• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Building a computer. Have a question about the case.

LaserGirlFetch

Bells
Just a quick question before I make my purchase today. I'm building myself a new gaming rig, and have picked out the Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X 7970 OC 3GB video card. I have two cases picked out, however, I'm unsure if this specific card will fit in either case. This is a first time build that I will be receiving help with from a family friend, however, due to the holiday, he is unavailable to ask at the moment. Any computer wizes out there, can you tell me if that specific card will fit in either of these two cases?

NZXT Guardian SECC ATX Mid Tower - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004351H9G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thermaltake V4 Mid Tower - http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-B...d=1368385170&sr=1-2&keywords=thermaltake+case

Any help will be much appreciated. If everything else I'm putting in the PC matters, I'll be putting the following:

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 700w Power Supply
WD Blue 1TB HDD
8 GB of RAM
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 ATX Motherboard
Intel Thermal Liquid cooling
Samsung 840 SSD 120 GB
Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X 7970 OC 3GB

Thanks.

It's hard to tell from pictures and item descriptions. Have you tried a google search?

Yes I have. No info on the specific card, however, the gaming edition of the Thermaltake V4 can fit two 7770's perfectly. I'm not sure if that specific one can fit the 7970 without issues. Like I said, no info.

Yes I have. No info on the specific card, however, the gaming edition of the Thermaltake V4 can fit two 7770's perfectly. I'm not sure if that specific one can fit the 7970 without issues. Like I said, no info.

I'd say call a computer place and see what they say. If it's a full size tower there shouldn't be an issue.

Can never go wrong with NZXT. I've got a Phantom and it's a monster. Plenty of space, easy installation for EVERYTHING, and has every build in mind. Whether you want to add liquid cooling, multiple fans, board multiple cards... you're set. I think I have like 8 fans in mine, lol. The Guardian also sports plenty of space (and then some). It will work perfectly for your build.

Better make sure the Motherboard supports the video card because it might not have the right connection
having a video card that wont fit in the tower is highly unlikely.

Better make sure the Motherboard supports the video card because it might not have the right connection
having a video card that wont fit in the tower is highly unlikely.

Any motherboard can support any graphics card, they all use the same PCIe slot

Out of those two, I would get neither, Bitfenix Shinobi, Shinobi Window, NZXT Source 210 Elite, Coolermaster Storm Trooper or HAFD 912 would be great choices

what do you plan on doing with this PC? and what processor

You can see how wide and long your video card is and you can probably find the maximum dimensions you can fit into your case online. I'm pretty sure it will fit as long as you buy a case which can fit a full sized motherboard in the case, there are special micro Motherboard cases, some of them can fit pretty large cards as well.

About a half year ago I built my own gaming PC, and it is a lot to sort out and research, maybe I can help you with some things.

Back