crowdsourcing house decorating ideas

EmGee

Crazy cat dad
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Hi fellow players. I have not been playing for very long and so haven't gotten a lot of recipes and furniture items gathered yet, but I have a good idea of how I want my house to look and need help figuring out what to add.

Background: my island is named Fincayra, after a fictional island in the Merlin series by T.A. Barron (pre-Potter, deals with Merlin's teen years on the island that came before Avalon). I'm doing minimal outside development besides trying to rearrange my villagers houses and shops and picking decorations, but for my house I want the interior to have a druidic/semi Arthurian sorcerer look and feel to it. I plan to have a main living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen on the first floor, and melded solarium/observatory on the top floor and a workshop in the basement. And I need ideas. Following are lists for each room and what I've got and what I'm considering adding, so if anyone has thoughts on what else to add or how I can improve each place to reach the theme I'm hoping for, please comment.

have
log chair
log extra-long sofa
lily record player
wasp head model
mantis head model
a lot of flower wreaths
log wall mounted clock
macrame tapestry (green)
dirt floor
woodland wall
might add
wooden waste bin
grasshopper head model
log round table
log decorative shelves
mush log
mush partition

have
brick oven
log stool
wood burning stove
dirt floor
might add
log dining table/mush table
mush lamp
fruit basket
classic pitcher
firewood
unglazed dish set
fruit wreath
pot rack
ironwood cupboard
cutting board
ironwood kitchenette (still debating)

have
cosmos shower
bathroom sink
tankless toilet
dirt floor (need to pick something else)
might add
cypress bathtub
rattan towel basket

have
mum cushions
rose bed
tulip surprise box
hyacinth lamp
windflower fan
bookshelf
might add
various zodiac furniture pieces
bonsai shelf
plants
telescope
pansy table

have
clay furnace
crown (on the wall)
might add
any diy workbench
cuckoo clock
gears
stack of books
scattered papers
spiderweb
wands, if they can be wall mounted
wall mounted candles

Any suggestions for additions and/or substitutions will be welcome and considered carefully, including for wallpaper and flooring. The objective is to keep everything looking as natural and medieval-esque as possible

Last edited:
Back