• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you a video game collector?

What kind of game collector are you?

• Im a hardcore collector! With masses of sealed games

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Im a scalper

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Im a casual gamer, I buy games as and when

Votes: 116 79.5%
  • I'm like Matt. I buy games to play but they remain new and sealed if I end up not playing them

Votes: 29 19.9%

• Total voters
I really only buy the games that I want to play, instead of the more sought-after ones

but I enjoy placing my game cases on display regardless *v*

No, not nowadays. I used to be though, especially with Neptunia stuff but fortunately I left that dark hole lol.

I wouldn't consider myself as one. I only pick up digital copies when they are very cheap, but that's still like 300+ games.
I kinda started collecting GBA games nowadays, but for me it's more about playing a game than having some collectible.

I'd call myself a collector, but certainly not in the 'Mint Condition' kind of way. I generally won't buy things unless I intend to play them, but I'll also not pass up a good deal on something rare/flashy that I care about. A good example being the Blue Badger DSi I recently imported.

Like others, gaming is basically my major hobby so it's natural to end up with a pretty impressive collection if you're not the type to sell things.

I would LOVE to be a hardcore collector, but I'm underage and broke Hahahahaha..... ha.... ಥ_ಥ

I'm not a collector, I just buy the games I like and maybe sometimes some merchandise
of those games but that's pretty much it.

I only buy physical copies of my favourite games and games that are part of a series I like, such as how I own physical copies of the Final Fantasy XIII despite thinking those games are garbage because I own a physical copy of all the other main series games.

As for special editions, I'll only get those of my favourite games (unless there's little to no price difference between normal and collectors/special/limited editions). Yes I open them, otherwise how do I get to the neat collectable crap that's inside?

The only exception to any of this is Twilight Princess HD collectors edition which still remains sealed. It's not because I want to keep it in mint condition or anything, I had just recently completed it on the Wii and haven't had the urge to replay it again yet.

Otherwise I'll just buy/"""acquire"""" digital copies. I've got basically every major console from as far back as the Megadrive, with the amount of games I get through I just don't have the physical space to waste on anything but what I regard as 'the best'.

I use to collect Sim games, but then I got disinterested in the series.
Now I mostly just collect memorabilia and things relating to Animal Crossing that's usable.

Last edited:
I'm from a country in which games are very expensive, so whenever I get the opportunity to travel abroad I go to the game stores and amass a bunch of pre-owned games, get from online giveaways or buy when they are on sale, even if I'm playing something else in the moment on consoles or my computer can't currently handle it.
But I also play a lot of games. I'm among one of the first 15 to beat Persona 5 when it was released in English, for example.

Not a collector at all. I only buy the games I'm 100% sure I would enjoy and that I would spend a lot of time playing (or if its animal crossing lol).

I only ever buy games that I plan on playing immediately, sometimes though I?ll buy some of the cheap games just to add to my collection and try out something new every once in a while.

I'm definitely not a collector. I only have a few select games that I play. Even after owning the 3ds since 2013, I only have like 6 games for it, with animal crossing being the only game I still play actively. Same with the switch. I have 5 games for the switch and I keep going back to the same game on that too (BOTW). However, I do like collecting things related to franchises I enjoy, like animal crossing or LOZ figurines.

I can't stand clutter. I buy games when I intend to play them (although that doesn't always work out) and then sell them on once I've 100% completed them. The exception being Final Fantasy games as I usually buy collectors editions.

I prefer physical games so I normally buy my games that way and I display the cases. I definitely am I collector of pokemon games and old n64 games, and almost any nintendo console, but usually for the newer things I only buy games that I enjoy. I recently moved, but before I had to pack everything up I had a big collection of games displayed in my office.

I don?t know ven know what I am. I definitely do t consider myself a collector...however, I have like 10+ 3Ds games and pretty much the only one I play is animal crossing. So all the others are just put away in perfect care and not being played with.

Back