welcome to add me to the ignore list and I don;t think you'll see any of my future posting after having done so...

Again, it's your data so do as you please. If data corruption occurs, you'll have nobody to blame but yourself...

The OP added a warning and adjusted their how to. Not sure why some are still stuck on this and would advocate that others perform a risky and possibly catastrophic procedure..

To each their own I suppose, force close away...

I appreciate everybody’s concern regarding the force closing debate, and here’s my take on it:

I’ve done the research and it IS a danger. If I can edit my thread with an improved method that avoids said danger (which I have), then I will do it. I don’t think somebody bringing up potential threats when it comes to advice I’m giving people is a bad thing. Imagine it was never said and someone loses all of their hard work because of my ignorance, I’d feel awful!

On the flip side: I do appreciate those who want evidence before allowing themselves to fall into a panic. This is the kind of thinking we need in this day and age I think. It's good to be cynical, but it's also good to have some belief in the good intentions of others. Although I haven't found evidence that force closing is, in fact, the DIRECT cause of data corruption, until we do know what the direct causes are, I'm going to consider it a possibility and do my best to avoid it.

I appreciate everybody’s concern regarding the force closing debate, and here’s my take on it:

I’ve done the research and it IS a danger. If I can edit my thread with an improved method that avoids said danger (which I have), then I will do it. I don’t think somebody bringing up potential threats when it comes to advice I’m giving people is a bad thing. Imagine it was never said and someone loses all of their hard work because of my ignorance, I’d feel awful!

On the flip side: I do appreciate those who want evidence before allowing themselves to fall into a panic. This is the kind of thinking we need in this day and age I think. It's good to be cynical, but it's also good to have some belief in the good intentions of others. Although I haven't found evidence that force closing is, in fact, the DIRECT cause of data corruption, until we do know what the direct causes are, I'm going to consider it a possibility and do my best to avoid it.
Thank you

Hopefully others can get back to the thread how to.. I appreciate your efforts and thread adjustments. :)

Thank you

Hopefully others can get back to the thread how to.. I appreciate your efforts and thread adjustments. :)
Of course! I want to make sure everybody can have a good time for a long time and not lose everything they've worked for. I appreciate everybody's efforts in this thread to make it as safe and informed as possible!

I actually had someone ask me to move out 3 times this month. It certainly is not 15 days. I think 15 days is about when someone is guaranteed to move out. Here are some other methods. I am testing them out right now, as I am ready to let someone go now.

As for this method, the thought bubbles can indeed be moved around, but it can change around during the day as well, just as with who is crafting DIYs. So if you TT, you can technically look during morning, afternoon and evening.

If you do not tt, you can close your game if you see someone wants to move out, and without talking to them, go ask to move their plot. The bubble should be reset and someone else should want to move out the next day.

Also another note: If you find that it's taking forever to have it happen that's not because the method doesn't work

I've used it to kick out half of my island already but it's taking me over 6 hours to kick out Diana specifically. As far as we know the bubble is random and doesn't have a pattern but sometimes it will take a long time for it to land on the villager you want.

I actually had someone ask me to move out 3 times this month. It certainly is not 15 days. I think 15 days is about when someone is guaranteed to move out. Here are some other methods. I am testing them out right now, as I am ready to let someone go now.

As for this method, the thought bubbles can indeed be moved around, but it can change around during the day as well, just as with who is crafting DIYs. So if you TT, you can technically look during morning, afternoon and evening.

If you do not tt, you can close your game if you see someone wants to move out, and without talking to them, go ask to move their plot. The bubble should be reset and someone else should want to move out the next day.
That's awesome to hear! I'll add that/edit it in (with credit of course)! Do you know when exactly the cooldown ends, or is 15 days still a safe estimate for now?

I’ve updated the post stating that you can do the method without force closing, and I hope that should help lower the risk!
Post automatically merged:

It shouldn’t matter how new the villager is. I do believe the bubble moving is random and all up to RNG meaning it can land on the same villager twice. If you keep going day by day it should eventually land on the villager you want to leave. Additionally, as far as I know, friendship doesn’t affect the RNG at all.
I think the most recently moved in villager will never ask to move out until they are no longer the most recent move in. I recently had a difficult time with bubble rng where I timetravelled for 5 months day by day in game (it was... like my entire day in real life) trying to get one of my specific older villagers to ping and never saw my most recent move in ping.

Also about the force close - I also don’t force close out of safety concerns, I just save + close the game when I see the bubble land on a villager that’s not the one I want, without even talking to them/when I see the villager I want is outside, not doing an activity, and isn’t bubbling.

That's awesome to hear! I'll add that/edit it in (with credit of course)! Do you know when exactly the cooldown ends, or is 15 days still a safe estimate for now?
I think people do 15 since at that point it is almost guaranteed. I'm almost sure there is a random factor of someone wanting to move out, and the chance of someone asking increases over time.

Update: I'd like to consider this a community thread, and any additional information provided that differs from my original information I used I would like to add to the thread with credit to the provider! I'd also like people to be able to request having their specific methods that they use added to the threads under the additional methods section (also with credit) so that there's multiple options for people out there!
Post automatically merged:

I think the most recently moved in villager will never ask to move out until they are no longer the most recent move in. I recently had a difficult time with bubble rng where I timetravelled for 5 months day by day in game (it was... like my entire day in real life) trying to get one of my specific older villagers to ping and never saw my most recent move in ping.

Also about the force close - I also don’t force close out of safety concerns, I just save + close the game when I see the bubble land on a villager that’s not the one I want, without even talking to them/when I see the villager I want is outside, not doing an activity, and isn’t bubbling.
Actually, there could be some truth to that. I may put that in there listed as something still being observed and I might try to test that theory at some point!

Actually, there could be some truth to that. I may put that in there listed as something still being observed and I might try to test that theory at some point!

It's a myth... I've had 2 of my most recent villagers ask to move.. The most recent was Judy and I wanted her gone so I accepted...

It's a myth... I've had 2 of my most recent villagers ask to move.. The most recent was Judy and I wanted her gone so I accepted...

Oh, awesome! I wasn't sure about this since I'd never had a recent want to move and neither has my sister so it might be purely coincidental, or people don't pay much attention like me haha!

Oh, awesome! I wasn't sure about this since I'd never had a recent want to move and neither has my sister so it might be purely coincidental, or people don't pay much attention like me haha!
Yeah I've had 2 ask so far using my method... Not sure if them asking is rarer or not.. When I was wanting to boot Judy (she was my most recent) I assumed it would take a while but she asked on my 2nd try so I am not sure if it's even harder to boot them as they can and will ask to leave at some point in the process..

I would not use the method in the OP unless you want to risk data corruption by force closing and have your entire Island reset to start....

An easier and safe way if you TT

1. TT 15 days forward.
2. Look for bubble. If it's there and the person you want. Done.
3. If you don't see it and nobody wants to move TT forward one day
4. Look for bubble
5. If you don;t see the bubble keep going forward one day at a time until you do.
6. When you see the bubble and someone wants to leave - mark / remember that date.
7. If it's not the person you want to leave, decline and exit game. If it is then done.
8. If 7 was not the person you wanted to leave, TT back to current date
9. TT to the day you marked / remembered from step 7. Look for bubble, should be a different person wanting to leave.

Keep going back to current date and forward to bubble date until you get the person you want to leave. Basically the date the bubble 1st appeared is the key as it will continue to happen on that date. Travel back to reg time then forward to that date until you get the person to leave that you want out..
I saw this method on YouTube. Once I get the last of my turnips sold, I'm doing this 😎 I've been blaise about who moved into Lys early on while I concentrated on other island projects but I'm down for some TT soon lol

Back