• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I assume your red roses are hybrids created from orange and purple roses, and not "pure" red. I think whether your red roses are hybrids is determined by the genetics of the parents as well. You could start over from making orange and purple, though you can use hybrid reds from orange and white roses or hybrid reds from red and purple.

Then you can make blues by combining two hybrid reds, orange and hybrid reds, or two blues.

In addition to trying to get "new" parents that may be more "pure" (I don't know how you made yours so I can't tell how good they are for this purpose) you could also just keep trying and use as many different combinations as possible. If you Google it you'll find guides on the flower genetics and how it's passed on. Sometimes combinations don't work out because they pass down different genes that result in another flower that isn't the one you want.

Thanks for all your help, I'll have a try at a few things or start over. :)

I'll help you with your question too as thanks!

If two villagers are talking and one of them walks away looking sad and refusing to talk, what does that mean? Does it mean the other village was rude to them?

Yes, it means that the villager was rude or upset them in some way. There's also the potential for them to be angry or happy after villager conversations as well based on what they have talked about or done (trading shirts or catchphrase, and so on).

Yes, it means that the villager was rude or upset them in some way. There's also the potential for them to be angry or happy after villager conversations as well based on what they have talked about or done (trading shirts or catchphrase, and so on).

I wish I'd know about this, I could have used an excuse to beat up the villager who hurt her feelings </3 Thanks for the reply, that really explains a lot. :)

i know you can plant bushes next to the stone pavement near retail and the town square but can you plant trees also~

Is it true that your 9th villager won't move out until you have 10 villagers?I have 9 villagers in my town right now and Boomer was my 9th one and at least 3 villagers have asked to leave Tammy and Groucho tried to leave twice but Boomer won't ping me to leave despite me only talking to him when I'm doing a favor of another villager or playing hide-and-seek with another villager.Is this because I need to get my 10th villager for him to want to move out?

Question: if I travelled forward in time and a villager pinged me to move out and I denied it, if I travel back to the original date will they just ping me again? Will I have to take any special precautions and if so what's the safest way to go back?

Question: if I travelled forward in time and a villager pinged me to move out and I denied it, if I travel back to the original date will they just ping me again? Will I have to take any special precautions and if so what's the safest way to go back?

The chance that they will ping you again to move is the same chance as any other villagers' ~

The chance that they will ping you again to move is the same chance as any other villagers' ~

Thanks! Also, another question: if I have 10 villagers, can a villager decide to move out after another has asked and I've agreed? Or do they have to wait until the one who asked first moves out?

Thanks! Also, another question: if I have 10 villagers, can a villager decide to move out after another has asked and I've agreed? Or do they have to wait until the one who asked first moves out?

Only one villager can be thinking of moving at a time. So the villager you told to leave will need to move out before someone else will ask to leave.

Only one villager can be thinking of moving at a time. So the villager you told to leave will need to move out before someone else will ask to leave.

Ah, awesome! By the way, I asked this in another thread but I guess it has better odds of being answered here: I TTed forward a few years to get a villager to move out. She's set the move out date and everything. If I go back to the present day, will she still move out? I want to TT to today to visit her home one last time and take a picture of it, then TT to her moving date so she'll leave. Or even to when she'll be in boxes so someone can take her.

Last edited:
Ah, awesome! By the way, I asked this in another thread but I guess it has better odds of being answered here: I TTed forward a few years to get a villager to move out. She's set the move out date and everything. If I go back to the present day, will she still move out? I want to TT to today to visit her home one last time and take a picture of it, then TT to her moving date so she'll leave. Or even to when she'll be in boxes so someone can take her.

It's possible to do, depending on when she's moving out.

If you TT backwards, her moving date will change. Think of it like a counter counting down the days til she is in boxes, not like a date on the calender.

Let's say she's set to move in 5 days. If you TT back to the present date, it counts as one day passing. So now she'll move out in 4 days. If you TT to the original date she gave you, you'll have gone way too far and she'll be gone. Unless you remember how many days you originally had, it might be best to TT up day by day to her boxes date if you're planning on having someone pick her up.

It's possible to do, depending on when she's moving out.

If you TT backwards, her moving date will change. Think of it like a counter counting down the days til she is in boxes, not like a date on the calender.

Let's say she's set to move in 5 days. If you TT back to the present date, it counts as one day passing. So now she'll move out in 4 days. If you TT to the original date she gave you, you'll have gone way too far and she'll be gone. Unless you remember how many days you originally had, it might be best to TT up day by day to her boxes date if you're planning on having someone pick her up.

Awesome, thanks for the tip! :D

If I'm streetpassing myself, do I get multiple hits (for badge purposes) even if I don't open the game? In other words, I've read you can streetpass the same person every 8 hours. If I don't touch my 3DS for 24 hours, will I get credit for 3 hits in AC? This will depend on the answer to that, but do I have to visit the HHS before the next hit counts? I assume when I open the system and the green light goes out, that is at least one hit and the next time it's green, that's another hit.

Also, if you're catching bugs and it says, "But I don't have any more room," if you let it go instead of switching it with a bug you're carrying, does that bug that you let go count towards your total?

Also, if you're catching bugs and it says, "But I don't have any more room," if you let it go instead of switching it with a bug you're carrying, does that bug that you let go count towards your total?

I'm not sure if it counts if you release a bug or not. If you're really set on getting a certain number of bugs you could always let go of another one in your inventory. That way it would count both of them to your total I believe.

I have a questions about mannequins....

The other day I got Sable's, completely by chance (which is to say, I didn't know it would happen). I then looked up how to get the others, and read that you get Sable's after 50 bought items and Mable's after 51. I proceeded to buy one more clothing item, exprecting to get Mable's mannewuin, but nothing happened. I came back the next day, buying one more thing, and still didn't get a mannequin from her. It's been a few days now and I've always bought something, but I still haven't gotten her mannequin. What am I doing wrong? D:

Also, does every player get mannequins or just the mayor?

What is the closest you can put a street lamp to a house?

If H = House, X = Empty Space, and L = Lamp, would this work?

HHHHHXXL

Do dandelions/puffs act like normal flowers? If you water them, do they stay fresh or do they disappear?

I have a questions about mannequins....

The other day I got Sable's, completely by chance (which is to say, I didn't know it would happen). I then looked up how to get the others, and read that you get Sable's after 50 bought items and Mable's after 51. I proceeded to buy one more clothing item, exprecting to get Mable's mannewuin, but nothing happened. I came back the next day, buying one more thing, and still didn't get a mannequin from her. It's been a few days now and I've always bought something, but I still haven't gotten her mannequin. What am I doing wrong? D:

Also, does every player get mannequins or just the mayor?

Sable's mannequin requires you to buy any 50 items within the shop while Mabel's require ONLY clothing, so no accessories. This means you wouldn't necessarily get the mannequin by purchasing just one more item

.....I think

Edit: actually I think I'm wrong, just keep buying things, I got my mannequin maybe after a week after the first one

If someone could clarify that'd be awesome

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it counts if you release a bug or not. If you're really set on getting a certain number of bugs you could always let go of another one in your inventory. That way it would count both of them to your total I believe.

That's what I've been doing. If I'm not paying attention and get the full inventory message, I don't count it. I'm trying to get at least 200 bugs a night, so I catch 16, let 4 of them go, and catch 4 more and then release them all and start on my next 20.

Do dandelions/puffs act like normal flowers? If you water them, do they stay fresh or do they disappear?

it doesn't matter if you water them or not, they'll always disappear a couple?? (or maybe just one not completely sure on this) days after they turn into puffs.

Back