• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anyone experiencing a lot of new lag on their island?

pinkfawn

Local Pink Deer
Bells
Switch
8429-0882-0986
Island
Jubilee
My island is lagging in places that previously had no lag before the update. I realize the update was rather hefty in size so it could just be from that, but I wanted to know if anyone else was having this issue.

My island is lagging worse then before and there's frame drop happening around my house even though I cleared out the area of items before the update so I could rebuild.

My island is lagging worse then before and there's frame drop happening around my house even though I cleared out the area of items before the update so I could rebuild.
Yeah I'm getting a lot of lag in areas that have barely any items. I wonder what's going on.

Yes, and I think it's worst than the last time, My island is never lagging at night, but now it is.

I've been getting a lot more lag too. Every time they push out a larger update it seems to get worse for me.

Good to know I wasn't imagining it. I've always had slight lag at a few of my finished builds but the "bubble" where that lag usually is feels way larger than normal. Weirdly enough one of my forest areas with no furniture and just some random trees is now lagging. There aren't any custom designs there either, just trees.

I'll give it a few days to see if it calms down and this is just patch day related. If it persists then I might try removing flowers/trees/furniture...​

I'm definitely getting some lag too, and in areas where I don't have a lot of furniture or flowers. I hope that the lag will lessen as I play the game more.

It took my game a while longer to even open and my mail box waaaaay longer to open.

Well, I noticed a while back a certain area of my island lagged, then it seemed to just fix itself for a few months, possibly due to an update, but today I noticed the lag is back in that same area, after updating to 2.0.

Yes, I've noticed some lag in a relatively light area. There's only a handful of items there, and no custom designs. It never lagged before the update!
Curiously, two of the areas that are decked out with custom paths and lots of items still don't lag, though. It feels like the left side of my island lags constantly, but the right is fairly lag free despite being more decorated.

Yes I have! Or at least I did! I was inpatient and decided to pay someone on eBay to go to their treasure island to learn all the new DIY’s and catalog all the new items and I took some of the items home with me that were on the island - mostly street lamps you can buy with nook miles and were in a different color than what my island had. I probably took home 20-30 home and I put them up all over my island. BIG MISTAKE. I started to notice the lag big time and I couldn’t figure out what it was for the life of me, until I noticed one day while running past my campsite in an area where I didn’t have the lamp posts, I didn’t have the lag problem but as soon as I crossed the bridge towards my neighborhood and the lamp posts I instantly noticed the lag. I also remember back while I was on the treasure island it had super bad lagging issues just like I was experiencing and the guy who ran the treasure island even said I had to leave the island ever 15 minutes or else the game would “time out” and kick me off the island and I’d lose everything I had learned in that 15 minute interval. So after figuring that out I decided to collect up all my lamp posts and all the other items I took home (like new seasonal items, happy home paradise rewards, group stretching rewards, etc.) and sold them to the nook shop and I instantly noticed a huge change! I re-bought all the lamp posts and paid to have them customized by Reese and put the new ones up and the lag problem is gone! I still notice a slight frame drop by my nook shop but this sounds like a common thing others are experiencing as well.

I post this for everyone who may not have paid to visit a treasure island, but think back on if maybe you were gifted an item from/traded items with another person that you may have met on a forum like this, Reddit, Facebook group etc. who could have gotten their items from a treasure island. The way that I tested my theory of what lamp posts and other items were causing my lag issues was I took one lamp post to an area that was empty and free of any other items and I simply held B and ran around it a few times and if it was a glitched lamp post I would notice the lag and if it was one that I had bought previous to the treasure island I wouldn’t notice the lag and so I separated the glitched items from the non-glitched items and sold all the ones that gave me the lag.

I will say I don’t think it’s only items from a treasure island that will do this but I think it’s something to do with the new 2.0 items, as I haven’t experienced any issues in the past with items I received from treasure islands, but I think those items are more likely to cause major lag issues. Hopefully this helps anyone who is experiencing more intense lag issues like I was and anyone who wasn’t foolish enough to go to a treasure island but are now stuck with this lag due to a gifted/traded item from someone who did go to a treasure island😢 I also learned that cataloging is my new best friend!🤣

I was starting to worry cause I hadn't seen anyone else mention that they were having these lagging problems. I first noticed it when opening my mail box and also while I was walking around my island.

I do feel it a bit laggy. When I walk I barely feel the lag, but if I pickup speed, something is different. I thought maybe it could have been because I redid an area of my town recently, but now it might also be because of the update?

I went and dug out a couple flowers and sold them. I noticed they had taken over an area of my town. The lag did get better after that though.

Sometimes when I go to pick up something my character freezes for 10 seconds or so, picks up the item then continues like nothing happened. Same thing if I go to open a door, or my mailbox.

My island never used to lag and now it does it all the time. None of the other AC games had this problem. They need to fix it. This is a AAA game. It shouldn't be happening.

My island has zero lag. I have never experienced lag on my island since the game’s release. My island is also minimally decorated.

I had some lag after building my previous island entrance, it mainly occurred on days when it was snowing. However now that I’ve redesigned the entrance and got rid of a few items the lag has completely disappeared.

I agree with everyone else. My Island lags in places it never lagged and I like to say that I minimize my decorating. Around my house where there are just some green mums it lags. My huge vegetable garden lags LIKE INSANITY. I think my whole island is starting to lag just because of my flowers and trees :(

Back