• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Does Anybody Remember This Villager?

KAmano

Bells
Hello, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I don't use forums much.
Recently my niece has started playing the newest Nintendo switch Animal Crossing game and it jogged my memory of when I played an early Animal Crossing game circa 2003/2004 ish. I lived in Japan at this time so I believe I would've played a Japanese version of the game. I distinctly remember a dog villager whose entire body was black with big round eyes. I remember this so well because of how much it frightened me as a young child, the whole design looked very creepy. I remember their house being spooky as well. I have looked everywhere for this villager online but I cannot find anything. Please if anyone knows who this villager is let me know!

Hello, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I don't use forums much.
Recently my niece has started playing the newest Nintendo switch Animal Crossing game and it jogged my memory of when I played an early Animal Crossing game circa 2003/2004 ish. I lived in Japan at this time so I believe I would've played a Japanese version of the game. I distinctly remember a dog villager whose entire body was black with big round eyes. I remember this so well because of how much it frightened me as a young child, the whole design looked very creepy. I remember their house being spooky as well. I have looked everywhere for this villager online but I cannot find anything. Please if anyone knows who this villager is let me know!
That sounds like Lucky
1669071912476.png

If it's not lucky it could have been Walker
1669071933541.png

Or Marcel
1669071951305.png

Biskit isn't Black but his eyes are creepy
1669071973094.png

I remember the dog being completely black and uncovered, so no mummy wraps like Lucky there. Though I do remember it having eyes that look like Marcel's. Perhaps it is a false memory and I am mixing villagers together haha. But anyway thank you for the help!

If you were playing a japanese version, do you know if you were playing the original dobutsu no mori for the n64 or dobutsu no mori e+ for the gamecube? i remember looking through some old animal crossing websites and found one that went over villagers that were exclusive to the e+ version, and i could've sworn in that list there was a black dog. i have tried finding it again but i havent been able to! do you remember the villagers name at all?

If you were playing a japanese version, do you know if you were playing the original dobutsu no mori for the n64 or dobutsu no mori e+ for the gamecube? i remember looking through some old animal crossing websites and found one that went over villagers that were exclusive to the e+ version, and i could've sworn in that list there was a black dog. i have tried finding it again but i havent been able to! do you remember the villagers name at all?
Unfortunately I do not remember, I believe I owned both a N64 and Gamecube back then so it's possible it could've been either version. Unfortunately I do not remember this villager's name at all either haha. If you ever find that website again please let me know

This guy maybe? He's not black but is exclusive to the OG games and is kinda creepy (to me anyway lol)

Back