• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Chapter One

Jessy_Azran

Small-Fry Lawn Clippings
Bells
Switch
2848-7128-6492
User Title Color Change
Silver Mailbox

Isabelle stirs three sugars in her Mocha and presses the tepid drink to her lips. She is in heaven, the aroma of the coffee and the sickly-sweet sugar tastes like nectar. It is the twentieth coffee this morning, but since she has been up all night, she has lost count how much caffeine is in her system.

Processing the words coming out of her former boss, is very difficult. She liked Tortimer very much, but in a professional way. She loved it when he was mapping out every structure in the town and everything he did was for the residents, not for his sake. He would request her to take a break from work, but she never could.

Yesterday, Tortimer told Isabelle he will retire from being the Mayor, his family has built a retirement village on an island resort. Isabelle understands he is way too old to cope now, but it's the friendship that is hard to say goodbye to. But as all good friends do, she wished him all the best.

Then came the bad news.​

He wants her to be the new Mayor of Azran, but if she doesn't want to be the Mayor, she has to find a reliable replacement. Isabelle does not know what to do! She nervously sat at what was Tortimer's office chair, and drums her feet on the floor. She tried rocking on it like her former boss used to do.

Big mistake! She rocked too far back and fell out of the chair. Thankfully, Isabelle is not hurt, apart from her dignity and pride. She steadies the chair and just about to jump back on, but the phone rang. She soars in the air so high, she hits the ceiling and crashes back down to the floor with a thud.

She did this both out of shock and excitement. She was shocked because it's normally quiet at four o'clock in the morning, and she was excited because she loves her secretary job so much. Before answering it, she mutters to herself that incident was not necessary and it was unprofessional.

"Hello, this is Isabelle from Azran speaking!" she spoke loudly and clearly.

"This is Porter from Anytown, the next one who comes off the train to your town is named your new Mayor." the monkey informs her.

"Thank you, sir, may I know the na-" Isabelle asks but the line dropped.

There was no other means to contact him back, so she just has to wait until the newbie comes into town. She relaxes, knowing there is a solution, but she's also worried what the new person is going to be like. She hurriedly scribbles notes on the new forms, making sure the handwriting is clear to read.

Jessy sits down on one of the seats and looks out of the window. When a tomcat walks on his hind legs, plonks himself on the seat opposite to her and asks for her name, she jumps in fright. She pinches herself, but it's not a dream, it's real. She calms down, this is what she wants, to talk to animals.

But never did she think animals can walk like a human. She reveals her name, saying she's now twenty soon, and ready to move out of home and gain a lot of independence. She will miss her siblings dearly. She's got heaps of online friends, but very few in real-life, but she knows that she will be in touch frequently.

"My name is Rover, and my daughter is sitting right next to you!" the tomcat introduces himself.

"I'm Katie, I love travelling to heaps of places around the world!" a small blonde kitten beams.

"Katie, you look so cute!" Jessy smiles excitedly. "Are you staying where I am going?"

"Well, um, I would love to..." Katie hesitates.

"Katie, maybe you should stay with Jessy because she sounds lovely, and your mother and I get worried a lot about you." Rover interrupts.

"Well, okay then!" she jumps about. "She called me cute, she called me cute!"

"Passengers, you have reached your destination!" Porter informs the trio.

"Bye, Dad!" Katie waves, Rover waves back.

The Porter who resides in the town they're in gave both of them a copy of the map, they started talking about moving in together and then walked outside to get bombarded by four animals. One is Isabelle, then there is a female kitten, a male wolf and a male deer. Jessy gladly accepts the offer to become Mayor.

She and Katie run up to Nook's Homes to ask for a home to live in. Tom, nose covered in chocolate from sneakily stealing a cake from Mabel, explains they have to live in a tent until they pay off the down payment, plus a few more bells after that. They place where they want the tent, looking shocked.

"We better pay off those loans, the tent is extremely small!" Jessy exclaims.

"Let's see what's inside!" Katie jumps into the tent. "Jessy, it's not too bad!"

"May I interrupt for a moment, I want to give you two a lantern as a tent-warming gift!" Isabelle smiles.

Jessy and Katie thank her and then begin to find some items to sell at Re-Tail. The male wolf from before introduces himself as Lobo, and gives out helpful advice to purchase tools at the Nooklings first, then pay off the loan. He also warns that some of the other animals are annoying and ask ridiculous requests.

After grabbing some tools from the Nooklings, they catch some bugs and reel in fish, donating to the museum for each new species. When they finally achieved the right amount of bells for the first two home payments, they present it to Tom. They decide on a green roof.

After walking out of Nook's Homes, the two do a happy dance, and then write to their parents of the good news. They meet a cute yellow bear who looks similar to Katie. Her name is Tammy. She kindly gives them a bunk bed in exchange for a yellow butterfly. The deal is settled! Luckily, Katie already has one in her inventory.

"Which bunk do you want to sleep in, top or bottom?" Katie asks. "I don't mind either one."

"You can be top, please." Jessy creases her forehead. "I don't like heights."

Soon enough, it was time to go to sleep. Tammy allowed them to shower in her house, only if they were in there for no more than three minutes. They get into the shower, obey the rule, hug to thank her before yawning, brushing their teeth and going home to bed, falling asleep straight away.

Attachments

• ISABELLE (1).jpg
    ISABELLE (1).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 374
  • JESSY.jpg
    JESSY.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 25
Back