• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Deleted.

in high school i tricked myself into thinking i was really REALLY into harry potter because all my classmates liked it even though i thought i was just okay huhu but looking back i really didn't care for it all that much before i met those people? (and now i don't want to go anywhere near the franchise at all but that's less about interest and more about j.k. being.... not a good person)

and not about liking something but instead pretending to dislike but there was a time when i was younger and had to pretend i didn't like someone because my friends were trashing them and wanted to know what i thought :( and then after that they told the person that i said i didn't like them which is :/

moral of the story is to just be true to how you feel because you're not sure how people would twist what you say to appease them :/

I feel like more often I pretended to not like stuff to fit in. People around me would joke about me liking stuff so I just kept it to myself. Honestly the one thing I got out of quarantine is that I don't care what others' opinions of me are anymore. I'll like what I like and watch/wear/listen to whatever I enjoy.

It's hard to think of a time where I've pretended to like something to fit in (though I'm sure it's happened) BUT on the flip side I have pretended to hate something in order to fit in, many times. And I've always hated doing that

Well believe it or not, I actually liked pokemon only so I wouldn't get bullied at one point, then I played pokemon black and found that I actually do like it, ive since worked on getting all the gen 3 to 5 games as those are my favorite
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah I had to pretend to like artists like lil pump and 6ix 9ine because that's what was popular when I actually liked listening to metallica, I've since voiced my dislike for SoundCloud and extreme auto tune rappers. ( seriously, use your actual voice like snoop and Dre)

Not really. There are plenty of times I’ve been in discussions about games I’m not super fond of, but I don’t pretend to like them more than I do. Being dishonest about what you do and don’t like just seems unhealthy.

No, but I've seen other people change their whole persona to fit into a certain crowd especially when that crowd revolves around something that is a current trend etc.

Nope! I know what I like and sure maybe its made people think I am weird but guess what... I am happy liking what I want! If I hate something I will tell them kindly 😅

Back