Any tips on how to handle my Resident Services location?

baileyanne94

Bells
Switch
7233-5562-3234
Feedback
100% (169) +
It was kinda hard to choose a map when I started and know what would’ve worked better for me as opposed to others, if I were to restart I could easily pick a better map for what I want but I don’t really want to restart, I have all my desired villagers (about half are from amiibo but that’s still time-consuming) and I have accomplished a lot since starting. If I leave my dream address below, would some folks mind visiting? In my opinion, my Resident Services is kind of hard to work with in its spot...oh how I wish I could move it. My island isn’t ‘done’, not changing much about it at the moment but I’m already wanting to make some changes in the near future; would anyone have any suggestions of how they would design around this location, or even share if you know any photos/videos/Dreams of islands with the same location? Hope this makes sense and thanks everyone! :) i overall try to go for a ‘European’ look to my places in AC as I absolutely loved how everything looked during my time as a exchange student in Germany. Critique on that is also welcome! My central market area near Nook’s I plan to make into a Weihnachtsmarkt to the best of my ability in a couple of months :)

DA: 6129-1009-1212

Last edited:
Yeah, the dream address isn't working. Also, kind of off topic but , where in Germany did you stay ? 😍😍 I also spent a year there and loved it. My island's name is Waldheim (compound name I made up, apparently also a real town). I was thinking about building a Biergarten at my island.

I'd like to take a look, but your DA isn't working for me...

thank you for letting me know! I checked and I had put my creator ID; the first post now has the correct Dream Address.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, the dream address isn't working. Also, kind of off topic but , where in Germany did you stay ? 😍😍 I also spent a year there and loved it. My island's name is Waldheim (compound name I made up, apparently also a real town). I was thinking about building a Biergarten at my island.

thanks as well, I had put my creator ID and fixed it now to show my dream address :) my host family lived in Kassel which was like an hour train ride or so from Frankfurt; I saw Munich, Marburg and some other small areas but lived in Kassel mainly :) that was the name of my New Leaf town. Your island name is nice and original but fits well :) a biergarten would be amazing, I’d like to see it! Thanks for sharing your story :)

Ok, I visited your DA. Here's what I've got.
I can see how it could be difficult to work with that resident services placement. It's very close to the dock.
My suggestion is to make a 'main street' that leads directly to the town square, with a few buildings alongside. Something like this:
20200913_114312_compress23.jpg

Alternatively, make the street approach the plaza from the west, this gives you more space for buildings.

Most European cities have a historic center that consists mainly of pedestrian zones like plazas and alleys, so I suggest trying to emulate this by grouping a few buildings together.
Your market area already looks pretty good! All you need to do for a Weihnachtsmarkt is to make it christmas-themed. Go for a red-green-white colour-scheme, add a christmas tree ofc, and adjust the stall items.
Overall I liked your island. There was so much stuff to discover! You used the available space well! It didn't feel crowded and was easy to navigate.

Ok, I visited your DA. Here's what I've got.
I can see how it could be difficult to work with that resident services placement. It's very close to the dock.
My suggestion is to make a 'main street' that leads directly to the town square, with a few buildings alongside. Something like this:
View attachment 318535
Alternatively, make the street approach the plaza from the west, this gives you more space for buildings.

Most European cities have a historic center that consists mainly of pedestrian zones like plazas and alleys, so I suggest trying to emulate this by grouping a few buildings together.
Your market area already looks pretty good! All you need to do for a Weihnachtsmarkt is to make it christmas-themed. Go for a red-green-white colour-scheme, add a christmas tree ofc, and adjust the stall items.
Overall I liked your island. There was so much stuff to discover! You used the available space well! It didn't feel crowded and was easy to navigate.
Thanks for being so thorough, I truly appreciate it :) I’ll think about that since I’m starting to make some changes again; I really appreciate so thank you again!

I visited, and I think your island looks great! My resident services is in a difficult spot too. It's right in front of the airport. If you want to see what I've done with it, my dream address is in my signature .

Looking at the map Solio posted, your RA looks to be in a similar position as mine, in relation to the airport.

My dream address is in my signature, if you want to see how I handled it.

Back