• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

The villager will still absolutely move in if you TT backwards.
A TT backwards counts as +1 day forward for villager moving.
Best TT forwards on the 3ds and start a new char to plot their house first, then do any other TTing you need to do after.

damn. I got sigs for pekoe yesterday but I was too tired to play, so i figured i would tt back and give her the sigs she needed then tt forward to plot reset.
thanks though!

My game gets a little bit of lag sometimes when i run through my town. i think this has only been happening recently. i've built a lot of pwps and hav bushes and trees and flowers everywhere! just wondering if it's possible to overload the game with stuff so much it lags?

It's a framerate drop that can be caused by having too much to render or playing in 3D.

this may have been asked before, but I don't feel like going through 500+ pages, is Kitschy an actual set if furniture? All I have is the clock and wall paper, and have never seen another piece.

damn. I got sigs for pekoe yesterday but I was too tired to play, so i figured i would tt back and give her the sigs she needed then tt forward to plot reset.
thanks though!

Oh, well if youre TTing back to the same day you were last playing, then you should be fine, just as long as you TT to at least a minute later on the SAME day.
So for example, you got your movein and sig sheet early in the day, saved and quit at like 2PM, be safe and set it at 3PM on the same day and load back up.
If you do it that way you should be fine.
But DONT TT back even a MINUTE before previous play date/time or you WILL do a TT backwards, which counts as a +1 day for villager moves, which will in turn set a plot down immediately.

Ive done this before myself actually.
I had a movein planned and was TT'ed a day forward for plot resetting, and after a LOT of plot resetting attempts, I gave up and went back to the day before.
I then set up a PWP to lock off an area the plot kept going to, then TTed on the system back to the next day to continue plot resetting.

Last edited:
this may have been asked before, but I don't feel like going through 500+ pages, is Kitschy an actual set if furniture? All I have is the clock and wall paper, and have never seen another piece.

According to MoriDB, there is a floor that goes with it, but nothing else.

Why can't my white azaleas grow like usual in this picture? Is it because it's planted one block away from a sand garden or there's a limit on how many bushes I can grow per acre?
HNI_0065.JPG

My blue hydrangeas grow like usual near water, what's going on?
HNI_0067.JPG

Why can't my white azaleas grow like usual in this picture? Is it because it's planted one block away from a sand garden or there's a limit on how many bushes I can grow per acre?
View attachment 141991

My blue hydrangeas grow like usual near water, what's going on?
View attachment 141992

Check theses guides out:
http://animal-xing-3ds.livejournal.com/126262.html
http://animal-xing-3ds.livejournal.com/126850.html

Depending on where you're planting these, you might have too many plants in the area, or more than 12 in a line. Sometimes all it takes to solve the problem is to cascade plant. Meaning, planting one at a time in one direction for a straight line (up to 12, of course). Or one row at a time if you're planting say, a bunch of trees.

Hey there, not sure if this is a silly question or not but I wanted to check before I might mess up my game???

I love my ACNL town so much, but today I bought a second cartridge to make a second town. These are both physical copies. I only have one 3DS. Will there be problems by using two different copies on the same system? I don't want to accidentally mess up my original town data. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey there, not sure if this is a silly question or not but I wanted to check before I might mess up my game???

I love my ACNL town so much, but today I bought a second cartridge to make a second town. These are both physical copies. I only have one 3DS. Will there be problems by using two different copies on the same system? I don't want to accidentally mess up my original town data. Thanks!

I'm doing exactly the same thing, and I can report no problems switching back and forth.

Does campsite and cafe count towards the 30 pwp limit?
also do town hall and train station count towards it?

No, these don`t count towards the limit:)

I'm just going to elaborate a little on this.

Permanent, non destroyable PWPs don't count towards the limit. This includes the town hall, train station, and museum renovations.

Bridges that have been replaced do count towards the limit

Do campers count as an original villager (i.e. their hometown is your town?)

i.e. some villagers will talk about the town that they originate from. if I get a camper to move in, am I their hometown?

follow-up;
if Villager started in town A, moved to town B, then moved to town C, will they still remember town A? or will they only retain town B data? is town A their hometown? will they talk about both towns?

Do campers count as an original villager (i.e. their hometown is your town?)

i.e. some villagers will talk about the town that they originate from. if I get a camper to move in, am I their hometown?

follow-up;
if Villager started in town A, moved to town B, then moved to town C, will they still remember town A? or will they only retain town B data? is town A their hometown? will they talk about both towns?

campers count as original villagers, they'll act the exact same as an original villager & won't mention anything about moving in through the campsite.

I'm 99% sure they only talk about the town they last came from, so their will be no memories from town A, only B

Last edited:
campers count as original villagers, they'll act the exact same as an original villager & won't mention anything about moving in through the campsite.

I'm 99% sure they only talk about the town they last came from, so their will be no memories from town A, only B

Don't villagers that moved in from the campsite sometimes mention to other players though that they were camping out and that the mayor convinced them to move there? I know that that happened when I made a new player and talked to Poppy, who I got from the camp. I mean that's not really relevant at all to how original they are and that's the only time they mention it, but yeah.

Back