Blue Rose skeptic

ayeAmariah

Bells
Arcade Tokens
So from what I've heard on here, to breed a blue rose, you breed a purple and an orange hybrid, breed those two to make two "second generation" red roses, and then breed those until a blue rose pops up...

Right?

Well, I was casually scrolling through tumblr when I see THIS

tumblr_n10q08hXPV1s5stwwo1_1280.jpg

According to this, you breed two oranges from the purplexorange hybrids, then breed the two oranges to get two second gen red roses, and THEN breed those to make a blue rose.

HELP, I'M SO CONFUSED AND I NEED SOME CLARIFICATION.

(This guide has made me doubt everything because it's in a book and it's in Japanese, so it must be official, right???? Omg I need help)

Actually I am confuse with the second generation of red...what the different from normal red rose? >< how do I know I get the second generation red???

what the heck that looks so complicated

I just breed bluexblue omg
I'd need blue roses for that /cry

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually I am confuse with the second generation of red...what the different from normal red rose? >< how do I know I get the second generation red???
The "second generation red" comes from the Orange x Purple roses (or apparently, two Second Gen Oranges, according to the picture..) and have all the genes from the 3 original colors, yellow, red and white

You just have to isolate your Oranges and Purples to breed, then monitor them to check for red roses & those will be your second generation roses.

I actually heard about that method on the forums here a while ago, a few people said they had success with it iirc but I didn't at all unfortunately. I just gave up after like 2 months of trying and bought a blue rose pair haha

I've tried breeding second generation red roses but I got confused as to whether they were "real" 2g roses (because you can't tell the difference?) or if a villager just planted a red rose there. :p so I bought four blue roses from someone and started breeding from there.

The answer to blue roses is 6

Person A says it's made by 3+3
Person B says it's made by 2+4
Person C says it's made by 1+5
Person D says it's made by 1+2+3

No one knows who's right, but everyone knows blue roses exist. Try what you believe works and hope for the best. The only thing we can be 100% certain of is that the method is complicated, for everyone is asking how to make blue roses.

Does anyone know the name of that Japanese guide? It has a lot more interesting info.

Last edited:
Find a friend with blue roses and borrow 2. Burry a fertilizer near them and make sure they are the only watered flowers in your town. Repeat this another day and you'll have 2 roses of your own. Blue+Blue only produces Blue (as far as I know) so you can breed on from there.

In the meantime experiment breeding your own blue rose. Once you succeed you'll already have a large amount of blues to decorate your town with.

You can still water all the plant, I buried my fertilizer nearby blue roses everyday and water everything else, everyday there will be one blue or one purple(depending where I bury it) and sometimes other flowers will bloom hybrids too. Of cause not as often as where fertilizer is bury.

Last edited:
I've bred blue roses (is 'bred' a word? :L) with a couple of combos including second generation reds together - but now I just prefer to keep a few and breed bluexblue just because it's easier

holla holla holla

thonky says as long as the second gen red rose has a purple or orange parent, it's a Gen2 Rose.

Hybreeding is way to frickity frackin' complicated. Why do I even try. .-.

LOL Yes, "bred" is a word. :D It took me MONTHS, literally since I don't TT, to breed my blue rose, but I did finally get one! I can tell you that mine came from "second gen" red roses that I bred from orange and purple roses. I put mine on the beach because my villagers don't seem to plant flowers there as often, if at all and I can keep them separated from all my other flowers. I just planted one set of purple and orange together in the diagonal pattern and walked further down the beach and planted a second set of orange and purple. Water and fert daily until I got my reds, then I put those reds together in a separate area of my beach and focused on them. I did also have an area with other rumored rose colors together and watered them daily, but in my case, it WAS the "second gen" roses that produced my blue. And now I have two, so I'm hoping it will be easier!! LOL I was determined to grow my own, not borrow or buy! :D

I just recommend coughing up 150k for a breeding pair, if you're this confused.

Last edited:
I'll give you 2 for free :D but this guide does look extremely complicated!

My second generation red roses spawn black ones or more 2nd gen red ones. I only have blue because I bought 2 off someone and grew them from there. I think they are ultra rare.

Back