• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Animals that have sold you fake art work.

Not as of yet, but I have a suspicion that Monty is always trying to rip me off. He mentions that he 'has to look for another sucker'. Kind of suspicious, don't you think?

On the contrary, however, Kyle was nice enough to sell me a real painting, then give me another.

Octavian sells me art sometimes, but he always warns me that he doesn't know if it's fake or not. =P

Apparently he has a hard time telling Redd "no" XD

I never buy artwork off any animal villagers. It'sway too risky, there's no way of telling whether it's real or not. I only buy from Redd or on forums.

Having said that, I still haven't completed my artwork section in my museum! lol

None of them have tried to sell me art, real or fake, in my current town. But in an old one I remember Deirdre sold me about 3 fakes, I don't know why I kept on buying them. :p

Yes, Colton sold me a fake painting not too long ago. I wouldn't have been too mad... Except he made me pay 7k for it! None of my other smugs ever made me pay the full price, but Colton does... >.<

Sylvia sold a few fake ones to me, but also a few that were genuine. Lucky me.

Last edited:
Yep, I have bought fake art from villagers, but I have also bought real art, I would say that a safe way to buy art from them is just to only buy the art that is always original as the perfect painting, I think Hopper sold me a common painting.

I think everyone whose ever sold me art work has ripped me off a one point.
Sometimes there's a genuine one in the pile of fakes but it's like a needle in a haystack.

A ton of them have tried. Diana, Olivia, and Marshal have recently but there were many attempts before theirs ahah. I never even take the chance. There's a reason I'm known as 'bell-pincher' >__>

At least the crankies are honest about it. They tell you it might be fake. The smugs lie to your face and say how it is their prized possessions. Maybe they just don't know, but I don't cut smugs any slack.

yeah at least they warn you. villagers have given me a fair amount of real art. but they have also given me fakes.

Deirdre did yesterday, it always makes me laugh how the uchis are so happy when you buy their (usually fake) artwork. It's like they're going haha sucker ! got rid of it !

Curt is the only one who has ever approached me about the "crazy fox" with art. I bought them off of him the first two times and they were both fakes. When he asked the third time I said no and he gave it to me anyway and said something to the effect of "he doesn't have anywhere to put it anyway." Surprise, surprise. That one was a fake as well. :D

Back