• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Any thoughts on decorating villager home interiors?

I suspect that if you decorate and change the villagers house completely, and you give the villager away, i have a feeling their house will stay like that. Or maybe im wrong? Cause when you change the catchphrase or clothes of a villager, and u give them away, dont they stay that way? I dont think they revert back to the default
so im not sure how i feel about it yet haha
id have to be 100% sure first that i wanna keep this villager :)
i do like the idea tho!

I’m only going to make small changes to make their homes a little cosier. :) leave everything mostly where it is but for example add some cute things for their tables or a plant or two
Agree. For the most part I'm probably just going to keep doing what I normally do, which is just tweak their existing set up in nice ways. Only now without having to struggle with all the RNG getting in the way, haha.

Though I'm sure there will be some cases where the original house is just really bland or doesn't seem to fit the animal at all. Those will require more work, but even then I'd still maybe try to work within the given theme if possible.

The best part about this update is you can now give your neighbors clothes to your hearts content and do their bug/fish requests without worrying about how they're going to ruin their houses. Freedom!

I’m getting Tom back his zen theme from prior games. He’s the one I need to majorly rehaul. The rest I’ll see how it goes.

Since we don't know the full extent of what we'll be able to do and not do, I'll start with simple things. Giving Audie and Raymond a bed and Phoebe a proper bed top the list, and getting rid of the friggin' grasshoppers and sea bass that Gonzo, Raymond and Sterling refuse to put away is pretty up there. From there we'll see how deep we can go with these changes and make plans for some other villagers. For the most part though? I tend to like the general feel of what most villagers have in their house. I would just like to make the homes more inviting with pillars and partitions for the most part.

Goes without saying though, all of my villagers are going to be getting themed Gyroids in their pads like the good ol' days.

As much as I am a purist when it comes to their homes.... I'M TOTALLY HYPE FOR THIS! My villagers are all my dreamies and permanent so they're not going anywhere anyways.

Cant wait kiki is getting a complete male over. Everyone is. I'm so ready for this and the new items!!

I'll probably visit each one and see what I need to change or do a complete makeover.
My current plan is to give Rudy and proper room. I never thought the room he has now was appropriate for him?
Next would be Julia who put a plant I gave her on the ground. I'm going to put that on the table and maybe make a few tweaks.

I have some vague plans, but nothing crazy. Most of my villagers are more residential so I'll just spruce up their houses to have more decor, or make the very themed ones look more like houses. I've been the most excited for my 3 "themed area" villagers.

Rod has a pirate hideaway so I may change his pirate ship interior to look more like an actual hideaway. Merengue has a cafe, of course, so I'll make the inside look even more like an actual cafe and match it with the tables and decor used for the outside seating area. Fauna is on a farm, which is perfect for the farming part of the update. Her house already looks pretty cozy but it could look more cozy and farm-like with the new cooking stuff.

I’m just glad it’s something villagers have to ask of you, so it’s not like you’re doing this without their permission. It gives you something to work towards. Otherwise I think redesigning everyone’s interior is the first thing people would do.

I'm going to reference the old interiors to bring villagers homes back to their original designs, as well as add a few of my own touches. For example, Cherry's house in NL used the sleek set, and since that's coming back I'm going to use it in her home (as well as a few cherry items!)

If I Was still playing I'd just have fun putting something together that meets the requirements that I also think looks like it's for them.

As for my island, well I'm not sure if the DLC crosses over that much and some are getting thier hopes/expectations up too high. If it does, I'd imagine it would be through a request of the villager after a friendship level has been hit. I'd be ok with that esp if they give you parameters. Otherwise it would feel weird.
The challenge of replacing things in their house now is annoying and satisfying at the same time. 1 because it's time consuming 2 because you finally found something you and the villager both like. The process has a filter that makes it feel like hey this is the villagers house and choice. Part of the quirkiness of villagers is they have their own likes and dislikes and taste.

I will try to be conservative with it as I hate micromanaging things and prefer the older original charm of AC rather than the more godmodding, Sim-esque charm of the interior design aspect. However, I will definitely utilize it to give Bob flooring that isn't just straight up, plain dirt lol. It always makes me wince walking into his house. Also, if I end up keeping Cleo as my snooty, I will give her an actual bed and table rather than just a literal office lmao. It's cute that she likes the office life but please keep your home as your home, Cleo. Please at least have a bed.

They just need some like why is Boot's house like that
House_of_Boots_NH.png

Why is Coco's house so weird why is it like that is she making more of herself? Why is her house like that
House_of_Coco_NH.jpg

They just need some little adjustments, some more than others.

The news that we can decorate the villagers' houses has been so liberating for me - I've been spamming all my villagers with gifts of clothing that I've wanted to give them for so long now that I know I can just reset or redo their homes.
I haven't had any plans beyond just tidying up some homes, but recently Rudy moved in and his house just has a lot of kiddie furniture, so I'll try and spruce that up. Cousteau still has his starter house so he'll be first in line to get a home makeover.

I was just thinking about what the limits of the interior customisation will be, and I feel like we will be limited to the villager's personal inventory of stuff they have from the start and stuff you've given them (or stuff another villager has given them)

I think that makes the most sense to me, it might take a little while to collect all the furniture you would want a villager to have since you can only gift them once a day, but it sounds like it'll be a nice project to do over time

I'm thinking of making some of their houses into things like libraries and shops! I think it would be pretty cute, and a way to add "buildings" to the island :)

I’d be very eager to match villager homes to my perception of their aesthetic. Just gives me something more to do!

This is one of the things I’m most looking forward too. I love HHD but always wished I could decorate the homes of my villagers in NL and there’s been soooo many times when ive wanted to redesign my villagers houses in NH.

Right now I just want to be able to give Chief a bed to sleep in, the poor wolf lives in what looks like a back alley of a dodgy neighbourhood. Other than that I'd like to be to change the exterior of all my villager houses so they match in colour at least. 😂

I'll just do glow ups and try to keep their tastes in mind for the most part. It's be nice to remove some "decor" clothing and add some of the new times to bring their themes to life better.

With others like say if I adopt Chief, Jacob, or Keaton for example... there will be nothing left of their original homes cause they are terrible. Rex, Bud, and Jacques are my guilty members of having interiors I'm not keen on, and I'll likely redo the entire thing if I decide to keep them around. Meanwhile Sheldon has made a mess of his gorgeous home, but I think I'm ready to let him go as I have an etsy card of him in case I regret letting him go.

Back