• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Anyone here who is homeschooled?

DSFAN121

Bells
I'm not, but I was up until the beginning of last year. Man, I miss those days. But, on Sept. '06, I got institutionalized into the hellhole know to some people as public school. I went through a lot during that year. I had an english teacher who flunked me because he hated the fact I was homeschooled. My report card always looked like: ", A, A+, A+, A-, C-, A, A+, A+. He made me hate writing, which is why I disappeared from forums until a couple months ago. Now, I'm glad as hell it's summer, and I have a feeling next year is going to be better.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Gengar might be next year. Either that or he's going to a diffrent school.

I'm not, and glad. I wouldn't have known the people I know now if I stayed at home all day.

And Bul's homeschooled? Is that why he's on at abnormal times in like the middle of April?

:p

OddCrazyMe said:
I'm not 100% sure but I think Gengar might be next year. Either that or he's going to a diffrent school.
Yeah, I was originally going to be homeschooled, but I got accepted into the school where my friends are for next year. =DDDDDDD

But, I thought school was pretty terrible this past year too. I hope you get used to it, DSFAN, maybe even learn to like it a little. A part of me wishes I would have done that this year...

Anyway, there was a gigantic thread made about Homeschooling and Non-homeschooling a little while back...

Flygon said:
I'm not, and glad. I wouldn't have known the people I know now if I stayed at home all day.

And Bul's homeschooled? Is that why he's on at abnormal times in like the middle of April?

:p
Agreed, the only good thing about Homeschool is you can go to school in your Pajamas.

DarthGohan1 said:
Bulerias said:
I still homeschool, I'll just take one class in public.

Homeschooling > EVERYTHING.
Hurts the social network.
That was one of the big discussion points in the old thread. We proved that it really depends on the person whether or not the homeschooled student is social.

For example, one person in homeschooling might just choose to stick around in his room all day, while the other in homeschooling is hanging out with friends in his/her spare time, playing sports, joining activities of somekind, etc.

Ergo, homeschooling shouldn't be steriotyped as non-social. For there are many ways homeschooling can be perfectly social.

;)

DarthGohan1 said:
But if you have a really boring class, you don't have friends to make it less boring.
You could just stop doing it and do something else for a little bit.

DarthGohan1 said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
DarthGohan1 said:
But if you have a really boring class, you don't have friends to make it less boring.
You could just stop doing it and do something else for a little bit.
Not talk to friends though...
You could just stop working and go over your friends house D:

Back