• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Did You Know There's an AC Manga?

MapleSilver

Frost Egg Collector
Bells
Switch
0436-6117-9609
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Lily
Purple Violet
White Pansy
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
I'm sure most of us have seen or at least heard of the movie but I had no idea this existed.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Manga

Tobidase.jpg

I have no interest in manga.
I know there's a non translated one.

I loved the Animal Crossing movie and during my search for New Leaf merchandise I remember finding these! They even created a series for New Horizons. I don’t remember if they continued the story or what it was about but this is still a cool little thing. I think they translated some of the New Horizons ones and maybeee even some of the New Leaf ones officially!

I saw the movie a while ago it could have been the next kirby anime wish it did got the treatment tho and yeah i know about the manga and also the splatoon manga too.

I sort of wish there were official English translations for these and the movie; seeing the villagers do more than the stuff you see in the games really interests me. Of course, fan dubs exist for the movie, and there are fan videos that use custom animation techniques (though most of said videos have stories that would definitely not be approved by Nintendo's content department), and I'd definitely like to see an English-dubbed anime show if that were to ever happen.

The problem with some fan videos and art, however, is that I have to try and filter out those that contain sexually-suggestive content which is inappropriate for younger audiences. There ARE videos on YouTube that are not like that, thankfully. I don't care about bad language or a bit of violence, but I really don't want to see things my eyes shouldn't see. Yeah, I'm a 23 year old male, and I'd rather not see a villager I like get drawn up in crude ways.

I didn't. Is it still being continued or was it abandoned?
I did watch the movie and I thought it was cute. Tbh though, since Nintendo has been dabbling in entertainment outside of video games, it wouldn't surprise me if we get a new animal crossing movie in the future to boost the popularity of AC even more than it is due to new horizons.

Idk if Nintendo would take the leap and make a movie after the launch of the next game or if they would do it after the one after the next.

Tbh though, since Nintendo has been dabbling in entertainment outside of video games, it wouldn't surprise me if we get a new animal crossing movie in the future to boost the popularity of AC even more than it is due to new horizons.

Idk if Nintendo would take the leap and make a movie after the launch of the next game or if they would do it after the one after the next.
I’d love an (English) Animal Crossing movie, but here’s the thing: How the heck can you stick with the basic formula as the games and tell an original story that will last at least an hour thirty? Not to mention, would some fans be comfortable enough to see the characters talk with full-on voice acting and not Animalese? It’d be a bit weird for some I would imagine.

I think this fan movie is probably the closest to a real 3D Animal Crossing movie we’ve got so far:

Ignore the thumbnail for a moment, as there are plenty of light-hearted moments mixed in this video. A lot of things were done right IMO.
  • The story makes a lot of sense in a hardcore gamer’s perspective, but is definitely something Nintendo themselves wouldn’t make or promote, as there are a few unsettling moments.
  • The animation is spot-on, and looks very believable. The creator has even put up behind-the-scenes material on how he made certain scenes look the way they are.
  • Instead of voice acting, the creator took New Horizons’ Animalese and had the characters speak it with the English subtitles you’d normally find in the game. Due to the game’s nature, this was very clever.
  • The creator even created some music for the movie. A very talented dude indeed.
Despite me wanting another movie, I honestly think a TV show format would work best for this game specifically. There are new things you can do in Animal Crossing daily, and you could even make up mini plot lines that span a few episodes. If I had the talent that the YouTuber above has, I’d totally make this a reality.

I'd imagine the difference in voice of the villagers in game vs what is in the movie or TV show could be comparable with the differences of pokemon voices in the games vs the anime. They don't have to be the same and people may not feel odd about it.
However it looks like Nintendo is making an effort to match the Marios..
And through time, I felt like the Animalese sounds have gotten more clear. Sometimes I can hear actual individual words in New Horizons (I played too much of it obviously). Nintendo could make pronunciation of sounds and words more clear and use the sounds for both the movie and the game if Nintendo really wants them to match.

I do agree it would probably be better as a TV show. I wonder what's cheaper to test out, a movie or TV series. TV series could always be cut short if it isn't doing well.
The story could be anything as long as there is interaction between human characters and the animal people and now crafting.
I think it would be weird if there wasn't crafting since it was such a huge part of new horizons and I don't foresee it leaving the franchise.

I think there's been several AC manga, most of which not having any localizations outside of Japan. A shame as I bet I'd be really into one. Maybe there's a fanmade localization somewhere? Possibly.
I didn't. Is it still being continued or was it abandoned?
Some of them have probably been abandoned (I think one of the more well-known ones, Hohinda-Mura Dayori, had its last issue in 2015), and most of them were just one-offs. It seems there's at least one still going though.

Yes! I read it and loved it! It’s pretty cute and lighthearted— definitely a fun read if you’re not looking for anything too serious. (The New Horizons manga)

Last edited:
It seems there's at least one still going though.
That's interesting that a localization exists for a NH-era manga, let alone still being published; Volume 8 was released only a few months ago in Japan, and the localization of Volume 6 is supposedly coming in March. I wonder where you can get this series, because now I'm intrigued. Each volume appears to be 128 pages long, so they're not short.

Looking at the list of villagers who make appearances, it looks like they've featured quite a few of the less-popular villagers such as Chester, Marcel, and Knox, alongside a few of the usual popular ones like Rosie, Bill and Raymond. The only villager listed that's from my island is Poncho.

I normally don't like reading anything, but I wouldn't mind checking this out at least.

Oh hey, I had no idea. I knew of the movie of course (and watched it in 10 parts in like 2007 on YouTube) but didn't see there was a manga. That's pretty cute.

Yes! I knew this precisely because I had seen the movie as a child and somehow discovered that there was also the manga! (there is also the manga dedicated to New Horizons which was published in my country)

I still wish there was an official dub for the movie. We’ve got translated subtitles, and a fan project was being worked on, but heard it was partially abandoned.

I can understand how difficult it is to dub Japanese content; it’s not as easy as simply reading subtitles.

I still wish there was an official dub for the movie. We’ve got translated subtitles, and a fan project was being worked on, but heard it was partially abandoned.

I can understand how difficult it is to dub Japanese content; it’s not as easy as simply reading subtitles.

A very well done amateur dubbing has been available in my language for at least 10 years, I thank the guys who made it so much. I was 10 years old when I saw it and I really remember it fondly. Despite this, I would really like to see it in the theaters too, with an official dubbing! I would like people to appreciate the magic of Animal Crossing in all its nuances, not just that of New Horizons. I still thank that New Horizons had a phenomenal success, so we can hope that Nintendo works with pleasure and invests a lot of money for the next game, but everyone knows that popularity is a double-edged sword and most of those who bought New Horizons then they abandoned it. Only for a few happened the magic that made them become Animal Crossing fans.
I think it's normal that as years go by, old games(of any game series) will go into oblivion for most people. But it is also true that there are many people who appreciate old games (even if those people are part of another generation) and don't want them to be forgotten.
The Animal Crossing movie captures the essence of Wild World and could fascinate those who have never played an older Animal Crossing game💕

The Animal Crossing movie captures the essence of Wild World and could fascinate those who have never played an older Animal Crossing game💕
It really makes me want an Animal Crossing anime show, like there has been for Pokémon for over 25 years now. I believe it would be difficult to make another movie, considering the format of the game itself that is meant to be played daily. It wouldn't be over-the-top or anything; just silly shenanigans that the villagers (and Nook, Isabelle, Blathers etc.) go through on a daily basis. I would definitely not expect over 1,200 episodes like Pokémon, but it would give some villagers unique personalities that'd otherwise be shared by others in the mainline games.

Some fan videos on YouTube show promising things, but are usually short in length. A few look incredibly real (such as the "MASK" shorts from Densle), so the talent is already out there waiting to be displayed on a more broad scale. Nintendo would have to approve any show based off their games, of course, but only Pokémon has been proven to show any long-term success.

Back