• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Are you currently learning any languages?

What languages are you learning?

• Spanish

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • French

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • German

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Korean

• Japanese

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Mandarin

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Italian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

• Total voters
I am currently learning to speak French because I was born in Québec, Canada (and still living here). I lived with my mom for the first seven years of my life and she hasn't taught me a single word of French, so I got a pretty late start, unfortunately.

Kudos to anyone who has the determination to learn a new language, I feel like I'm making very slow progress and I just want to give up. :( I had those French evaluations where you have a discussion in French at school today, and it sucked.

I have History and Ethics in French instead of English, which I think just makes the courses harder than it has any right to be. I feel that my general French skills are very low, even after eight years of learning. But I am pretty good at translating things from French to English.

I'm currently learning French in college because I'm into French culture. I'm trying to reach an intermediate level so I can understand French music. I really like French Canadian singers, and this motivates me to learn the language. I find that it's helpful to listen to podcasts in foreign languages to improve my listening comprehension. After that, I plan on learning Turkish for travel purposes. I noticed that Turkish has many similarities in vocabulary to other Middle Eastern languages like Arabic and Persian, so it might be easy for me to learn since I know Persian.

Back