• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do I say hi? Lol

Koholint

Cat
Bells
Switch
4795-6854-8872
Hey, the name is Cat. I’ve heard about these forums from YouTube lol but my first day on the site. Still figuring stuff out. From what I understand you should probably create a good reputation for yourself? So I’m posting a greeting. If you have any advice feel free to post. :giggle:

Welcome. Nice avatar! :p

Rep is for the trading and selling parts of the forums typically.
You can get positive rep just by buying or trading things with other people's shops and trading threads if you do not feel comfortable starting your own shop or trading thread yet.
Though even if you do not have a lot of rep and start your own anyways, there are nice people that will still trade/buy your stuff despite your lack of rep. Basically people respond positively if you are a nice visitor when buying and trading with them or if you are a nice/helpful host if you are the one hosting the trade or selling something. :)

I'm still kind of new and only have 10 positive reviews, but I've had good experiences on here so far and have met and traded with some nice people.

Thank you so much! Appreciate the info :D
But still confused about starting my own shop? Do I just post items I’m willing to sell on a board and if someone wants to buy something I set up a time for them to come pick it up?

Welcome. Nice avatar! :p

Rep is for the trading and selling parts of the forums typically.
You can get positive rep just by buying or trading things with other people's shops and trading threads if you do not feel comfortable starting your own shop or trading thread yet.
Though even if you do not have a lot of rep and start your own anyways, there are nice people that will still trade/buy your stuff despite your lack of rep. Basically people respond positively if you are a nice visitor when buying and trading with them or if you are a nice/helpful host if you are the one hosting the trade or selling something. :)

I'm still kind of new and only have 10 positive reviews, but I've had good experiences on here so far and have met and traded with some nice people.

But still confused about starting my own shop? Do I just post items I’m willing to sell on a board and if someone wants to buy something I set up a time for them to come pick it up?

(I posted twice cuz it Just occurred to me I should hit reply button, hehe...)
Post automatically merged:

Thanks everyone for the welcome :)

Ah! Posts merge? o_O

(I posted twice cuz it Just occurred to me I should hit reply button, hehe...)

Thanks everyone for the welcome :)

Ah! Posts merge? o_O

Nook's Cranny is where you should sell/trade. There are some guides on how to start your own shops also that you can look at.
The Airport is a good place to host giveaways for items, let people know if a specific NPC is visiting, if you want to give an island tour, share turnips prices, let people know of meteor showers, etc. (basically things that require the in game airport, but do not count as trades or buying/selling).
An it looks like you already found the New Neighbor Network which you can search for villagers you want or put villager up for sale, trade, giveaway.

All of these places should have guides associated with them, but if you need more info there are people that can help.

And yes, that's basically what you'd do. You'd list what items you want to trade or sell and when someone responds you can set up a time and place to do the transaction.

Nook's Cranny is where you should sell/trade. There are some guides on how to start your own shops also that you can look at.
The Airport is a good place to host giveaways for items, let people know if a specific NPC is visiting, if you want to give an island tour, share turnips prices, let people know of meteor showers, etc. (basically things that require the in game airport, but do not count as trades or buying/selling).
An it looks like you already found the New Neighbor Network which you can search for villagers you want or put villager up for sale, trade, giveaway.

All of these places should have guides associated with them, but if you need more info there are people that can help.

And yes, that's basically what you'd do. You'd list what items you want to trade or sell and when someone responds you can set up a time and place to do the transaction.

Got it! Thank you again! Now I can look around with more confidence lol I’ll definitely check out the guides then.

The Bell System Beginner's Guide I recommended because it explains the on site currency and other things.
I'm trying to find the guides I used for when I started my trading thread, but having trouble locating them again. They basically explain how to use the sites prefix system and such.
Never mind, I found it.
This is a good guide to use. How to use TBT's Dodo Code Queue and Trading Fields

It means a lot you’d look for it for me :oops::giggle: thank you again again! Lol the queue part is a little confusing at first but I think I got it.:D

Welcome.gif

Back