• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

How do I get an RV from an amiibo to show up? Like step by step who do I ask and what do I say?

- - - Post Merge - - -

There is a 3ds fortune cookie! :)

You have to talk to Wisp and scan your amiibo. In case you don't know how to get Wisp, walk around your village and you'll get a text message telling you to come closer. You have to keep following the text messages until Wisp shows up and gives you a lamp. For me, he was right near the train station, but it may be random. Once you get the lamp, you take it home and put it on the ground (or a table) and interact with it. Wisp will pop out and you can then scan your amiibo card or figure and select "come and play" and the character will be at the campground.

Edit: I think I might have some details wrong about what type of amiibo work, but the basic thing there is that you have to find Wisp and he becomes the gateway.

///

Did this update patch out the glitches? I couldn't seem to get into the river anymore, though I haven't done it a long time and may be out of practice. But, I think it's patched out.

Last edited:
You have to talk to Wisp and scan your amiibo. In case you don't know how to get Wisp, walk around your village and you'll get a text message telling you to come closer. You have to keep following the text messages until Wisp shows up and gives you a lamp. For me, he was right near the train station, but it may be random. Once you get the lamp, you take it home and put it on the ground (or a table) and interact with it. Wisp will pop out and you can then scan your amiibo card or figure and select "come and play" and the character will be at the campground.

///

Did this update patch out the glitches? I couldn't seem to get into the river anymore, though I haven't done it a long time and may be out of practice. But, I think it's patched out.

Yes, I have seen several post mentioning they couldn't use the glitch anymore. I think they patched it out.

Thanks. Ugh. That was an unnecessary patch. BUT, I haven't tried it in over a year anyway, so. . . .

BTW, I tried throwing beans in the campground and the ceiling must be REALLY low, because it's more like feeding pigeons up there. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

This seems common sense, but I just want to be clear:

We don't have to cover the entire town in custom paths to steer an amiibo move in to the right place, right? I mean, if there's a large enough space for a house right between your path and the river, you could just add another line or two of path to make it too small. In other words, as long as you are making spaces too small between rocks, PWPs, houses, etc., you don't have to cover the whole place. If you have to cover the whole place to be safe, I have no idea what I'll do with all my flowers in the meantime. When I found out you couldn't plot reset the amiibo move-ins, I was going to just skip them until I heard about this path thing (not that it's 100% I'll do it anyway, since I like all my villagers; but, Phoebe and Flora are in trouble when Vivian and Dobie cards are out!).

Can i send someone a copy of my acnl town so they can make it into an aesthetic town using ram injecting or something? I can pay you with bells (I only have 5M tho).

Does anyone know if the islands should have changed at all? I've got an initiative to spend 150 bells with Leila but I'm on the island now and she still only wants to buy things, not sell them. Do I sell things to her and then buy them back?

Edit: In case anyone else was wondering the wording is confusing - it actually wants you to sell 150 bells worth of things to Leila!

Last edited:
If you want to adopt an RV villager from someone else's town, will they ask you who you want to kick out or does this only apply to RV villagers in your town?

If you want to adopt an RV villager from someone else's town, will they ask you who you want to kick out or does this only apply to RV villagers in your town?

You can't adopt an RV villager from another town. Not even if they're moving out of another town. Just tested it :/

Can i send someone a copy of my acnl town so they can make it into an aesthetic town using ram injecting or something? I can pay you with bells (I only have 5M tho).

You're not going to get much help if you can only offer bells the person can hack themselves.

Last edited:
How much is 1 tbt bell worth on the forums per in game bells?

Depends and probably fluctuates, but from what I found in the Re-Tail subforum, it's 20mil IGB to 100 BTB, or 200.000 IGB per BTB, at least for people selling IGB for BTB.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember who the original creator of the ACNL Villager sprites is? All I remember is that they were made by a Japanese person. I see the sprites posted all over tumblr but I'm interested in finding the original artist. These are the sprites I mean:

kaburiba.giflilybell.gifarrighetti.gifkenta.giflost-property-d.gif

Last edited:
Is it possible to adopt villagers from RVs in other peoples towns? (Like say Cece is in someones RV, if they invite me to their town to visit Cece in her RV, can I adopt her?) I'm assuming not, but just in case.

Do ants eat the fruit or candy left on the ground? Or do they just simply hover around them?

Well they don't eat it they just kinda cover the ground of the base of the rotten fruit or candy
Must be rotten
Regular fruit won't work

Can you adopt a villager from someone if they got that villager from an amiibo card?

You can! There's a few cycling threads that are using amiibo cards and I got Tipper yesterday from someone who got her from their amiibo card!

Back