Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Animal Crossing doesn't have an autosave feature... and we all know what happens after hours of not saving!

Seriously though, does New Leaf ever lock up or just crash? I've had loads of PS2 and Xbox 360 hangs but Nintendo games always seem to be stable.

Come to think of it, I've never had a Nintendo game freeze or crash for no reason. When that does rarely occur, I take it as a serious indicator something's wrong with the game. As far as NL, I've never had that happen.

In my 3 and a half years of playing this game (i remember getting it during summer 2013), i have only had my game crash ONCE. If it crashes it starts at the last point you saved, so i wouldn't sweat it too much. I don't know if you are planning to get it or already have it but if you are so worried about ACNL crashing...

PLAY IN SHORT BURSTS, AND SAVE OFTEN. ALWAYS SAVE WHEN YOU'RE DONE PLAYING.

I hope that helps you out.

The only time mine crashed was when I had my phone near my 3DS (like touching it) and it vibrated and it messed something up in my 3ds's insides and it crashed which was my own stupid fault

Yeah, it doesn't really crash so much. Wifi errors are common, and file corruption, though...

Yeah, it doesn't really crash so much. Wifi errors are common, and file corruption, though...

These. I have heard after a few years some game cards do end up getting corrupted which is kind of scary for me as I have had my first game for nearly 3 years now. It does get laggy or pauses when I first open the game (Isabelle stops running on the screen for a few seconds) and whenever I read any bulletin, it also slightly pauses before continuing. I may end up buy another game copy and transferring over my town just to be safe or buy the digital copy on my 3ds and transferring to there.

But other than possible file corruption, the games are rather hardy. At least from what I've experienced.

My New Leaf has never crashed (though I have experienced a lot of wifi errors), and I've never had a problem with file corruption with any of my nintendo games. Maybe I'm just lucky :D

Never crashed on me....I've had a few errors and my ds has played up which has messed up my game before but the actual cartridge itself I've had zero problems with :)

It never crashes on me in 2 1/2 years, but once I had weird lags and I got really scared. Nothing else happened though.

The only time mine crashed was when I had my phone near my 3DS (like touching it) and it vibrated and it messed something up in my 3ds's insides and it crashed which was my own stupid fault

I know plasma balls stop the touchscreen from working properly but didn't know phones could cause anything other than audio interference. Perhaps the vibrator caused a magnetic field of sorts? Shouldn't be that strong but some every mobile is different.

WiFi errors aren't a big deal, though I really wish the game could cope with connection drops of up to five seconds or so before giving up and letting the connection be re-established whenever to just let everyone continue from where they left off. :p

Would also be nice if Tortimer Island was properly server-hosted like Mario Kart so that one person disconnecting doesn't ruin it for everyone.

Corruption, though? Yeah, pretty scary. As long as the power doesn't go whilst saving or something like that it should all be good though. I think nobody with the cartridge version has had unrecoverable data without doing something really stupid.

When I'm online and someone/myself is coming or going, it tends to hang on my save screen sometimes. (Which scares the poop out of me to be honest, sometimes it seems to hang forever..) other than that, especially when playing offline I've had 0 problems with the game.

Back