• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Common places for a tarantula to spawn?

Enderz

Some dragon
Bells
Winter Mittens
Cake
I know its super rare, but do different places affect the spawn rate? If so, then what kind of place?

i have only found them at night near my town plaza, idont know if thats a common place bit ive found about four of them, and allhave been near my town tree.

I think that having items on the ground (flowers, trash, patterns, etc) prevents them from spawning, so look for an empty area.

same with fleas ;_;

my acnl app says you catch them on villagers BUT I DONT WANNA HIT THEM //sob

I'm pretty sure they like to spawn in places where there is open room, less trees and flowers. They still can spawn near there, but it's just a bit less likely.

If you are having a trouble finding them, I suggest that you set the clock to some time between 11:00 P.M. and 4:00 A.M. Not as many other bugs spawn then, so you are more likely to find a tarantula.

Whenever I find them they are usually around the train station or plaza. Sometimes I find them hiding in flowers.

Uggggh ive seen it TWICE in ONE night and failed to catch it both times.. Im sooo pissed but both times it was arooound the plaza.. Could be random but thats where they spawned for me.

Most of my tarantulas and scorpions have spawned near Re-Tail and my campsite, so you could check there.
(at least, in an older town)

Last edited:
I found one, walking around on an empty space near my police station, and the stupid thing walked into the water.
I am so annoyed right now.

I think I'm cursed. I didn't find a single tarantula last year even with a few sessions of making circuits of my town at peak hours, going into houses to reset the bugs, etc. I've just been trying again and it's brought back a flood of horrible flashbacks. Hold me. ;_;

Seriously, the tarantula is the last item I need for the museum and my frustration is crazy right now.

Best day to catch it when it's summer solstice. Daylight in the evening makes it easy to see them.
Carry a fishing rod or a watering can and go about your daily routine. Have you net ready as your next tool.

Left Ed house after dropping a package off and one was waiting outside.

This is my 2nd year in my guest town and they were spawning in the same spots. Near the campground, Cyrano and Sterling House by the cliffs. Also would spawn in front of city hall.
My summer town just finished getting the scorpion and tarantula for all 4 players.

My newest town doesn't have a lot of flowers. Her first sighting was behind city hall close to the event plaza. It was freaking out and disappeared. At the time Katrina tent was in the event plaza. The next night it appear in the event plaza and didn't try to fight. Just moved a little and than stayed in the same spot. Mayor caught it with no problems.

If they go towards the river or cliff move back slowly. I've stopped abunch from jumping into the river or over the cliff. They'll start going towards you. One just stayed on the cliff and was stuck. Caught it. Not sure what happened but Player 3 was happy.

Clearing some areas with towns full of flowers helps. Finding where they spawn a lot helps. I just left a few flowers for them to hide in. They'll disappear into stumps, trees and PWP. In my summer town I removed a lot of flowers just so I could get it done faster.

Most of my players caught their tarantula and scorpion when the fortune was Good Fortune on items. Wore the clothing or the funny hat and caught one and rare fish.

For me, tarantulas and scorpions always seem spawn near the river or ponds. Even in City Folk they always jump in the damn water!

Back