• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you have any internet friends or in an E-Relationship?

A only have a few and I only talk to like 2 regularly. I had many more whom I’ve spoken to back on a different forum but they are all gone and moved on from me. :(

I’ve had a couple of internet friends over the years but all of my close friends have been from real life. I can get pretty bad at texting/calling and that’s an important part of online friendships so we often just drift apart after a year or two

I had a boyfriend I met online on clash of clans when I was 13 LOL. That was like my first bf and it lasted 7 months. Would never have worked out because we were so young and he lived in France while I was in Canada

i used to many years back when i was active on the internet! i have a few for when i play overwatch sometimes and some old friends i sometimes talk to on social media :) besides that i have a bunch of people i mostly meet in every concert or festivals hahaha. outside of that we're just social media friends.

ive dated online before too yes, once again many years ago. it didnt last though, im not a fan of long distance at all.

Last edited:
not currently lol. i used to have a bunch of internet friends but i eventually stopped talking to all of them :(

i had several friends from another forum when i was 12-14 but ended up drifting from all of them. my parents knew about it and let me skype call them a lot which i'm honestly surprised about since they're strict otherwise. i even exchanged mail irl with one of them.
currently i have another cool group of internet friends though. i met them all on an online game two years ago and now we just use discord to keep in touch.

also this isn't me but my cousin met a girl on clash of clans and literally moved across the country to marry her at age 19 lagjdskjgg

Last edited:
i've had a few online friendships before. they've all fizzled out except one or two of them & i only actively talk to one. i miss those days!

i've had so many over the years, majority of them in my age group. nowadays everybody's pretty drifted out into adulthood and don't play those games anymore. few of them i talk to once every year or two to catch up but that's about it. speaking of, i once had a really good friend i met here on TBT in 2014. we were crazy active on this game and talked constantly in chat or on skype call. she eventually started to catch feelings and maybe i did too a little, however she vanished one day and i forgot all about it until a couple days ago. it makes me wonder what really happened to her, but i assume its for the better.

Last edited:
Yes, especially two people that I've kept in touch with for the last three years. One of them I've met twice now. We're not really in touch anymore tho, but I'm not too bothered by it. They got their busy lives, I got mine. Every now and then we catch up with each other, and all together I'm really thankful for them. I don't see myself getting more internet friends, just because of how busy my everyday life is, and that I felt like I had to talk to them often to keep the friendship going.

I pretty much have only online friends.
My current boyfriend used to be a internet relationship, but since I've moved to him
it's a normal relationship. It's hard to have a relationship only over the internet!

I've never been able to make any friends irl so all my friends live on the internet. I met the girl I will marry one day on the internet. It's strange how these things happen. A lot of my friends online I had such a small chance of meeting. The internet is a magical place.

i had a lot of internet friends on twitter, but i left twitter in april so i havent talked to any of them since :/

Literally 100% of my friends are on the Internet. Real life relationships are hard. When you're only friends on the Internet, you feel like you can talk to that person about anything without fear of embarrassment.

I've had many internet friends over the years, but I've lost touch with most of them. I have one friend, though, whom I've been friends with for 13 years now, and we've always kept in touch. We still message each other a couple of times a week.

I'd say I have some online friends, yes! There was even a time when I dated one of them (Xbox 360, Destiny 1) and dated him in real life but well, that was a mistake - a big one. But just a lesson learned.

Last edited:
I've made quite a few online friends, yeah. I've been to a lot of different parts of the internet over the years, so I've naturally met lots of people and became pretty good friends with them. I've also been in an e-relationship before but I didn't really care for it too much, and I don't think I'd care to do it again. When you can't actually meet the person irl, it doesn't feel right, at least not to me.

Yeah, I've got an internet best friend. 2 actually. I met them both on instagram.
I'm probably goona meet one of em when I take a trip to their state. Can't wait!!!

I have friends online, yes, but I always hesitate to talk to them incase they're a creep.

As for the other one...
All I think when you say 'e-relationship' is kids on Minecraft servers role-playing. Eurgh.

Honestly? About every single friend that I hang out with on a daily basis is online. I know people in real life through school, but since my school is online with the minimum amount of in-person meetings to be required, I rarely see them. We text though, I guess.

I have a crush online!!! They know plenty, I won't shut up about it.

Back