• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

When you are trying to cycle your dreamie back, (in my case, Beau here) does villagers coming out of town counts as 1 cycle or is it just villagers moving in? Sorry for the confusing question... For example... Whitney left. Canberra moved in. Does the Whitney count as 1 cycle to achieve out of 16 cycles?
Only villagers who move out count towards the cycle. So in your example, Whitney.

i accidentally time traveled too much and had a resident i didnt want to move move out... is there a possibility of ever getting that resident to move back in?
Yeah, you can get them back after moving out another 16 villagers.

Moving question. I was resetting for a 9th villager, and checking my campsite. Olivia was my plot set up, and Tangy in my campsite. I saved, because I wanted Tangy. I'm okay with Olivia, but I may want to move her out in the future. Since she was my 9th move in, and Tangy being my 10th, will Olivia ping me to leave? or does someone else have to leave before her?

I hope this makes sense...

Moving question. I was resetting for a 9th villager, and checking my campsite. Olivia was my plot set up, and Tangy in my campsite. I saved, because I wanted Tangy. I'm okay with Olivia, but I may want to move her out in the future. Since she was my 9th move in, and Tangy being my 10th, will Olivia ping me to leave? or does someone else have to leave before her?

I hope this makes sense...

uhm... i dont understand

When I get a villager from a random move in and also a villager that i want in the campsite. I get both and just have them live in my town until someone pings me, after someone pings me, I just keep cycling until that random move in pings me.

Why isn't my Town Tree fully grown yet? I've had the game since two days after release (June 11 2013) and haven't reset my town a single time. I have also played over 2,500 hours. Is it because I don't check on my town every day?

edit: WEIRD! I just checked my badges and I don't even have the gold badge for playing a lot. But my game library says I've logged 2.6k hours. I have multiple copies of the game, but also multiple 3DS and I'm pretty sure this is the only town I've played in this particular 3DS

Last edited:
I've never personally done this so I want to ask.. Can you grow more red and pink carnations? If so, how? XD

I probably look like an idiot asking this.

I've never personally done this so I want to ask.. Can you grow more red and pink carnations? If so, how? XD

I probably look like an idiot asking this.

You need a pair to grow them. They breed just the same as any other flower

Hey, guys! This is a real genuine question. Not being a troll or anything like that, so please, take it easy on me. Just was wondering why I see a lot of people say they made a new town and deleted their old one. Why would you want to make a new town??

Hey, guys! This is a real genuine question. Not being a troll or anything like that, so please, take it easy on me. Just was wondering why I see a lot of people say they made a new town and deleted their old one. Why would you want to make a new town??
To have a "better" town layout, with different river and building placements, among other things. Others just get tired of their current town and reset the game to start all over again.

Can breeding two blue roses together really make another blue rose? Because a guide online said so, and all I've been getting were white roses.

Can breeding two blue roses together really make another blue rose? Because a guide online said so, and all I've been getting were white roses.

I've made tons of blue roses from two blue roses before. Just keep trying, maybe you've just had bad luck so far. You could always try fertilizer as well!

Hi! I'm out of space, my house is the biggest it can be, I have the whole second floor in the museum and there is stuff everywhere, I don't like the letters idea because you can't easily tell what is what, so is my only option a second character?

About secondary characters:
* How do you make one? Can you delete it without deleting your town?
* How do you use their storage? Drop things with A and have B pick them up?
* Does using it for storage purposes only could have any negative outcome for the town/main character?
* Do side characters are outside of the 10 villager limit?
* Can I choose where his house will be?
* Can I transfer him money? Or only dropping and picking up?
* Is there anything else important to side characters that I should know?

Thanks! :):D;)

On the screen title, select "New Save File". You may delete them via loading that character, and selecting "Demolish my home". This will erase the character.

Pretty much. Drop with A, pick up with B.

* Does using it for storage purposes only could have any negative outcome for the town/main character?

Besides making you use up some extra time to load each character up, not at all.

They are separate from the 10 villager limit.

Yup, you may choose where the house is.

Only by dropping with A and picking up with B, sadly.

Other than taking up space in your town, if you delete the character it will leave a large dirt patch that will take some time to grow back.

Answers are within the quote in bold.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm out of space, my house is the biggest it can be, I have the whole second floor in the museum and there is stuff everywhere, I don't like the letters idea because you can't easily tell what is what, so is my only option a second character?

Thanks! :):D;)

1 - You make one by selecting "Create a New File". Rover will talk to you and you will have to go through the starting process again.
you can delete them by starting up to the game when Isabelle talks to you, press the second option and press 'Destroy My House" (or something like that)

2 - Yes, find a space and drop the things you want to store and go into your other character and pick it up.

3 - I don't think it will have any negative effects,
my sister plays on my game but she rarely plays and nothing bad has happened. Your villagers will occasionally talk about them to you.

4 - Side characters are outside if the 10 villager limit.
You can have 10 villagers and a side character, up to three side characters and one main.

5 - Yes, you can choose where you want his/her house to be, it's the same thing as starting a new game.

6 - Only by dropping and picking up, the ABD isn't connected.

7 - I think the only bad thing is that it occupies a space where you could put something else.

sorry if anything is wrong ;-;

*How do you make one? Can you delete it without deleting your town? where it says new file yes you can delete them without deleting your town

* How do you use their storage? Drop things with A and have B pick them up? same as you'd use your mayors storage

* Does using it for storage purposes only could have any negative outcome for the town/main character? no

* Do side characters are outside of the 10 villager limit? yes they dont count as a tenth

* Can I choose where his house will be?yes

* Can I transfer him money? Or only dropping and picking up? only dropping and pick up

* Is there anything else important to side characters that I should know? i dont think there is

So I have two towns. I've had Hell for 126 days, meaning that my town tree should be in stage 5. But here is the issue.

The Wiki lists the Stage 5 as:

Played 100 Days and 100 Hours
"Appears as a larger tree with ten clusters of leaves, with a vine creeping up from the base of the trunk."

But it also lists two completely different pictures for it.

The first picture fits the description (at least I think it does, I can't really see the whole thing)
HNI_0084A.JPG

The second picture is in the "fall" so maybe thats why it looks so different (I know the town tree loses its leaves in the winter)
Stage_6,_November.jpg

But in my game it is currently Spring, let my tree looks like the second picture (only with green leaves rather than orange/brown ones) Not my picture, but basically like this:
HNI_00482.jpg

Is my tree stage 5? :( Looking at the different pictures of the plaza trees, none of them look like my tree in Hell. But I've seen a bunch of trees looking like mine so I really dont get it
tumblr_miuzjy2ZS91s1gk0ao1_500.jpg

The wiki lists the stage 3 one as the only one with 3 clusters of leaves, but I know that my tree isn't as stage 3 because stage 3 is much smaller (also I passed that stage a very long time ago)

Last edited:
Back