Anime <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
What's your favorite anime? If you like anime. If you don't like anime, please don't put it down. I'd hate to lecture you about how awesome anime is. :D

As you can tell, I LOVE FRUITS BASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's just stylized cartoons, not the best thing ever.

flcl is my fave, because flcl is flcl.

runners up are bebop, castle of cagliostro (badass), and elfen lied.

Eh, not really a big fan of Japanese cartoons, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Never was much of a weeaboo.

Gurren Lagann, Rave Master, and Gundam (though I haven't been watching it lately). I got the whole series of GL on my Netflix. :D

Mr. Phoenix said:
Gurren Lagann, Rave Master, and Gundam (though I haven't been watching it lately). I got the whole series of GL on my Netflix. :D
all the animu i could ever have time/patience to watch is on my computer, currently.

may I never have the boredom to sit through blood+

also, rewatching cagliostro atm. 720p anime older than I am ftw.

Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
castle of cagliostro
What is this about =o?
Lupin III's movie.

if you don't know, he's a master thief. it's set in some kind of a fashion era.. late 60's early 70's, maybe? I dunno. google is more knowledgeable than me.

IMDB

if you like anime, any of it, I'd suggest it. don't know if there's english audio, (I haven't searched for it, and the copy i have is perfect, but only moonspeak with english subs)

it's supposed to be (or was at one point) the best anime ever, according to many, many enthusiasts not named Psychonaut . :p

comedy, action, a bit of drama.. excellent quality animation

Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
castle of cagliostro
What is this about =o?
Lupin III's movie.

if you don't know, he's a master thief. it's set in some kind of a fashion era.. late 60's early 70's, maybe? I dunno. google is more knowledgeable than me.

IMDB

if you like anime, any of it, I'd suggest it. don't know if there's english audio, (I haven't searched for it, and the copy i have is perfect, but only moonspeak with english subs)

it's supposed to be (or was at one point) the best anime ever, according to many, many enthusiasts not named Psychonaut . :p

Nah, not really a fan of anime, that name just stuck out to me. It seems interesting enough.

Might have to check this one out.

Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
castle of cagliostro
What is this about =o?
Lupin III's movie.

IMDB

Nah, not really a fan of anime, that name just stuck out to me. It seems interesting enough.

thinking about it right now, you could almost compare the animation style/feel to hannah-barbara cartoons, but sharper and without those playback things (flintstones walking forever, scooby-doo and the gang always running the same way/little movement..) that come with less detail-oriented "cheap" animation.

all of the characters bodies is animated, not just their lips.

Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Lupin III's movie.

IMDB

thinking about it right now, you could almost compare the animation style/feel to hannah-barbara cartoons, but sharper and without those playback things (flintstones walking forever, scooby-doo and the gang always running the same way/little movement..) that come with less detail-oriented "cheap" animation.

Ugh, Hannah-Barbarra.

*door opens*
Freddie: Look! That door just opened!
Viewer: Thank you Captain Obvious.

*man walks by*
Freddie: That man just walked by!
Viewer: I didn't know that!

*Daphne has been kidnapped*
Freddie: The monster has kidnapped Daphne!
Viewer: ARGH *smashesheadagainstwall*
Freddie: Look! The viewer has just smashed his head against a wall!

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepLupin III's movie.

IMDB

Ugh, Hannah-Barbarra.

*door opens*

*man walks by*

all the while they're standing in the same position/stance they were in when the last episode started. :p

I really hope anyone who doesn't like anime will try it for the first time, or again for some of you. I think you'll really enjoy it! :3

Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:
Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Lupin III's movie.

IMDB

Oh, that's cool, might be a quality piece of animation right there.

It's weird that a lot of anime of more modern times seems to follow that Hannah-Barbara style of moving nothing but it's lips.

*looks at Dragonball Z*

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Rawburt said:

IMDB

it's supposed to be (or was at one point) the best anime ever, according to many, many enthusiasts not named Psychonaut

Ugh, Hannah-Barbarra.

*door opens*

*man walks by*

all the while they're standing in the same position/stance they were in when the last episode started. :p
Or they're walking around in circles
Or their clothes have changed colors
Or Freddie's voice is coming out of Shaggie's mouth
Or they're in a different order
Or all of the above and then some

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:

IMDB

it's supposed to be (or was at one point) the best anime ever, according to many, many enthusiasts not named Psychonaut
Ugh, Hannah-Barbarra.

*door opens*

*man walks by*

Or they're walking around in circles
Or their clothes have changed colors
Or Freddie's voice is coming out of Shaggie's mouth
Or they're in a different order
Or all of the above and then some
http://www.youtube.com/v/RQNJjvaaMEk

dbz was a tv show, and a "shonen" style or something, so it had to be made/produced quickly, cheaply, and so quality was dropped, i guess.

but still, that's a plague for most animation, though anime (most specifically bad anime) seems to have the most offenders.

also, there's plenty of anime that don't follow the hannah-barbara style, but even they have the "still character-lips moving" plague.

also, to it's credit, hannah-barbara had a lot of caroons going on/created, and some of them were really good quality. it's just known a lot more for the walking endlessly loops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back