• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Campsite villager just won't move in

Thranduil

the Great Elvenking
Bells
Hey~ first of all it's been a while since the last time I was here (laptop died, had to buy a new one and had lost almost all my saved websites so yeah xD)

Sooo I have 8 villagers currently, one villager has moved out 1 or 2 days ago, and Apollo is in my campsite. He's already said a few times he might want to move in. Every time I said "Yes move in" and then he backs away and says "Ah no but it's a hassle to move ". I'm almost at 30 minutes trying to convince him, have even played 2 mini games with him and all and he still won't say he'll move in ><

Should I keep trying or not? 'Cause I really would like to have him since I haven't seen any nice villagers in the campsite for a while.

I had Skye who did a similar thing, so I would keep trying :) I reckon he'll ask to play a mini game to determine his fate (Skye did the same thing with me)

Hello! Some campers can be a real pain with trying to convince to move in, even when it's possible for them to. Here's a little advice I've found useful when I'm having a hard time with it; since they often want to play games or buy or sell something, the best thing to do is fill your inventory with something like sea shells that you can't give to villagers; thus they won't have anything to buy and no room to sell you anything or give you any prizes from games. This should end up with the camper just talking about moving in or their homemade soup or mosquitoes or whatever. Either way this will significantly narrow down the options to just random things or thoughts of moving in. And while it still may take some time, eventually you can get them.

Like Toppazz said, make sure you fill up your inventory with stuff they won't try to buy or get off of you (flowers work very well).
Also, drop off all your bells (you can just drop them on the area around the campsite); this way, they won't try to sell you anything or make you play a game where you buy an item.

Make sure that nobody is moving into your town, too. Random move-ins can happen with 8 villagers; there's also streetpass or if someone has visited your town recently and didn't have a clear void.
It'd be a good idea to take a look around your town for any roped off area indicating someone is moving in, because a campsite visitor won't ask to move in if someone set a plot down for their house.

What I found when I was having a lot of trouble getting villagers to move in even after all of that was to either wait a while and try again later (either with the game still running, or via save and quit and come back).

Thanks for telling me to keep on insisting! I've done what you said Toppazz and filled my inventory with sea shells and he talked about moving in 3 times in a row and on the 3rd time he said YES! thanks friends^^

Congrats on Apollo, Thranduil!

It can be very hard to get a camper to move in, but I'm glad that it worked out for you in the end.

Back