• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
If theyre selling it online of course its going to have its own SKU. Every item even if its a one time sell unique item will likely have a sku.

EWWWW GOLD MARIO AT WALMART. Why do they keep doing retailer exclusives? Also that Mario party Rosalina I bet wont be exclusive to target so everyone went crazy for nothing.

EWWWW GOLD MARIO AT WALMART. Why do they keep doing retailer exclusives? Also that Mario party Rosalina I bet wont be exclusive to target so everyone went crazy for nothing.

Probably to give retailers incentive to sell more things related to their slow selling WiiU. If they get an exclusive they have a reason to carry the others since people may buy more than 1.
Yeah I bet Rosalina won't be exclusive twice, if she is that'd be crazy. I wonder what that moron who bought 1000 of her is saying now. Is he going to buy another 1000 to cause a stir again? :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Unidentified Floor Oranges.

Last edited:
I got him in my cart.
Then he sold out. ;_;

Target seems to have a habit of restocking their amiibos multiple times a day (ones that aren't Rosalina, anyway...), so you might yet have another chance or two. If they don't plan to restock, I think they just take them down completely, like they did with Rosalina and Luma.

I was just wondering: do Skylanders or Disney Infinity have supply issues as well? Or at least certain figures that are more difficult to find? Those departments always seem really well stocked and I've never read of people stalking websites waiting for figures to become available.

So excited.
My boss from gamestop texted me (yes at 2:20am) and told me we got another amiibo shipment. Which contained Fox (which I haven't been able to find at any gamestop within 150 miles. Or best buy, walmart or target) and we got more Sheiks. :D

I was just wondering: do Skylanders or Disney Infinity have supply issues as well? Or at least certain figures that are more difficult to find? Those departments always seem really well stocked and I've never read of people stalking websites waiting for figures to become available.

I'm pretty sure there aren't exactly any rare ones, they're all seemingly just as available as the next unless one was popular, then you just have to wait for it to restock. Whereas Amiibo, once some of these are gone, they're gone. The "rare" or difficult to obtain Skylanders/Infinity seem to come from the various bundle packs, but those are still quite common. I see the same gold/silver/clear pieces all the time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only time I saw a rush to get any of the Infinity figures was when the "1.0" figures or w/e went on sale or were gonna be retired or whatever happened that time. Pretty sure it had to do with the release of 2.0
Also a mini rush over Wreck it Ralph & Frozen.

I'm pretty sure there aren't exactly any rare ones, they're all seemingly just as available as the next unless one was popular, then you just have to wait for it to restock. Whereas Amiibo, once some of these are gone, they're gone. The "rare" or difficult to obtain Skylanders/Infinity seem to come from the various bundle packs, but those are still quite common. I see the same gold/silver/clear pieces all the time.

Okay. That's pretty much what I thought. I used to be a big Star Wars collector so I know what it's like to go to stores and 'fight' over toys but it's still disappointing that Nintendo is going after the false scarcity thing. Oh well.

Ordering Sonic and Megaman soon, hoping to be able to order Meta Knight on the 20th (Can't find a Meta Knight that ISN'T from Japan)

Okay. That's pretty much what I thought. I used to be a big Star Wars collector so I know what it's like to go to stores and 'fight' over toys but it's still disappointing that Nintendo is going after the false scarcity thing. Oh well.

They did it with the Wii and a handful of games throughout the years. You could say they did it with the WiiU GC Adapter too. Anytime they have something popular they don't produce as much as they know they could to try and make things scarce so they can rake in as much money as possible before they flood the market with too many Wiis, too many games, too many adapters and later AMIIBO CARDS.
HA And I've seen crazy Star Wars people fight for things at Toys R Us ~_~

My Fox amiibo I won from here just came yay <3

I only plan on getting Ness whenever pre-orders become available. Then I'll maybe get DHD but that's it

The amiibo which I am currently waiting to receive:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 of 2
2. Mega Man 1 of 2
3. Mega Man 2 of 2
4. King Dedede
5. Meta Knight
6. Shulk
7. Pac Man
8. Ness
9. Wario
10. Charizard
11. Lucina
12. Robin
13. Mario
14. Luigi
15. Yoshi
16. Peach
17. Toad
18. Bowser

The amiibo which I currently own:

1. Mario
2. Fox
3. Samus
4. Peach
5. Pikachu
6. Kirby
7. Wii Fit Trainer
8. Yoshi
9. Donkey Kong
10. Marth
11. Villager
12. Zelda
13. Link
14. Pit
15. Little Mac
16. Captain Falcon
17. Diddy Kong
18. Luigi
19. Rosalina
20. Ike
21. Lucario
22. Toon Link
23. Sheik
24. Bowser
25. Sonic the Hedgehog 1 of 2

They did it with the Wii and a handful of games throughout the years. You could say they did it with the WiiU GC Adapter too. Anytime they have something popular they don't produce as much as they know they could to try and make things scarce so they can rake in as much money as possible before they flood the market with too many Wiis, too many games, too many adapters and later AMIIBO CARDS.
HA And I've seen crazy Star Wars people fight for things at Toys R Us ~_~

I can't believe I forgot about the Wii shortage craze! The only reason I got one was because I worked at Blockbuster and we started carrying them. We got maybe three every week and the phones were ringing off the hook... and this was two years after launch.

I also seem to remember Mario Kart being notoriously hard to find. Ah, how quickly we forget!

The WiiU adapter is for pre order again at gamestop.
Off topic I know, but also a hard to find item.

I was very surprised to see Meta Knight in stock at Future Shop/Best Buy. So... I ordered him. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled - getting him for a friend. Also getting Megaman for another friend, haven't gotten a shipping date from Walmart.

BUT, I'm getting Rosetta & Chiko for myself tomorrow in the mail (I believe), Amazon's tracking is a little weird. xD

Back