• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bye bye Bevelle? :( (aka: is my game broken?)

I hope you're able to fix this, but if not let us know when you restart, maybe we can help you out <3

Thanks :) I already have two other towns to develop, so I am working on those right now. I don't think I could try and remake Bevelle, it's better left as a fond memory I think :)

I'm so sorry about what happened to Beville. Atleast you bought a second cartridge so you can try to build up a new Beville. I know it'll never be the same but you can atleast try. Good luck! :)

I'm sorry about Beville! I'm glad you have a plan, though. If you need any bells, I've got too much plenty, so just tell me when/if you need any.

Something similar happened to my first New Leaf town.I tried to start the game one day and it would appear to be loading but then it would get stuck on the 3DS logo screen.All my other NL cartridges worked fine on the same 3DS I was using so that wasn't it.I wound up buying a digital copy of New Leaf and transferring my save file from the defective cartridge to the digital copy.I got my town back and it plays just like it always has.I've read that it's possible for the motherboard in the cartridge to go bad thus rendering the cartridge unplayable but the save information is still intact.Maybe this is what happened to your cartridge.

Something similar happened to my first New Leaf town.I tried to start the game one day and it would appear to be loading but then it would get stuck on the 3DS logo screen.All my other NL cartridges worked fine on the same 3DS I was using so that wasn't it.I wound up buying a digital copy of New Leaf and transferring my save file from the defective cartridge to the digital copy.I got my town back and it plays just like it always has.I've read that it's possible for the motherboard in the cartridge to go bad thus rendering the cartridge unplayable but the save information is still intact.Maybe this is what happened to your cartridge.

Is that easy to do? Transferring to the digital copy I mean? I'd totally be up for buying a digital version if I could save my town!

Edit: No worries, just googled it... might give it a try! If it doesn't work at least I have another copy of NL hahaha! :D TYSM

Last edited:
Nunnafinga's solution is the one to go for, although it bugs me how the digital copy is nearly twice the price of physical which is completely backwards... and that goes for nearly every game on every platform!

Your second-best option would be to see if Nintendo can crack the cartridge open and see what's what, but why should they care?

Seriously hoping this doesn't happen to myself or anyone else. Don't even see why it would happen unless there was some crazy voltage spike.

Downloading the digital version now... Fingers crossed!

OMG it worked!!!! Thank you so much Nunnafinga!!!!!! I am crying again now, but tears of relief!!!!

I just... I don't have words for how happy I am right now! :)

Thank you to everyone for your kind words... hopefully this thread will help others in future! :)

OMG it worked!!!! Thank you so much Nunnafinga!!!!!! I am crying again now, but tears of relief!!!!

Thank you to everyone for your kind words... hopefully this thread will help others in future! :)

Great!!I'm glad you got your town back.You're very welcome!

haha congrats! <3

YES!! Nunna, why are you so AWESOME?! OMG, Foxxie, that is the best news ever! Hooray for Bevelle and Nunna!

Oh my gosh! Thank goodness things worked out great for you! It stinks that you'd have to buy a new copy (digital) of the game because the physical copy died. I'm actually worried about my first copy of the game. It's been somewhat laggy when I start it up and there's a pause then I read the boards but my second and third copy of the games have no issues whatsoever...I may end up dishing up that extra cash for the digital copy and transfer over my file- that's the only town that has my dreamies. The other two are still works in progress towns.

Wow, I didn't even know that was possible! I'll have to keep that in mind just in case the same thing happens to mine! Congrats on getting your town back~!

Hooray! Are you going to just bin the cartridge or try to get a refund? Would probably just be easier to bin it... or sell it on eBay and ruin someone else's day. :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh my gosh! Thank goodness things worked out great for you! It stinks that you'd have to buy a new copy (digital) of the game because the physical copy died. I'm actually worried about my first copy of the game. It's been somewhat laggy when I start it up and there's a pause then I read the boards but my second and third copy of the games have no issues whatsoever...I may end up dishing up that extra cash for the digital copy and transfer over my file- that's the only town that has my dreamies. The other two are still works in progress towns.

Eh, lag spikes are normal. The Re-Tail sign gets to me as when reading it, the game freezes up for a solid second. :p

Last edited:
Hooray! Are you going to just bin the cartridge or try to get a refund? Would probably just be easier to bin it... or sell it on eBay and ruin someone else's day. :/

I think I'll just keep it on the shelf, in it's box. I'm kinda sentimental like that ;)

what an unexpected happy turn of evenst!!! I'm jumping for joy with you :) And I see you have already updated your signature :)

I'm so glad you have your town back! I hope you don't have any other problems. :)

Is that something you would do? Would you take a defective game and sell it to someone on eBay? That's really horrible.

Aww I just read this the whole way through and I'm so glad to see a happy ending occur! Definitely going to keep this in mind for myself if I ever have problems with my cartridge!

Back